PDA

View Full Version : X-men: First Class Casting

Jokersvirus
06-11-2010, 05:34 AM
So they are still deciding who will play Emma Frost and Magneto. Wonder how this will play out

X-Men: First Class Casting Rumors: Emma Frost & Magneto - G4tv.com (http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/705252/X-Men-First-Class-Casting-Rumors-Emma-Frost--Magneto.html)

thedeparted
06-11-2010, 05:38 AM
Rosamund Pike is pretty hawt, she'd work good for Emma Frost.

Jokersvirus
06-11-2010, 05:39 AM
But she could be hotter, departed, we need women you look at your girlfriends will leave you because you are thinking dirty things LOL

thedeparted
06-11-2010, 05:43 AM
So basically someone like Scarlett Johansson

Jokersvirus
06-11-2010, 05:46 AM
yup! Someone like her would work very nicely, but this chick will do she was ok in doom etc etc

Kenoi
06-11-2010, 09:48 AM
hold up, this is... a prequel? like how they all met?

Jokersvirus
06-11-2010, 06:12 PM
I guess its a prequel not really sure to what or how it will play into the X-men Universe but it looks good

Kenoi
06-11-2010, 06:17 PM
man, I thought they would come out with a better x-men, I guess they're all doing the origins first... maybe, don't know. do like the famous marvel characters. haha.
I hear there's a green lantern movie coming out too... don't know when that is... anyone know?

thedeparted
06-11-2010, 06:19 PM
man, I thought they would come out with a better x-men, I guess they're all doing the origins first... maybe, don't know. do like the famous marvel characters. haha.
I hear there's a green lantern movie coming out too... don't know when that is... anyone know?

Penciled in as June 17, 2011 right now

LemonRising
06-12-2010, 08:48 PM
Interesting choices. I can see it working, and I think Pike would be a great look, she has that incredibly mature/sexy look frost always seems to have.

thedeparted
06-14-2010, 06:19 PM
Amber Heard may end up stripping naked and covering herself in blue body paint for her next movie role. Production Weekly says she’s up for the role of Mystique in X-Men: First Class.

Since this is a prequel she’d be playing a younger version of the shape-shifting character made famous by Rebecca Romijn in the other X-Men films. Physically at least, she seems a suitable replacement. Romijn’s take on the character required almost no dialogue, and the character spends a lot of time as other people (which means being played by other actors), so I’m not sure the part really requires anything beyond the ability to look good naked. Heard has that nailed.

Also rumored for First Class is Rosamund Pike. Last week word was that she might play Emma Frost, but now Production Weekly says she’s playing Moira MacTaggert. In X-Men lore, the character is a Scottish scientist and an expert in mutants, who at some point in the past was also a love interest of Charles Xavier. Since First Class tells the story of Professor X’s early days, she could be an essential component.

Finally, despite rumors that Fox wants Michael Fassbender for the role of Magneto, PW says he doesn’t want to play him. That may mean the search for Magneto is back on.

Amber Heard is hot

Kenoi
06-14-2010, 07:53 PM
about that magneto, I hear they're gonna do some movie on him, just like that 'origins' type movie... right? anyone know about that?

thedeparted
06-14-2010, 08:03 PM
In December 2004, 20th Century Fox hired screenwriter Sheldon Turner to draft a spin-off X-Men film, and he chose to write Magneto, pitching it as "The Pianist meets X-Men."[53] In April 2007, David S. Goyer was hired to direct.[54] Turner said the script was set from 1939 to 1955,[55] and it follows Magneto trying to survive in Auschwitz. He meets Xavier, a young soldier, during the liberation of the camp. He hunts down the Nazi war criminals who tortured him, and this lust for vengeance turns him and Xavier into enemies.[54]
In May 2006, Ian McKellen said he would reprise the role using the computer-generated facelift applied to him in the prologue of X-Men: The Last Stand.[56] Lauren Shuler Donner stated that the film would need McKellen to anchor the story, which would take place in flashbacks.[18] With Goyer's hiring in 2007, it was said actors in their twenties would play the characters.[54] McKellen reiterated his hope to open and close the film in July 2008.[57]
The film was planned to shoot in Australia for a 2009 release,[58][59] but it was delayed by the 2007-2008 Writers Guild of America strike.[60] In April 2008, concept art, including one of a younger Beast, was being designed.[61] In June 2008 the X-Men Origins prefix also applied to Wolverine was confirmed, and the project was seeking approval to film in Washington, D.C.[62] By December 2008, Goyer said filming would begin if Wolverine was successful. The story was moved forward to 1961, and involves Xavier and Magneto battling a villain.[63]
However, in October 2009, Ian McKellen confirmed that he will not be reprising his role as Magneto, citing his age as a barrier.[64] X-Men's producer Lauren Shuler Donner recently stated that the movie may never be made.[65] In an October 2009 interview with Empire, Donner claimed that "the studio has a wealth of potential stories, and they have to stand back and decide which ones to make. And Magneto, I think, is at the back of the queue. Maybe it'll get made in five years - who knows?

Seems like it's on hold.

thedeparted
06-18-2010, 11:44 AM
Michael Fassbender Confirmed As Magneto, Beast Cast In X-Men: First Class (http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Michael-Fassbender-Confirmed-As-Magneto-Beast-Cast-In-X-Men-First-Class-19096.html)

Magneto casted now

LemonRising
06-19-2010, 02:37 PM
sounds good. i think he fits.