PDA

View Full Version : Do you follow or not?

Charlotte
06-14-2010, 02:24 AM
Everytime we played new game, there will be a tutorial on what to press, what to click and so on. Some of the game, have a pretty long like hell tutorial that sometime might make us lose patient and get annoying. This is mainly happen on Japanese and any RPG games.

Do you keep following the tutorial or you skip it and just play following your instinct?

For me, I always skip the game tutorial. :P This is mainly because I have no patient reading and looking at the game tutorial. So I will go with my instinct and press anything that I wanna. :P

Newkeh
06-14-2010, 05:16 AM
I follow the tutorial
my brother dont he skip 5 mins later he asks me for help you know what I tell him? no
use your brain complete the tutorial you ahole

I think its better to waste time completing the tutorial than to waste time not knowing what to do in the actual game (ending up dying and having to replay it)

DirtyDMan
06-14-2010, 06:11 AM
I always skip that if it has it.

Charlotte
06-14-2010, 07:05 AM
I follow the tutorial
my brother dont he skip 5 mins later he asks me for help you know what I tell him? no
use your brain complete the tutorial you ahole

I think its better to waste time completing the tutorial than to waste time not knowing what to do in the actual game (ending up dying and having to replay it)

Oh lol at your brother, pretty funny. Haha, you make me laugh there.

And yeh, you right, we gonna knowing what to do in the actual game if we don't wanna ending up dying and seeing 'Game Over' almost everytime. :P

But I surely stick with my habit. :P

KittyCat72
06-14-2010, 07:05 AM
I usually skip it, unless the game it completely like any other I've ever played. But if I pick up a new Mario game or something, A to jump, control stick (depending on the controller) to move. I don't need to waste my time going through the tutorial.

Charlotte
06-14-2010, 07:07 AM
But if I pick up a new Mario game or something, A to jump, control stick (depending on the controller) to move. I don't need to waste my time going through the tutorial.

Oh ya, you have a great point there.

I wanna play tetris but before that I have to watch the tutorial first.

Hahahaha :twitcy:

HamadaLFC8
06-14-2010, 07:54 AM
Yeah I usually follow them, since I wanna own that game and I wanna know every single trick about it!

Sometimes I just skip it then end up being helpless and not knowing what to do and then I go back to the tutorial :P haha

EpsilonX
06-14-2010, 01:55 PM
Usually if its like a new game that idk wtf i'm doing, then i'll do the tutorial. But if its a game i've played or it's just like a hack n slash game, then i skip it.

Iceskater101
06-14-2010, 08:05 PM
It depends really.
I usually do the tutorial if its not to long
if its really long then maybe I will skip it

EpsilonX
06-14-2010, 09:06 PM
I put yes, because, if i don't know how to play a game, then i like doing the tutourial. and also in like megaman games, its a good way to introduce new features and stuffs. The only time i skip is if the game is like devil may cry or some other hack n slash game like that. but they don't ever really have tutorials, just popup things that tell you what button to press in what situation.

Charlotte
06-14-2010, 09:14 PM
but they don't ever really have tutorials, just popup things that tell you what button to press in what situation.

hmm ya, kinda like Gears of War or any other shooting game.

Endgameko
06-17-2010, 05:08 AM
It depends. I prefer not to follow anything i like figuring out stuff on my own. But sometimes you get to a point in a tricky game where you can get stuck, whats the point in getting more frustrated, when you can just read part of a tutorial, I never read a full one, cus then like....why play. I have the fallout 3 strat guide, but i don't follow it just sometimes use sections to decide on some XP options, also its handy to see the damage on weapons etc. Oh I did use some of the online tutorial for siren bloodcurse, cus I spent the whole of that game freaking out.....needed help lmao

Jokersvirus
06-17-2010, 07:21 AM
No, if is a run and gun no reason too, if its a game where you have to know what your doing then i might take a small look, beyond that i just kill anything in my way

Mowinckel107
07-30-2010, 06:44 PM
i have bin gaming for many years, i play by my instinkt, if i don't play somthing groundbreakting, if i have ground troops and a irretating voice saying "the dar earea is the places you dont know yet" then i just skip the crab and go on

Jaykub
07-30-2010, 06:46 PM
It depends on the game for me.

BobTD
07-31-2010, 12:51 AM
Most games I play dont have a tutorial I can skip. Or rather they are less invasive if they do allow you to skip them.

The simple text pop ups I never skip because I can usually read them faster then it takes to close them, and sometimes you can learn things that are not made apparent in the game.

ghegpatatas
07-31-2010, 10:45 AM
no..hahaha..i'm too stubborn to do so.

Project Blaze
07-31-2010, 11:40 AM
I voted "Yes" cuz if I don't follow the tutorial I run the risk of dying a lot and breaking more controllers. And those freak'n things are getting expensive. -_-

glenofimaal
07-31-2010, 06:12 PM
Most of the time i will follow the tutorial ;)

ghegpatatas
08-01-2010, 03:08 AM
I voted "Yes" cuz if I don't follow the tutorial I run the risk of dying a lot and breaking more controllers. And those freak'n things are getting expensive. -_-

why do you keep breaking controllers?

glenofimaal
08-01-2010, 05:10 PM

He probably gets pretty mad and throws them or something ;-)

ghegpatatas
08-02-2010, 08:44 AM
He probably gets pretty mad and throws them or something ;-)

hahaha..makes sense now. I use to smash my keyboard when im frustrated too.

Rachel
08-02-2010, 04:32 PM
I never read it.. xD

Subb
08-02-2010, 05:22 PM
me either im a natural

Project Blaze
08-03-2010, 11:43 AM
lol I don't throw 'em, I grind and twist them till it breaks open along the cracks where they put the controller together are. Or until I just hear somethin' snap. XD Which is why I tend not to play gamez in genres that I suk at. >_< I mean, they're getting way too expensive. -_-

ghegpatatas
08-03-2010, 09:41 PM
lol I don't throw 'em, I grind and twist them till it breaks open along the cracks where they put the controller together are. Or until I just hear somethin' snap. XD Which is why I tend not to play gamez in genres that I suk at. >_< I mean, they're getting way too expensive. -_-

apparently practice doesnt makes perfect for you huh..lol :D

Project Blaze
08-04-2010, 10:56 AM
lol Not all the time it doesn't. :P Besides, you can't tell me you don't get mad at a game sometimes. XP

ghegpatatas
08-04-2010, 11:13 AM
lol. i get mad at tekken sometimes when I get whooped.

Project Blaze
08-04-2010, 02:14 PM
XD Tekken was the worst, sometimes I'd just yell as loud as I could at the TV when I wasn't controller-twisting. lol

Melodic
08-05-2010, 11:14 PM
i always skip the tutorial part.. i only use the tutorials if i really dont know what to do next.. or maybe im missing something.. haha

norid
08-06-2010, 12:32 AM
Skip.....only play if it's an rpg....other then that nope

Junky
08-22-2010, 09:41 AM
Yeah, i always do the tutorials.

But sometimes they don't explain enough.

D:

LemonRising
08-22-2010, 11:51 AM
I usually skip tutorials and buttonsmash a little to figure everything out.
If its a basic game that appears to have basic controls, its usually not that hard.
Though if its a type of game i've never played before, then yeah I'll give the tutorial a go.