PDA

View Full Version : How to tell the future Study

youthism_is_me
05-10-2010, 01:03 PM
This is not a New age kind of thing, This may not be true . I just know it works alot . Ok here is how it works . Say you have a dice get another person . Then give them a choice between two nubers on the dice . After they pick one roll the dice most often it seems to land on that number they picked . It also works with questions . If you want to test this I need two helpers .

LiNuX
05-10-2010, 01:05 PM
Isn't that probability ?

Kink3bird
05-10-2010, 01:07 PM
Future is a man-made concept much like time and really doesn't exist.

Having free will and the fact were always living in the present makes me skeptical...

youthism_is_me
05-10-2010, 01:09 PM
QUOTE=LiNuX;209039]Isn't that probability ?[/QUOTE]

Kinda , Just that when you pick the two nubers it seem they are rigt mostly , Also it works with questions .

jango
05-10-2010, 01:12 PM
you pick the two nubers

ok .. the two noobs i pick are me and subb .. do i win a cookie now?

Jaykub
05-10-2010, 01:14 PM
IT WORKS!!!

I predicted this was going to be a stupid thread before I opened it.

>.>
<.<

youthism_is_me
05-10-2010, 01:15 PM
ok .. the two noobs i pick are me and subb .. do i win a cookie now?No ok here look Ill pm you a anwser then ill ask a question on the fourm , MOst people who vote will pick my anwser is my guess. Want to try.

EpsilonX
05-10-2010, 10:57 PM
it's some bias syndrome thing. people expect the number to be picked, and people don't care if it lands on something else, but they are interested if guessed correctly.

people are like there's a 1 in a million chance that this will happen.

1/1000000

people are focusing on that 1, and ignoring the rest. but really it's

nine hundred and ninetynine thousand and nine hundred and ninety nine out of a million

999,999/1,000,000

much larger percentage.

if somebody liked entering in sweepstakes, they could win one and think "oh man, out of all the people who entered, i won, woo!" but they're not thinking about the fact that they lost every other sweepstakes they entered.