PDA

View Full Version : Is indiana going to hell in a hand basket?

Jokersvirus
07-30-2010, 06:17 PM
Seems like I cant go a day without hearing about someone complaining about something, a shootout, hit and ride, 3 year old killing his sister, the list goes on. Feels like this state has just gone bad overnight with no reason.

And for once i didnt do anything to cause it , go figure.

Jaykub
07-30-2010, 06:19 PM
Same way here in north carolina

Dess
07-30-2010, 06:20 PM
Same in TN

norid
07-30-2010, 06:23 PM
California has been like that forever....it's sad we are just used to it all. Even those souless news reports.

Muffincat
07-30-2010, 06:27 PM
Northern California isn't D:

Well, the places I lived didn't have that much crime oO. Except for weed-related incidents, but, well.

It seems to be okay here, too.

I dunno, though. The whole world's going down.

LiNuX
07-30-2010, 06:28 PM
It's not just indiana, cali, or NC, it's mankind.

Jokersvirus
07-30-2010, 06:28 PM
Havent heard anything about the oil spill its been chase this, kid shot that. parents arrested for enough drugs to stone a rhino etc etc so annoying what happened to the news being happy

norid
07-30-2010, 06:31 PM

i'm from the valley and there''s alot of stuff that happens....also we from the valley hate those from north cali. sorry muffin but we're enemy's......jk.

Jaykub
07-30-2010, 06:34 PM

Very true linux and its only getting worse.

Dess
07-30-2010, 07:55 PM

Indeed. I'm with you and Jake...

It's not just particular areas... it's all of mankind... and it is getting worse...

Jokersvirus
07-30-2010, 08:03 PM
Its not mankind as a whole. Just those who are down on their luck, think being a criminal is cool or is a life long criminal etc etc

Dess
07-30-2010, 08:38 PM
we weren't just talking about criminals Joker.

Mankind has gone retarded. No one cares about anyone else other than themselves anymore. People hate for no reason other than to just hate. People kill in the name of religion... when the people they're killing believe in the same god they do. People kill just for the sake of killing... and it isn't just hardened criminals.

People steal, lie, cheat, and kill just for the sake of getting ahead. People hate other for differences that they have no control over. They belittle others just to make themselves feel better, and hate people just because they are different.

So yes... it is mankind as a whole. The entire race is flawed.

Muffincat
07-30-2010, 08:44 PM
Well, though, Damage, I do have to say that I don't necessarily think that stuff has gotten any worse than it has always been @_@ I mean. That is all true. Just saying it's been going on for ceeenturiesssssssss.

People. Meh.

Dess
07-30-2010, 08:45 PM
Well, though, Damage, I do have to say that I don't necessarily think that stuff has gotten any worse than it has always been @_@ I mean. That is all true. Just saying it's been going on for ceeenturiesssssssss.

People. Meh.

True... but to say it's criminals and no mankind.... well... isn't right.

The beauty of life is, while we cannot undo what is done,
we can see it, understand it, learn from it and change.
So that every new moment is spent not in regret, guilt, fear or anger,
but in wisdom, understanding and love.

Muffincat
07-30-2010, 08:46 PM
Oh no I 100% agree with that, for sure.

Jokersvirus
08-01-2010, 09:04 AM
we weren't just talking about criminals Joker.

Mankind has gone retarded. No one cares about anyone else other than themselves anymore. People hate for no reason other than to just hate. People kill in the name of religion... when the people they're killing believe in the same god they do. People kill just for the sake of killing... and it isn't just hardened criminals.

People steal, lie, cheat, and kill just for the sake of getting ahead. People hate other for differences that they have no control over. They belittle others just to make themselves feel better, and hate people just because they are different.

So yes... it is mankind as a whole. The entire race is flawed.

There are people who care, You knew this was coming, First responders, firefighters, EMS, CERT, law enforcement etc etc. Yes, some of them forget the reason why they pick that profession but the good still out weight the bad. Funny thing about hate is most of the time is embedded into the kid by a parent who hates someone and over time the kid picks up on this, like I have from my dad, but I dont blame him for it.

Only people ive seen kill in the name of religion are the extremist Muslims, the crusades, there is most likely more but that is all i can remember at the moment.

Ya, people lie, cheat,steal but in the end they will get whats coming and they will screw up their life and i will lawl at them.

also your statement about mankind is flaw is true because no one is perfect so we are all flawed but yet thats what makes us unique :).

thedeparted
08-01-2010, 07:57 PM
Seems like I cant go a day without hearing about someone complaining about something, a shootout, hit and ride, 3 year old killing his sister, the list goes on. Feels like this state has just gone bad overnight with no reason.

And for once i didnt do anything to cause it , go figure.

not state exclusive, worldwide problem.

Yuuki
08-01-2010, 10:32 PM
I haven't heard much in Ohio.
o:
Or maybe I should just watch the local news more.
x.x
That might change it.

Subb
08-01-2010, 11:19 PM
yuuki wuts with cleveland its like a ghost town, half the shops are shut down n ****

Rachel
08-02-2010, 04:15 PM
WHERE ARE YOU IN NORTHERN CALIFORNIA.
And yeah. We had like...3 shootings like a month ago up here in my town.
First time..EVER.

Muffincat
08-02-2010, 06:56 PM
WHAT YOU ARE FROM NORTHERN CALIFORNIA?!!??!?!?!?! OH MY GOD REALLY?!?!?!

I just moved to Vermont D:

BUT OH MY GOD

WHERE ARE YOU FROM - OH MY GOD I AM SO HAPPY - EVERYONE HERE IS FROM THE EAST COAST

I lived in Ukiah and then in Santa Cruz (obviously more crime in Santa Cruz but I don't feel like it was obscenely more crime-ridden in the time I was there)

Rachel
08-02-2010, 07:06 PM
Redding California D: AW. VERMONT? DANG.
I'm like an hour and a half away from Ukiah.

Muffincat
08-02-2010, 07:40 PM
OH MY GOD WE COULD HAVE BEEN AWESOME CALIFORNIA FRIENDS D:

That's sooooo sad. The whole time on the forum I was like "I wish there was someone from Northern California here" and then of course you show up like literally a month after I move across the country D:

LAME.

anyway whatever off-topic, but I don't care D:

Also I actually recently saw a document (from like the government website) with numbers that say that crimes are actually decreasing in the U.S. compared to like 10-20 years ago. I didn't save the webpage though...

thedeparted
08-02-2010, 10:14 PM
Yeah i've seen similar reports, just like crime amongst teens dropping despite what Jack Thomson and other anti-video game people would like you to believe

RaiDae
08-03-2010, 10:11 AM
EVERYONE HERE IS FROM THE EAST COAST

Obviously, i either don't matter or i'm too special to be encorporated into "everyone". :P

Anywho, yeah... in a nutshell - Humans suck. I feel like a lot of people have forgotten what "empathy" is. I don't watch the news and I even stopped reading the newspaper - it's just so depressing, I can't bring myself to read some of the twisted things that happen here.

....here's an idea. What if we invented a neuro-device which could plug into someone's brain and make them feel the physcological and physical pain they inflicted on someone... Then maybe nobody would do something evil..... ..... .... ..... hey, i said it was an idea. Didn't say it was extremely realistic.

Jokersvirus
08-03-2010, 10:19 AM
Ehh, could implanet it into inmates who did some sick twisted crap to their victims, or go with what they did on star Trek: Voyager, made the accused replay the crime from the victim's point of view every 6 hours or so.

BUT the court would most likely deem it cruel and usually punishment and thus a no no

RaiDae
08-03-2010, 10:23 AM
Ehh, could implanet it into inmates who did some sick twisted crap to their victims, or go with what they did on star Trek: Voyager, made the accused replay the crime from the victim's point of view every 6 hours or so.

BUT the court would most likely deem it cruel and usually punishment and thus a no no

....well, they shouldn't have committed the twisted crime in the first place... DUH. They shouldn't deal out what they can't take themselves. But yeah, it's unlikely to happen.

Jokersvirus
08-03-2010, 10:25 AM
This will sound extremely hypocritical, but if we lower ourselves to there level and torture them like they did to their victim then justice has no meaning and the law has no purpose.

Dess
08-03-2010, 10:30 AM
This will sound extremely hypocritical, but if we lower ourselves to there level and torture them like they did to their victim then justice has no meaning and the law has no purpose.

Hypocritical maybe... but still a very good point. By lowering ourselves to that level we turn ourselves into the criminals, sociopaths, and psychopaths we're trying to defend against. Not to mention... if we were able to do those things...People with criminal urges could just become corrections officers and get their jollies off legally.

RaiDae
08-03-2010, 10:54 AM
Hypocritical maybe... but still a very good point. By lowering ourselves to that level we turn ourselves into the criminals, sociopaths, and psychopaths we're trying to defend against. Not to mention... if we were able to do those things...People with criminal urges could just become corrections officers and get their jollies off legally.

It's unfair. If we do anything serious to try punish people who have done wrong, we become just as evil as them. But if we don't - and we hope that they will change their ways whilst in jail - pretty much nothing is going to change. And yeah... I think you get my jiist... We're screwed no matter what we do. XD

Jokersvirus
08-03-2010, 10:58 AM
Not much we can do. We do what is allowed within the confines of the law. We do execute those who deserve to burn in hell, beyond that people have to go to jail/prison.

And just trust me the really sick crimes against children or women they pay dearly for it in there. I could tell you a story or two of what happened but I wont.