PDA

View Full Version : Joker retired in Nolan directed Batman's

thedeparted
06-04-2010, 07:19 PM
Director Christopher Nolan says that he won’t bring back The Joker in Batman 3 or in any installment of the franchise while he’s in charge. From the latest issue of Empire Magazine [via Obsessed with Film, emphasis their's]:

“No”, says Nolan emphatically and unhesitatingly. He resists elaborating simply because, quite understandably, he says, “I just don’t feel comfortable talking about it”.

It’s good to know that Nolan is choosing not to make the crassest decision of all-time. Besides, who could you recast? Heath Ledger’s Joker is a singular performance, and while it can be impersonated (tip: always act like you’re really thirsty), it can never be replicated. So let us simply resume speculation over who will be the villain of the next Batman movie. Batman 3 (tentative title) is slated to hit theaters on July 20, 2012

That's good, seeing a different actor than Heath would of been fail

Muffincat
06-04-2010, 07:21 PM
What the hell? Why would the Joker come back, anyway, even if he hadn't died?

But props to him for not doing it...

Jokersvirus
06-04-2010, 07:26 PM
A Come back of a joker could result in setting up for a movie where batman is trapped inside arkham

Muffincat
06-04-2010, 07:30 PM
Yeah, but I dunno.... that would just be so... I mean there are so many other villains to put in the movies; why do the Joker AGAIN when it was done perfectly already?

Jokersvirus
06-04-2010, 07:33 PM
If ledger didnt die the plan was to make a few more joker movies, but right now it seems the most likely choice will be riddler, and they are saying it will be the guy who plays dexter.

novasheep
06-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Glad to hear it, that would of ended in disaster.

Jonte1989
06-05-2010, 12:34 PM
but right now it seems the most likely choice will be riddler, and they are saying it will be the guy who plays dexter.

great choice of actor! This could be really good although I'm no fan of Riddler.

Iceskater101
06-05-2010, 10:46 PM
I loved the dark knight and another joker wouldn't have been the same
I am so glad that they are using the riddler that would be cool
the guy from dextor would be a good choice or johnny depp but we
have already seen his more creepy roles and he should do something
else

Jokersvirus
06-05-2010, 11:14 PM
I would like to see Jim Carry as Riddler, he can be very dark yet funny at the same time

thedeparted
06-05-2010, 11:15 PM
I would like to see Jim Carry as Riddler, he can be very dark yet funny at the same time

Again? I want to see someone new :P

Subb
06-06-2010, 02:27 AM
yeah bring in the new talent

LemonRising
06-06-2010, 12:16 PM
I'm glad with this decision.
so glad.

I gotta admit that I was looking forward to seeing ore joker movies.
I mean, Joker always comes back. ALWAYS. So it's gonna be a little weird I think, knowing the comics and the story.
Doesn't mean this will be a bad thing though. There are many colourful and exciting batman baddies to go through.

Shixx
06-08-2010, 03:36 PM
Dexter As the Riddler, hmm that will be interesting to see as the role he plays on dexter is nothing like the Riddler.

Jokersvirus
06-08-2010, 04:57 PM
Well i never watched Dexter so I cant really say if they are alike or not, but really its more about how dark are you able to be as the character you play. That is what Nolan is after.