PDA

View Full Version : Is Windows 7 any good?

Jokersvirus
05-20-2010, 06:59 AM
I am curious if windows 7 is good because at my college i can buy a full home or pro edition of it for about 20 bucks.

Im currently running Vista home i do believe.

jango
05-20-2010, 07:02 AM
well i've heard nothing but mostly good reports about it tbh joker .. which is obv a surprise considering previous versions of windows that often took a service pack or two to really become robust

if i had a better machine and could be bothered (the latter being the more pressing often) i'd already be on win7 ..

Jokersvirus
05-20-2010, 07:07 AM
Ahh, my dad was a beta tester for Windows 7 and did nothing but talk crap about it. I think it would be awesome and im pretty sure my machine can handle it. Dont want to buy something that might suck :P

Charlotte
05-20-2010, 07:41 AM
well dude, window 7 is currently the latest from microsoft, no doubt that it's way better from its previous window version like window vista and xp.
but hey its depend on ya budget by the way.

window 7 have been more simplified and of course more user-friendly which is great.

the appearance is consider as more better than any previous window visual style.

for me of course it's amazing.

and yeh when the latest the thing the better it be.

LiNuX
05-20-2010, 10:11 AM
I'm on it right now, dual booting with XP and Win7 and win7 is great. Although there are still a lot of compatibility issues with certain softwares (and TWO printers I have at home) it's still great and much faster compared to XP. And Windows Vista was total crap imo, I have it on a laptop and I barely use it. Win7 also has the WinXP mode which is pretty good, helps with some compatibility but one of my printers still don't work.

thedeparted
05-21-2010, 04:10 PM
well dude, window 7 is currently the latest from microsoft, no doubt that it's way better from its previous window version like window vista and xp.
but hey its depend on ya budget by the way.

window 7 have been more simplified and of course more user-friendly which is great.

the appearance is consider as more better than any previous window visual style.

for me of course it's amazing.

and yeh when the latest the thing the better it be.

A lot of people disagree with you there

LiNuX
05-21-2010, 05:02 PM
A lot of people disagree with you there

I kinda agree with your disagreement. It's a LOT better than Win Vista imo. I've used both and win vista is just blah.

WinXP still wins when it comes to gaming and software/hardware compatibility. But I'm sure win7 will catch up. I still have issues with some games with win7, including CS (can't even play it without choppiness). But compared to winXP, win7 is a lot faster, they improved that bit which I like.