PDA

View Full Version : Stereo Selection - FINAL 3

Samus-Fan
07-27-2010, 09:34 PM
Yea, it's been months, but I have finally narrowed it down to 3.

Door 1:
Jensen VM9214

-7" Touch screen display
-$300 at where I'd get it

Pros:
:: It seems really cool. I used the touch screen, it's responsive, no problems. Buttons are very clear, nothing confusing it seems. It's the most expensive, but is it worth it for the 7" touch screen?

Cons:
:: I cannot find a single review of it online. This worries me because I can't see what other people have problems with. Will the screen malfunction when its sliding out? Does it have crappy bluetooth? I won't know until I buy it.

Door 2:
Alpine CDE-103BT

-$230 where I'd get it
-My favorite brand

Pros:
::It's Alpine. 'Nuff said. My favorite brand, and what seems to be one of the best sound quality people. It's the middle in the cost race, and nothing seems too special. Out of 5 reviews, 3 were 5 star, one war 3 star, and one was 1 star.

Cons:
::The one star review stated that you needed to buy a cable to work with iPods because it doesn't read them right. The others didn't say anything, but if I do need the cable, it's 20 bucks itself. Big deal? No. But I don't want to have to bother with another cable.

Door 3:
JVC KD-R610

-$140 where I'd get it
-Cheapest for basically the same.

Pros:
:: JVC has always seemed like a cheap but study brand. I don't have much experience with it, but what I have had has been good. It's the cheapest, so I would save almost 100 bucks for something else, say speakers. It has 3 4 star reviews, and that was it. Best? No. Good? It would seem.

Cons:
:: JVC has also seemed like mediocre sound to me. Maybe not to everyone, but it was just like that to me. Everything seems fine about it. Music from the iPod can only be controlled by the headunit, but I doubt that is a huge deal.

-------------

And those are my 3. Opinions?
All 3 have USB on the outside, which was my main want.
Expensive Huge Touch Screen?
Middle-Priced Reliable Quality?
Cheap solution?

Diligence109
07-28-2010, 10:27 PM
based on what you've posted here I'd say just go with the JVC - while I haven't done any research and may be completely wrong in saying this - I don't think you'll really suffer any audio fidelity with the way the converters in that system are going to really compare to the other expensive ones you have listed here.

I vote save the money :)

Subb
07-28-2010, 11:00 PM
TBH, id go with none of them. JVC is crap and Jensen i dont even wanna go there. But if u gunna go with 1 of the three pick the alpine. Id rather have quality and good sound that will last.

Samus-Fan
07-28-2010, 11:06 PM
TBH, id go with none of them. JVC is crap and Jensen i dont even wanna go there. But if u gunna go with 1 of the three pick the alpine. Id rather have quality and good sound that will last.

Well, unless you wanna offer up another stereo, go ahead. But I'd also not have to deal with ordering online, these 3 were at my local store.

Subb
07-29-2010, 01:23 AM
Well when it comes to my head units i kinda always went top of the line. But the alpine for wut u are looking for isnt to bad. Or look into some clarion head units those are really nice too. I went with cheaper units and they break easier then u gotta buy another one and it adds up. So i bought a real nice and it travels from car to car that i own. But jensen of all things stay the hell away lol. Thats walmart brand **** right there

Samus-Fan
07-29-2010, 03:42 PM
Well when it comes to my head units i kinda always went top of the line. But the alpine for wut u are looking for isnt to bad. Or look into some clarion head units those are really nice too. I went with cheaper units and they break easier then u gotta buy another one and it adds up. So i bought a real nice and it travels from car to car that i own. But jensen of all things stay the hell away lol. Thats walmart brand **** right there

Lol alright, I was unsure about the Jensen, I've never heard of it.
I was leaning towards the Alpine, but I think that'll be my final decision.

The top of the line makes sense, so I'll go with that. I'll look at Alpines, maybe get the new Pandora one, who knows.
But thanks for the help!

Subb
07-29-2010, 03:53 PM
Not a problem, Jvc is the the bargain brand there stuff looks nice but its not as good of a quality. Going with an alpine is a much better choice. Believe it or not pannasonic makes a really good head unit too