PDA

View Full Version : Paris did it again...

Jokersvirus
07-04-2010, 07:31 AM
Hilton and a friend were accused of possessing a marijuana joint at the Brazil v the Netherlands quarter-final in the southern city of Port Elizabeth.

A local radio station in Johannesburg said Hilton was detained outside the Nelson Mandela Bay stadium. A police officer was quoted as saying "only the top cops" were dealing with the case.

Hilton appeared in one of South Africa's dedicated World Cup courts early this morning, Australian time, as "Accused No. 1" in the case, but appeared relaxed throughout the brief hearing.

"The charges against you, Accused No. 1, are dropped," Magistrate Xolile Dlulisa said.

"Thank you, your honour," Hilton replied and left the court, after the three-minute hearing. Her friend, 31-year-old Jennifer Rovero, was found guilty of possession of marijuana and ordered to either spend 30 days in jail or pay a 1000 rand ($150) fine. She paid the fine.

Hilton's publicist released a statement saying the incident was a misunderstanding.

"Paris Hilton was questioned by police in South Africa on allegations of smoking marijuana. However I can confirm that the incident was a complete misunderstanding and it was actually another person in the group who did it," her publicist said.

The duo's lawyer, Terry Price, said the charges were dropped against Hilton, 29, because Rovero was actually holding the joint when they were arrested.

Hilton later wrote on Twitter: "Hey guys, there's a lot of crazy rumours going around. Just want you all to know the truth. Everything is completely fine. I was not charged or arrested, cause I didn't do anything."

She said she was helping police with their investigation.

"Everyone was super nice and friendly to me," Hilton wrote. "I love South Africa! Such an amazing place, especially during The World Cup! Hope that clears everything up."

She arrived at the courthouse about 30 minutes after being arrested and charged and appeared relaxed, smiling at court officials with her blonde hair pulled into two ponytails. he socialite was wearing an off-white sleeveless blouse in court and she had heavy black eyeliner.

While she waited for the hearing, people with FIFA badges were seen bringing her seven pizzas, 12 cold drinks and six waters in an antechamber.

The magistrate, who was sweating and wiping his head during the hearing, seemed almost apologetic in handing down his verdict.

"It's very difficult for a human being to decide the fate of another human being. There's no magic formula," he said.

"It's unfortunate that while you're a visitor to this country you find yourself on the wrong side of the law."

Hilton pleaded no contest in 2007 to alcohol-related reckless driving and was sentenced to 45 days in jail.

After spending about 23 days in jail, Hilton said in a television interview that the experience caused her to re-evaluate the role partying played in her life.

She said she wanted "to help raise money for kids and for breast cancer and multiple sclerosis".

A darling of the tabloids, Hilton, the great-granddaughter of the Hilton hotel chain's founder, first shot to fame in 2003 when her boyfriend leaked a video of their sexual escapades on the internet.

I remember when she had to spend.. 20 days in jail and she cried her head off lol

And she goes to the world cup smoking pot and gets in trouble again, this is funny

Drug possession charge against Paris Hilton dropped after World Cup bust | Herald Sun (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/world-cup-2010/paris-hilton-in-world-cup-pot-arrest/story-fn5epklx-1225887398590)

Subb
07-04-2010, 08:46 AM
Lmao she sure did cry its so lame how easy celebs can get outta trouble

Jokersvirus
07-04-2010, 08:47 AM
I should become a judge, some famous person comes into my court, I throw the book at them and lawl.

Subb
07-04-2010, 09:05 AM
dude tbh, some of them need the book thrown at them, they think wut they do isnt a big deal and that they can just pay a little fine so then they never change.

Jokersvirus
07-04-2010, 02:51 PM
Ya, 99% of them are good people its just the 1% that are complete morons and are idiots and believe the law doesnt apply to them cause their mommies and daddies have money

Subb
07-04-2010, 02:52 PM
very true indeed

Jokersvirus
07-04-2010, 02:54 PM
So throwing the book at them and beating them with it till the magical force known as common sense happens isnt a bad idea.

Subb
07-04-2010, 02:56 PM
yeah but they always end up letting them out super early neway. Oh we will throw em in a cell for an hour thn send them home

Jokersvirus
07-04-2010, 03:01 PM
Ya i started a war a year ago in my pysch class we were discussing this and somoen said "well they are famous they should get off eariler"

I came back with "Oh ya they should get off early, even when they murder your entire family have sex with them and make you watch every second of it?"

end of story i got in trouble with the professor and the kid ran out crying.

the point is people think since they are famous its ok if we are nicer because they provide us entertainment.

Subb
07-04-2010, 03:05 PM
not me its there job just like im an electrician. They should get the same treatment as anyone else

Dess
07-04-2010, 03:35 PM
they let her go.I think they charged someone in her party tho.

Jokersvirus
07-04-2010, 03:52 PM
Ya they charged her friend and she got 20 days in jail i think something stupid i didnt read the entire article

EpsilonX
07-05-2010, 01:37 AM
omfg, big deal. who honestly cares?

Jokersvirus
07-05-2010, 01:54 AM
I do cause im tired of famous a holes getting off whe nthey commit crimes. She needs to get the crap kicked out of her.

EpsilonX
07-05-2010, 11:14 AM
according to this, she didn't do anything. her friend had some weed, and she got in trouble. but why is she even famous? she did nothing does nothing i don't see why anything she does is important enough to be considered news

Subb
07-05-2010, 11:43 AM
shes a socialite and has a very Rich family. Thats enough these days

Jokersvirus
07-05-2010, 06:31 PM
Having weed is illegal and she is "famous" for her tape she made. Its annoying to me that these idiots can get off all the time and get whatever they want.

If that was me or you we would get in deep trouble, like her friend, but paris got off.

So what makes them so special to get off extremely light while everyone else would face some jail/prison time?

LemonRising
07-05-2010, 08:09 PM
Who hasn't been caught with pot before? >:U

Though smart move on her side, letting the friend take the blame, she probably told her friend that she'd pay the fine. haw.

Jokersvirus
07-05-2010, 08:23 PM
I havent been caught with pot

All the idiot rich people who do stupid crap should be thrown in jail for 6 months and see if that will change their behavior.

Iceskater101
07-05-2010, 10:38 PM
lol I do wish Paris would have gotten put in jail longer
without her mom bailing her out
but whatever.
From the looks of the story though the weed didn't belong to Paris
but then again she could have given it to the friend and shift the blame from herself on to the friend.

LemonRising
07-06-2010, 11:22 AM
You know, its kind of.. hard to be caught with it.
In Canada at least. idk bought SA