PDA

View Full Version : Help Me HDMI problem

Ilyich Valken
07-20-2010, 10:27 AM
I keep trying to plug my Vizio and my laptop up using an HDMI cable, and it works for varying times, depending on what I do, but eventually it always ends up doing this:

http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae106/IlyichValken/37372aa2.jpg

Any ideas as to what could be causing this, or how to stop it from happening? I've already switched the resolutions around, tried changing the refresh rate, etc.

Diligence109
07-20-2010, 10:42 AM
Try unhooking everything from the back of the TV except the HDMI. Try plugging all power sources directly into the wall instead of into a power strip...

these are the only things I could dig up online - stories that report it's likely an interference issue and removing other things connected might help you narrow down what's making the problem.

Gilgamesh
07-26-2010, 09:07 PM
Did Diligences' idea work? You didn't mention changing cables... Maybe try a VGA cable instead if that output/input is also available.

Samus-Fan
07-26-2010, 09:13 PM
Might need a new cable. I'd say it was the handshake that got messed up, but if it does it every time it is most likely the cable.

Ilyich Valken
07-27-2010, 09:33 AM
I did try changing cables, I used a friends and it did the same thing. I'm thinking it may be the HDMI port on my computer, unfortunately. The VGA does work, but I like to play music/sound through my TV, which is why I wanted to use HDMI.

Diligence109
07-27-2010, 08:55 PM
The VGA does work, but I like to play music/sound through my TV, which is why I wanted to use HDMI.

Use RCA Line-in? (The white and red cables)

Ilyich Valken
07-27-2010, 09:34 PM
Use RCA Line-in? (The white and red cables)

That would work, I suppose, but I like the output that the HDMI gives much better. I guess it's just me being picky, but.. -shrug.-

Waffles
07-31-2010, 09:03 PM
you said it works for varying times? maybe its something that your doing on your laptop that causes the problem.

Ilyich Valken
07-31-2010, 09:20 PM
you said it works for varying times? maybe its something that your doing on your laptop that causes the problem.

You would think, but I've tested it and let it just sit after starting the HDMI hook-up, and it still does it.