PDA

View Full Version : Sea Sherpherds are terrorist

Jokersvirus
07-24-2010, 02:40 AM
I dont remember if i created this thread or not but can someone explain to me how the Sea Shepherds are not being charged with terrorism, im using a general term because I dont know what the correct one would be.

They are attacking Japanese scientist because they are killing whales.

So wtf? How are they getting away with this and its a TV show, they are clearly using tactics to get what they want done and everything.

Total crap if you ask me

DirtyDMan
07-24-2010, 10:40 AM
Isnt hunting whales illegal? I think thats why they can do what they do....

Jokersvirus
07-24-2010, 10:45 AM
If im not mistaken, according to the show they said hunting whales is illegal if they are killed for anything else then scientific reasons. They have no proof they are doing anything illegal and they are attacking them. that is terrorism. damn special interest groups.

DirtyDMan
07-24-2010, 10:55 AM
If their just studying the whales then I dont see why theyre attacking them but if their killing them then I can understand...

I dont know much about this group so I cant say what theyre doing is right or wrong.. Yet just b/c your a scientist doesnt give you the right to kill I dont think.. Only James Bond can kill whales and get away with it...

thedeparted
07-24-2010, 11:10 AM
In japan it isn't...they eat whale at school ffs

Jokersvirus
07-24-2010, 11:24 AM
So they are killing them for tissue samples, unless they can produce physical evidence that points to them doing something they shouldnt, who are they to attack.

But all they say is "they say they are collecting for science but we know better." They said that during the first season somewhere. its total crap.

It goes along the lines of a scientist in.. Texas, or Cali who studied the effects of smoking on monkies and her house got flooded with water and this group failed firebombed her house.

Muffincat
07-24-2010, 11:32 AM
Wikimedia Error (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_Shepherd_Conservation_Society)

Sea Shepherd has based many of its operations out of Australia with foreign crew members being able to travel in and out of the country on tourist visas.[36] Tasmanian Greens and the Greens Senator Bob Brown, have endorsed and supported the Society in various ways, including advocacy within the Australian government and public endorsement of the group.[37] When the Steve Irwin returned to Hobart in February 2009, Australian Federal Police seized film footage and the ship's logs, reportedly prompted by complaints from Japan.[38][39] Brown demanded that the Australian Prime Minister, Kevin Rudd, order their immediate return, but a spokesman for the Home Affairs Minister said it was a federal police matter.[40]

In October, The Australian Immigration Department ruled that Watson and his First Officer, Peter Hammarstedt, must satisfy new good-character requirements to obtain business visas, requiring them to provide police references from the governments of the United States, Canada and Norway. Watson criticized what he considered a submission to Japanese pressure by the Rudd government.[36] The Australian government responded by rejecting the idea that it was in some way delaying Watson, and on October 20, 2009 issued visas to Watson and Hammarstedt.[41]

The ships of the fleet have flown the flags of different nations and the opinion of several governments that the vessels are engaged in inappropriate activities has several times led to registration issues for Sea Shepherd vessels.[42][43] Canada, Belize and Togo have revoked the registrations of various vessels and the Netherlands have in the past considered revoking the registration of ships registered under their flag as well.

*shrug*

Never seen the show.

Jokersvirus
07-24-2010, 11:52 AM
Woot some justice.

Dont watch it, its stupid, people are putting their lives on the line for something they have no proof of and dont get paid for it. Do what you want with your life but make sure you have your facts straight.

RaiDae
07-24-2010, 11:52 AM
So they are killing them for tissue samples, unless they can produce physical evidence that points to them doing something they shouldnt, who are they to attack.

But all they say is "they say they are collecting for science but we know better." They said that during the first season somewhere. its total crap.

Yeah, some of the whales may be used for scientific purposes, but it's more than likely it's a cover-up. Whale meat is popular over there and the quota for comercial whaling is too small for their liking. I'm not saying the anti-whaling group are right in what they're doing. And there's no solid evidence that the "scientific research" is a cover up (they would cover their tracks etc).

But... Well, ...yeah.

Jokersvirus
07-24-2010, 11:54 AM
Im the guy who is like if you want to attack someone or "save the whales" show me something that proves they are in the wrong, dont just go "I have a feeling" and crap.