PDA

View Full Version : Both Hobbit movies to have Peter Jackson as director

thedeparted
06-26-2010, 06:31 PM
You asked for it, you prayed at night, you got the studios to listen to you, and now your nerdy dreams have come true: Peter Jackson is in negotiation to direct both parts of The Hobbit.

The news comes from Deadline Hollywood, where they say bringing Jackson on as a director was the only way the two movies would be ready to start shooting by the end of the year. Presumably this will swiftly bring the film the greenlight that Jackson has repeatedly said it's missing, and the returning cast and new actors will fall in line as well.

Given that last we heard Brett Ratner was close to getting the job, this is fantastic news, the nerd equivalent of God himself coming to Earth and sorting out the mess we've made of things here. Jackson may have been anxious to move on to other projects or even give another director he respected the chance to play around in the world he built, but when Guillermo del Toro walked away at the end of last month, it was clear Jackson's return was the only way the two Hobbit films could avoid disaster. All the co-producing studios are anxious to start production and finally start making money on the property (particularly poor bankrupt MGM), and introducing a new director to start filming so soon might not have sunk the film, but it certainly wouldn't have helped.

Everyone take a moment and thank Peter Jackson for allowing you to go into your weekend in peace. If he manages to make these two movies any good, we'll forgive him The Lovely Bones as a bonus.

and nerds around everywhere party. and I still am indifferent rofl

Diligence109
06-26-2010, 08:27 PM
That's good... I was surprised when I heard that the hobbit had a chance of being directed by anyone else. I'm looking forward to seeing this :)

Muffincat
06-27-2010, 03:17 PM
YAYYY ;D

It would have been super awesome if Guillermo del Toro had been the director, but of course it will be amazing with Peter Jackson. So. I am excited for sure. Definitely will be watching this <3

First read The Hobbit at like 7 years old so it's one of those magical childhood memories that are just amazing <3

DirtyDMan
06-28-2010, 04:38 PM
Hobbit? whats that about?

Diligence109
07-03-2010, 08:26 AM
Hobbit? whats that about?

Wikimedia Error (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hobbit)

DirtyDMan
07-03-2010, 11:55 AM
OoOoO!!! I understand now.... Thx.....

LemonRising
07-03-2010, 08:22 PM
: DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I'm down.

Subb
07-03-2010, 08:44 PM
i know u are doin the pffffffffffffffffffffff