PDA

View Full Version : New Internet browser

Jokersvirus
07-06-2010, 02:03 AM
Ive been using Google Chorme for a while and im looking to try something new. I've used IE and FireFox, is there anything that I should take a look at?

Shixx
07-06-2010, 04:19 AM
Opera and Safari are really the only other 2 Worth mentioning

Jokersvirus
07-06-2010, 04:33 AM
Boo, ok i will check em out

LiNuX
07-06-2010, 09:41 AM
I'll second Opera and Safari.

You could also look for the netscape browser...I used to use it back when I had dial up, it was good back then, haven't used it in years.

thedeparted
07-09-2010, 11:32 AM
not to hijack, but aside from the top 5 browser, is there really anything beyond that

Jokersvirus
07-09-2010, 06:17 PM
I'll make my own browser with hookers and blackjack, ahh screw the whole thing >.>

If you dont get the reference, i do not know what to tell you

Subb
07-10-2010, 01:03 AM
dooo itttt ill be on there all the time lol

WolfCreative
07-10-2010, 09:48 AM
Best 4 ever is google chrome ^^

hadingrh
08-06-2010, 11:49 PM
Best 4 ever is google chrome ^^

agree ... cann't leave this browser now.
before chrome, i used FF... but somehow FF cause my memory chocked..
chrome is the lightest and will be the best browser in he future

BocReaper
08-06-2010, 11:59 PM
Firefox 4 beta 2. Looks like Chrome, runs faster. Better privacy. Still in beta though so it may be strange at times.

Jaykub
08-07-2010, 12:15 AM
Here are a few,

Some may be Linux only.

Firefox: Best browser on the net.
Seamonkey: Tried it its very stable.
Arora: Its very basic and works wonders I use it on my pc.
Conkeror: I use it on my pc and its a very above average browser but nothing special..
Flock: I used to use this and it is a very very good browser I suggest it.
Swiftfox: Its a more basic and faster version of firefox.

Dess
08-07-2010, 06:22 AM
Chrome. I used to be a firefox person but I switched...

Safari is ok. I have it on my iPhone and iPad.

Muffincat
08-07-2010, 09:47 AM
Firefox D:

Everyone tells me "omg chrome takes up so much less memory omg chrome is amazing" and IT IS A LIEEEEEE D: It takes up so much... ;_;

and um firefox has a fox

LiNuX
08-07-2010, 09:52 AM
Firefox D:

Everyone tells me "omg chrome takes up so much less memory omg chrome is amazing" and IT IS A LIEEEEEE D: It takes up so much... ;_;

and um firefox has a fox

You're may be bugged.

on my desktop, I use firefox fully. But my lenovo laptop doesn't have as much memory and when I'm on it, I'm usually doing some work and chrome helps with the memory consumption. Same on my desktop, doesn't use as much.

You have to look at how much memory usage is increased per tab you open. But I have tried it and I've seen a difference in memory usage.

I also found safari to use less memory than FF. And I think it has something to do with FF3 because when I was on FF2, the memory usage was far less and I'd say, even better than chrome.

Diligence109
08-07-2010, 10:00 AM

I started to make this post so I could be like "urdoinitrong" cause I remember putting their memory usages right up next to each other and saving about 20~30% in Chrome...

Looks like the newest version of Firefox was slimmed down and now it runs (with all the exact same windows open) with approx. 30~50% less memory usage on my machine.

I'm so disillusioned o.o

I still prefer the neater interface of Chrome and the extra screen real estate is gives... still get much faster load times in Chrome, too. Not switching over, but I am aware that I'm clogging my memory now... dang...

and um firefox has a fox

This is a compelling argument to which I have no rebuttal.

Muffincat
08-07-2010, 10:05 AM
can ur chrome do this

Personas for Firefox | Gallery (https://www.getpersonas.com/en-US/gallery/Foxkeh)

XD

:P

Melodic
08-07-2010, 10:14 AM
can ur chrome do this

Personas for Firefox | Gallery (https://www.getpersonas.com/en-US/gallery/Foxkeh)

XD

:P

actually muffin, yeah.. google have skins too... and extensions (equates to add ons of firefox).. well i love google chrome.. its alot faster than FF..:-).. i tried opera, pretty neat browser too, but not that good..

Muffincat
08-07-2010, 12:23 PM
I meant specifically the adorable fox p:

Rachel
08-08-2010, 08:58 PM
netscape
Netscape is dead. about 1% of internet users use it.

Jokersvirus
08-08-2010, 09:02 PM
netscape is as dead as AOL...

Rachel
08-08-2010, 09:04 PM
pretty sure netscape TURNED INTO AOL.

Jokersvirus
08-08-2010, 09:25 PM
I hate AOL, it prevented me from seeing what i really wanted to see on the internet for so many years...

Stupid AOL, it was a good concept but they just executed it wrong.

LiNuX
08-08-2010, 10:30 PM
pretty sure netscape TURNED INTO AOL.

Yeah, I think AOL bought netscape a few years ago.

Dial up days...memories.

Jokersvirus
08-08-2010, 10:32 PM
Back in the day you were king of awesome if you had anything above 56k dial up.

God im old...

ghegpatatas
08-10-2010, 10:19 AM
i've been thinking about switching to chrome but I am so used to firefox..lol..

is there anything that firefox can do that chrome cant? if not then i'll go with chrome..:)

BocReaper
08-10-2010, 10:21 AM
gehg, try the new FireFox 4 beta 2. It looks similar to chrome now. It also runs 10% according to the techies. Otherwise, the biggest difference is the add ons. FireFox tends to support a lot more of those than Chrome. Of course Chrome was faster before, but this new version changes that until Chrome gets a new version.

hadingrh
08-10-2010, 12:04 PM
i've been thinking about switching to chrome but I am so used to firefox..lol..

is there anything that firefox can do that chrome cant? if not then i'll go with chrome..:)
yea ... ^_^
chrome doesnt need to restart after add a/some addons, firefox does... doesnt it?hehe
and I think chrome use less memory, imo..

Jokersvirus
08-10-2010, 12:10 PM
Chrome took up about 250k of memory and this firefox beta takes up about 100, but i do have many tabs open at once.

Jokersvirus
08-11-2010, 10:28 AM
Opera sucks. I used it for about 20 minutes and i hated it.

Jokersvirus
08-11-2010, 10:40 AM
It doesnt fit my needs so its a pos. Firefox does everything I ask.

Dess
08-11-2010, 10:53 AM
Post had no value.. . is probably why you got a warning.

I actually like Chrome, but with the new Firefox coming out that takes less to run than Chrome I may check it out.

LiNuX
08-11-2010, 10:53 AM
I got warned for that? Bullcrap, that doesn't raise my post count I was actually answering his question.

How does Opera not suit your needs? It's got the speed dail! THE SPEED DAIL! You can't beat the speed dial.

But posting the 3 words a 100 times doesn't add any value to the thread.

And even though Opera is good, it doesn't compare to FF or Chrome. I use it as an alternative, and it's still behind Safari.

Jokersvirus
08-11-2010, 10:57 AM
I actually thought Safari was a good browser but i was wrong, it crashed so much and omg. I actually liked it but it just locked up so much without warning.

LiNuX
08-11-2010, 10:58 AM
I actually thought Safari was a good browser but i was wrong, it crashed so much and omg. I actually liked it but it just locked up so much without warning.

Never had that issue. I used it for years. I actually have it open now working on something. 3 Tabs open on it. Also have FF on with 5 tabs.

LiNuX
08-11-2010, 11:06 AM
I'm 91 actually.

And chrome uses far less CPU than FF3. I haven't compared it to Opera yet but I do find chrome to be faster than Opera.

Jokersvirus
08-11-2010, 11:14 AM
Im 23 according to the year of my birth.

It doesnt matter what browser is used if it does what the user wants.

Rachel
08-11-2010, 01:18 PM
Ooooh, sorry. I was only 31,536,000 seconds off.

Whats FF? Fire Fox? I hate FireFox. It started freaking out and telling me a bunch of Javascripts were invalid or something. So I uninstalled it.

You seem to hate everything that everyone else likes, I'm sorry lol.
You can pretty much configure Firefox to do anything you want with the about:config page.

I actually used this BlackHat browser called Bruno or something for awhile, it was incredibly fast and took up little memory.

Subb
08-11-2010, 02:20 PM
I don't hate everything. I just simply do not love anything. I'm very pessimistic. But see, I have a theory. If you don't love anything, there's nothing to break your heart. No love, no hate, just contempt.

i use to be the exact same way and recently started noticing its really not a way to live and im slowly changing and letting certain ppl in my life get close to me. But i use both FF and chrome just which i decide to click on

SniperKingCK9999
08-23-2010, 02:15 PM
FireFox FTW :D