PDA

View Full Version : Twilight WTF?

Jokersvirus
06-30-2010, 05:04 AM
Can someone help explain why women are so crazy about this series?

Love movies make me fall asleep very quickly, as I was forced to see the first one I didnt like, but my girlfriend at the time did something for me for watching it.

So what makes this series so special, cause really its just a girl picking either necro or bestiality, either are a good one so its kinda fail.

Reason i ask this is because, my girlfriend dumped me for and i quote "You're not like My Edward."

and i have heard and read stories from my campus at school and on the interwebs about this.

It seems that the movie is outputting a high standard that women want to follow, that there is no prince charming, but a sparkling edwards waiting for them to make them immoral and be together forever.

Endgameko
06-30-2010, 05:31 AM
o_0.... Twilight sucks, the movies suck, the books are written by a 3 year old.... I don't get it either, And anybody who says, you aren't like my edward...pffft they should wake up to the real world.
And he has a strange shaped head....
You are better off without her and also, this set of trashy movies in no way raises a bar to meet, nah, it just lowers the film industries standard, to a gross pre-teen level.

Jokersvirus
06-30-2010, 05:33 AM
THANK YOU END /hug

thedeparted
06-30-2010, 05:44 AM
Yeah your ex gf is living some warped fantasy land pffft on her face

Jokersvirus
06-30-2010, 05:49 AM
its becoming a common sight. I can understand having standards but one of them being Edward takes it to far and proves that you are not willing accept people for who they are which in return makes you shallow and not worthy of most peoples time.

I tried to keep an open mind about Twilight, but the cult following that has since arose from this movie and book series is beyond belief.

and here is a little video I found that I think might help answer why girls are so crazy over edward...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4uuGvmAxTI&playnext_from=TL&videos=WkXNHbAZhBc

I can understand liking a movie series as I do with the Matrix, Batman, Harry potter, etc etc. But transforming your life around it is not reasonable, nor logical.

HamadaLFC8
06-30-2010, 05:53 AM
I always used to love Vampire movies cuz they freaked me out, now I just think they're gay -.-

Btw nice video ! :P

BocReaper
06-30-2010, 10:30 AM
Well you're better off without the crazy one. No really, if they like Twilight do not talk to them. Seriously, no idea why women like this series. Edward is an abusive stalker who threatens to kill Bella and suppresses her personality. The relationship displays all the signs of what should never happen. Bella herself is exactly Stephanie Myer in book form.
Srsly
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/51/Stephaniemeyer.jpg
It is nothing but a terrible fan fiction. Also there's that pedophilia bit with Jacob. The guy is going after a baby for the love of god. I could go on for hours about how Twilight sucks and the people that like it are shallow idiots who are utterly idiotic and worthless.

TL;DR: Twilight sucks, don't date Twitards

LemonRising
06-30-2010, 12:09 PM
edward is a creep and pedostalker.

as a female
i don't know why girls like that ****.
Its pathetic and creepy

Kenoi
06-30-2010, 02:45 PM
what? I dont get it that major fans around the theaters around are all having lines, I checked it out a bit, it was that... twilight movie....
a bunch of people were dressing up as them too. wolves & vampires & all that jazz.... extremists...

EpsilonX
06-30-2010, 03:34 PM
Because it's a story about forbidden romance or something, and girls go crazy for crap like that. Plus, apparantly the lead guys are hot or something? but i think robert pattinson looks like somebody hit him in the face with a brick and broke his nose, and idc about the other guy. The whole series is stupid. the only redeeming factors are the girls, bella and alice. but kristen stewart is only decent looking, it would take like 6 really hot girls wearing very little clothing to make me want to watch more twilight.

Jokersvirus
06-30-2010, 04:53 PM
Because it's a story about forbidden romance or something, and girls go crazy for crap like that. Plus, apparantly the lead guys are hot or something? but i think robert pattinson looks like somebody hit him in the face with a brick and broke his nose, and idc about the other guy. The whole series is stupid. the only redeeming factors are the girls, bella and alice. but kristen stewart is only decent looking, it would take like 6 really hot girls wearing very little clothing to make me want to watch more twilight.

this man speaks the truth!

Ya its forbidden love, having sex with a dead body or an animal is illegal in every state >.>

Muffincat
06-30-2010, 04:54 PM
Only seriously deranged people like this.

EpsilonX
06-30-2010, 06:27 PM
this man speaks the truth!

Ya its forbidden love, having sex with a dead body or an animal is illegal in every state >.>

i'm not even joking, the movie is literally about a girl who can't decide between necrophilia and bestiality (at least new moon and eclipse are)

Jokersvirus
06-30-2010, 06:31 PM
i'm not even joking, the movie is literally about a girl who can't decide between necrophilia and bestiality (at least new moon and eclipse are)

well she is already in trouble for picking a vampire or wolf, why not combine them and rack up some more charges lol

Iceskater101
06-30-2010, 11:23 PM
Ok
the books are actually good have any of you read them?
well twilight and the last book were bad but new moon and eclipse are good books.
They have an interesting concept. The reason why you guys don't like twilight is because of the popularity.
Honestly I read the books before they were popular and they were decent books. But they aren't good enough books I think to get this hype.
The reason people like Edward is because of how alluring he is, how Edward will always be there for Bella the whole romantic part is how he will protect her from other vampires for the rest of her life.
I think I am the only person on this forum that is actually going to see eclipse and has seen new moon and twilight already in theaters.
and i am not afraid to admit that even though I will receive much backlash.
That being said, just because I am going to see eclipse in theaters does not make me a creepy teenage girl who is uber obsessed with twilight because I am not.

on another note i am sorry you got dumped joker by some crazed edward fan.

thedeparted
06-30-2010, 11:31 PM
Ok
well twilight and the last book were bad but new moon and eclipse are good books.
They have an interesting concept. The reason why you guys don't like twilight is because of the popularity.
Honestly I read the books before they were popular and they were decent books. But they aren't good enough books I think to get this hype.
The reason people like Edward is because of how alluring he is, how Edward will always be there for Bella the whole romantic part is how he will protect her from other vampires for the rest of her life.
I think I am the only person on this forum that is actually going to see eclipse and has seen new moon and twilight already in theaters.
That being said, just because I am going to see eclipse in theaters does not make me a creepy teenage girl who is uber obsessed with twilight because I am not.

which you shouldn't, different strokes for different folks people remember that. I personally haven't seen any of the Twilight series, maybe never will. So maybe i'll like it if I ever give it a chance*shrugs*

Iceskater101
06-30-2010, 11:32 PM
I was only saying I would get backlash just because almost everyone here hates the whole series
but yeah.
for the record like I said before and I am repeating it again..
I am not like those obsessed teenagers who sit outside for hours to go see the midnight showing of twilight
I just like the books in general.

thedeparted
06-30-2010, 11:35 PM
I was only saying I would get backlash just because almost everyone here hates the whole series
but yeah.
for the record like I said before and I am repeating it again..
I am not like those obsessed teenagers who sit outside for hours to go see the midnight showing of twilight
I just like the books in general.

That's good, I can't believe there woman sitting out 2-3 days in advane just crazy talk

Subb
06-30-2010, 11:35 PM
I dont look down upon u iceskater for watching it like the million other teenagers do. But im sure u wont hold a twilight party either. You like the movie watch it he gives a **** what others think of u.

Jokersvirus
07-01-2010, 01:08 AM
Ok

Im not going to hate on you since you enjoy the series and you're not one of those crazy people who fap to it.

But how can everyone love edward, isnt the second one New Moon about how Edward leaves bella? and runs away cause of some issue?
I dont like the series is for the simple matter of its a love story, I will go see them on dates, I would watch them with my girlfriend, if i had one, lawls.

But I dont get enjoyment out of that, but my question ice and I believe you can answer this.

Why do women up their standards because of edward?
I can understand you want the qualities of edward, protector, lover, in touch with his feelings stuff like that but You want everything about edward in your boyfriend or what not that is just unreasonable.

Muffincat
07-01-2010, 10:12 AM
The issue I have is that the books promote these ideas of relying on men to protect and take care of you, and all these girls just fall all over into it. I have not read the books or seen the movies, and I refuse to contribute to giving any more money to this series, but my sister has and she felt the same way, and told me a lot about what went on within the books.

Is it hated because of its popularity? Only because it doesn't deserve to be so popular. Not to mention the "sparkling" vampires, which so many people wtf over.

But seriously. Women today lap up all this kind of stuff, and it really goes backwards from everything that women have worked so hard for -_- Plus, he's totally creepy in his "love" for her, and it's just utterly against the values I have.

edit: and, joker, as far as women who want Edward to be their boyfriend, I can't really say because I don't feel that way and don't know everything about the character to make a practical judgment, but there's nothing wrong with a girl having standards for the guys she dates. Basing it upon this guy isn't something I would recommend, per say, but maybe you should examine the qualities your girl wanted, and what you are lacking, and see if it is worth cultivating.

EpsilonX
07-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Ok

well, no. It gets hated on because it's a stupid concept. Edward is a stupid vampire that sparkles and tries to commit suicide. Vampires aren't supposed to do that. Vampires are monsters that kill, not guys that fall in love with young girls and stalk them and then go emo. Vampires started off as a creature of horror movies. How would you like it if a mummy unwrapped his bandages to tend to a girl that it fell in love with's wounds, and then tried protecting her? or if a zombie started fighting other zombies because they wanted to eat his human girlfriend's brains?

btw, i saw new moon in theater. mostly cuz we were bored and wanted to see if we could pick up any chicks (sadly, we didn't :-()

RaiDae
07-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Why do women up their standards because of edward?
I can understand you want the qualities of edward, protector, lover, in touch with his feelings stuff like that but You want everything about edward in your boyfriend or what not that is just unreasonable.

Because they are unable to differentiate between an illusionary fairy tale and real life. I'm gonna attempt to break it down for ya
1) Bella's life is so interesting, the guy who loves her has brought her an adventure.
2) A normal girl finds a bf who has the same qualities of edward.
3) Girl expects something huge. Some big adventure on which to embark
4) Girl is not excited by the prospect of a long-term loving relationship - she wants excitement and adventure
5) girl dumps boy in an attempt to find a guy who will bring her adventure.
And there you have it. If you want to keep your girl who is obsessed by twilight... try getting into a gang war and protecting her from harm? ...that could work.

I hope that advice works. I've never read one of the books or watched the movie, but the plot is so obvious I don't need to. The whole trilogy is what the author dreamed happened to her when she was younger. I would never watch or read anything wherein the main character is such an absaloute woss.

thedeparted
07-01-2010, 05:31 PM
And there you have it. If you want to keep your girl who is obsessed by twilight... try getting into a gang war and protecting her from harm? ...that could work.

:laugh: :laugh:...f0cking funny +rep

LemonRising
07-01-2010, 06:55 PM
I read the books.
Before it was all popular.
I HATED THEM.
I have a little OCD so when I start a book series, good or bad, I have to finish it.
TWLIGHT WAS AN EXCEPTION. I started the third book, and I gave it back to my friend. I just couldn't read it.

Edward is a creep, and apparently girls just want stalkers.
Though if they actually had someone like Edward they'd probably think they are creepy and weird and want them to go away.
Girls don't know what they want.

The whole series is pathetic, it's a story about what stephenie meyer (idk how to spell her name) dreamt about when she was 12 years old.

Also.
THEY SPARKLE
WHAT THE ****

Jokersvirus
07-01-2010, 06:55 PM
The issue I have is that the books promote these ideas of relying on men to protect and take care of you, and all these girls just fall all over into it. I have not read the books or seen the movies, and I refuse to contribute to giving any more money to this series, but my sister has and she felt the same way, and told me a lot about what went on within the books.

Is it hated because of its popularity? Only because it doesn't deserve to be so popular. Not to mention the "sparkling" vampires, which so many people wtf over.

But seriously. Women today lap up all this kind of stuff, and it really goes backwards from everything that women have worked so hard for -_- Plus, he's totally creepy in his "love" for her, and it's just utterly against the values I have.

edit: and, joker, as far as women who want Edward to be their boyfriend, I can't really say because I don't feel that way and don't know everything about the character to make a practical judgment, but there's nothing wrong with a girl having standards for the guys she dates. Basing it upon this guy isn't something I would recommend, per say, but maybe you should examine the qualities your girl wanted, and what you are lacking, and see if it is worth cultivating.

Someone said vampires are monsters not butt hurt vampires, Blade is a protector.

If they want the qualities of edward in their boyfriend be my guest, want a protector, a lover, a fighter, a person in touch with their feelings. Leave it at that, dont take qualities and start trying to mix it up trying to make it deeper than that.

What I mean is dont take to take every quality that character has and try to force apply it to your boyfriend, or possible new boyfriend or whatever the situation is, because that will cause conflict.

What i am trying to say is that women are going from accepting people for who they are too "OMFG YOU'RE NOT MY EDWARD YOUR NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME."

Yuuki
07-01-2010, 09:07 PM
I seriously have no idea..
I've read better Vampire books. :/
I mean, I used to like it.. I read the books before they got popular.
I liked it up until little 10 years read it and were like "OmgOmgOmg Edward Cullen is so hot!"
I am like LOL Do You Even Know What Hot Means?!
Being a former fan and reading the books, the books are way better than the movies.

Jokersvirus
07-01-2010, 09:19 PM
I seriously have no idea..
I've read better Vampire books. :/
I mean, I used to like it.. I read the books before they got popular.
I liked it up until little 10 years read it and were like "OmgOmgOmg Edward Cullen is so hot!"
I am like LOL Do You Even Know What Hot Means?!
Being a former fan and reading the books, the books are way better than the movies.

http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad326/EchelonEcho/Demot/129146964607983724.jpg

Iceskater101
07-01-2010, 10:46 PM
By the way I saw Eclipse and it is my favorite movie of the three that were put out just saying if anyone else on the forum is going to see I say go and see this one

but back on topic I do agree how they portray Edward and how he "sparkles" is kinda ridiculous. Vampires are supposed to die when they see the sun not sparkle!!!! But that makes vampires more how should I put this kid friendly?
The reason why this is series is so popular is because of the teenage girls thinking that oh I want a boyfriend just like Edward but the thing is the guys they meet aren't going to be like Edward. For the record I don't think Edward is that good looking at least not in the movies.

Jokersvirus
07-01-2010, 10:59 PM
Well it doesnt help that Bella is an empty shell that any girl can put themselves in her shoes. So by doing that they can get the thought of "hey im just like her so this could mean I will find my edward."

Which is fail and any girl who thinks that should be smacked into reality, and ive noticed women who are crazy about twilight are more shallow than those women who are not.

Iceskater101
07-01-2010, 11:02 PM
Yeah I get what you mean though.
but these teenage girls who are obsessed with twilight and edward,
will hit the real world and see that no guy can really be just like edward
I think thats the worst part about the book series becoming this famous

Jokersvirus
07-01-2010, 11:04 PM
Like I said my ex is obsessed with it, she has asked me time and time again if I like twilight and I said I dont enjoy watching butt hurt vampires act like wussies. So that starts a fight and ends with "dont get mad i dumped you for edward."

I dont mind it got famous, Harry Potter got famous but I dont see any girls or guys running around saying I want Harry, ron or whats that chicks name.

because they gave the people personalities, they didnt give bella anything but im alone in this world and i love you over 2 days of knowing you.

Yuuki
07-02-2010, 12:56 PM
http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad326/EchelonEcho/Demot/129146964607983724.jpg

That's what recycling bins are for.

Jokersvirus
07-02-2010, 12:59 PM
The paper is still soiled by the bad story thought.

Yuuki
07-02-2010, 01:00 PM
I thought it was good at the time. :P
So it wasn't entirely wasted!

Jokersvirus
07-02-2010, 01:06 PM
I wouldnt use those books as toilet paper.