PDA

View Full Version : What grade are you in? And what do you want to become?

Rachel
08-02-2010, 10:13 PM
Hey there. Just curious what grade everyone is in (:
Freshmeat in college here! Shasta Community College.
Hoping to transfer to Stanford after two years.

I want to be a Physicist. [=

What about you guys?
-Designed to get us to know each other better-

Subb
08-02-2010, 10:17 PM
well ive been dont with school, im an electrician.....is it my dream job nope. I always wanted to be a turtle trainer.

Rachel
08-02-2010, 10:18 PM
well ive been dont with school, im an electrician.....is it my dream job nope. I always wanted to be a turtle trainer.
A turtle trainer? O_O Explain..

Subb
08-02-2010, 10:20 PM
well basically u can train them like a dog, to play fetch n stuff or to roll over. It just takes a little more...shall we say time?

LiNuX
08-02-2010, 10:22 PM
The 16th Grade? Sounds about right.

And I wanna be Batman!

But realistically....a Lawyer

Rachel
08-02-2010, 10:26 PM
well basically u can train them like a dog, to play fetch n stuff or to roll over. It just takes a little more...shall we say time?
That's really cool..I have never heard of turtle trainers. I'd assume theres not too high of a demand for turtle trainers though, in this economy.

The 16th Grade? Sounds about right.

And I wanna be Batman!

But realistically....a Lawyer

I used to want to be a lawyer, till I found out that Law school is like death...

Subb
08-02-2010, 10:29 PM
more popular down on the islands

Jaykub
08-02-2010, 10:30 PM
11th grade.

I plan to become what ever I can :P

BocReaper
08-02-2010, 10:45 PM
Eh 14? Sophomore in college. Going to be a psychologist. Hopefully. If not, military officer.

Muffincat
08-02-2010, 11:06 PM
I am on a hiatus from school currently... but pausing at the uhm... 15th grade, I guess. :P

And I have no idea what I want to be.

A writer, a hairstylist, an artist, a pony. A million things.

However, I will likely spend the rest of my life doing boring clerical work.

Diligence109
08-02-2010, 11:18 PM
took a semester off so I've got 1.5 years of college to go... but technicalities aside, I'm starting my Senior year of college for my Music Major with a Sound Recording degree

lots of dreams and aspirations... some greater than others...

A game designer, propagator of an Indie game company, a video game music composer, a music composer for other various media (commercials, film, etc), a solo musician, a recording engineer, a live sound technician... I already am a Rainbow Pony ;)

I'll likely live one or many of these dreams, at least as hobbies/side projects if not careers if my life is to follow any of the trends it has already... I've got a lot of faith

thedeparted
08-03-2010, 04:27 AM
I am on a hiatus from school currently... but pausing at the uhm... 15th grade, I guess. :P

And I have no idea what I want to be.

A writer, a hairstylist, an artist, a pony. A million things.

However, I will likely spend the rest of my life doing boring clerical work.

http://captionsearch.com/pix/thumb/vpxe3o7tjl-t.jpg

Charlotte
08-03-2010, 05:23 AM
me form 4?

Jokersvirus
08-03-2010, 07:11 AM
Junior in college
Im going to be a state trooper than going to try for something federal, Secret service is where I want to end up

RaiDae
08-03-2010, 09:44 AM
I dunno what grade i'm in... But i'm a fresher at university - aka, going into first year. Going to study Biomedical Engineering and -if all goes well- get a masters degree, then a doctorate and then get a job as a lecturer and eventually get the title of professor. XD Plan, or what?
I also want to study in Japan for my third year. XD

Dess
08-03-2010, 01:40 PM
Sophomore in College. So... 14th grade??? ish??? lol

I just wanna be a mommy when I grow up... but... I gotta make monies so I'm getting a Business Management with a dual concentration in Human Resources and Accounting. :p

I'll prolly get my Master's in HR.

norid
08-03-2010, 07:13 PM
woot senoir....in high school :(. i want to be a oceanographer...take pics of sharks...

EpsilonX
08-03-2010, 07:31 PM
i've completed 2 years of college, but idk...it seems like it went by too fast and i should still be a freshmen. Time is slipping by.

not sure what i wanna be.

Ilyich Valken
08-03-2010, 07:32 PM
a pony
Never gonna happen.

Heading into Freshman year at JCC (Jamestown Community College) to get my gen. ed. stuff out of the way and hopefully get a basis, then HOPEFULLY (key word, thur.) transfering to Rochester Institute and majoring in Game Design (Going to try for both sides, both art/3d modeling, etc and programming. Although the programmings gonna be kinda yucky).

Muffincat
08-03-2010, 08:15 PM
Never gonna happen.

HOW DO YOU KNOW?

Also, I forgot, I also want to be a librarian. XD

EpsilonX
08-03-2010, 08:29 PM
lol muffin that just managed to cheer me up.

Iceskater101
08-03-2010, 10:42 PM
wellll
I am still in high school going to be a junior this year and I either want to be a detective or a forensic investigator so I would go to the crime scene and get DNA and stuff
so yeah that sounds awesome!

Jokersvirus
08-03-2010, 10:52 PM
Actually that is fun stuff I did some of that back during my law enforcement years in college.

All the fun stuff, comparing bullets, using math to figure out crap to stuff I should remember.

>.> I hope your forensic college major is better than mine. math, math, and more math.

But it is fun. I still remember the how to figure out what type of blood is found at the crime scene :P

Iceskater101
08-04-2010, 06:20 AM
I know that sounds like an awesome job !
and I want to go to the crime scene and check it out
and in my senior year of high school I am going to take the forensics class as my science class :)

Jokersvirus
08-04-2010, 08:26 AM
Awesome have fun with that :)

Samus-Fan
08-04-2010, 11:48 AM
Eh 14? Sophomore in college. Going to be a psychologist. Hopefully. If not, military officer.

Lol, so is my sister!
About to go to Grad school for it too.

I'm in 10th grade, I really wanna be a major in Architect and a minor in Interior design.
Kinda like...Be able to design every single aspect of a house.
Next summer I'm gonna go and do a "internship" I guess you could call it with my dads friend who in a construction worker, and kinda be an architects assistant, so that'll show me if that's really what I wanna do when I grow up.

Subb
08-04-2010, 01:35 PM
if thats the case samus u can hire me to do the build :)

Dess
08-04-2010, 03:18 PM

And me to do your flooring :p

Diligence109
08-14-2010, 02:22 AM

And me to do your flooring :p

and my brother to do EVERYTHING else! He's worked construction, too (like Subb,) and he's like an ox when you put him to work. Except a lot faster. Also a lot more attractive. Also actually a human.

I really want to be involved in the local community where ever I end up going, wether that means volunteer work, civic employment, or working for small businesses... after my experiences working in the rather close community of downtown Ithaca I just don't think I can give up being involved with the greater community.

I'm not sure how that aspiration will fit into my greater career dreams but I'll work it out when I get there...

Dess
08-14-2010, 08:01 AM
and my brother to do EVERYTHING else! He's worked construction, too (like Subb,) and he's like an ox when you put him to work. Except a lot faster. Also a lot more attractive. Also actually a human.

I really want to be involved in the local community where ever I end up going, wether that means volunteer work, civic employment, or working for small businesses... after my experiences working in the rather close community of downtown Ithaca I just don't think I can give up being involved with the greater community.

I'm not sure how that aspiration will fit into my greater career dreams but I'll work it out when I get there...

I can confirm his brother's hottness. I have pictures and video to prove it. :P

And Dili... Working in the community is something I think everyone should strive for... Volunteering is an amazing feeling. Good for you :P If you're interested next summer... I go to Honduras every summer for medical mission trips. :)

ghegpatatas
08-14-2010, 09:14 AM
1 more semester and i'll be graduating college. yeah..i just want to earn plenty of money to satisfy my gaming needs. :) lol

BobTD
08-16-2010, 12:38 AM
in sixth grade I wanted to be a lesbian or professional gamer, or both.

Not much has changed.

Yuuki
08-16-2010, 02:21 AM
I'm gonna be in 10th grade. I was held back.
Shoot me in my metaphorical balls. >.<
But Ima do Summer school and stuff to catch up.
I wanna be a photographer.:] <3
I should upload some of my stuff.

HamadaLFC8
08-16-2010, 12:09 PM
high School graduate/ Freshman in Uni (taking a semester off so I guess i'm somewhere in between :P haha

I'm majoring in Pre-Law :D and hopefully after that LAw >: D I'm gonna put you all in JAIL MUAHAHAH

Iceskater101
08-16-2010, 08:37 PM
I'm gonna be in 10th grade. I was held back.
Shoot me in my metaphorical balls. >.<
But Ima do Summer school and stuff to catch up.
I wanna be a photographer.:] <3
I should upload some of my stuff.

oh being a photographer would be awesome
what kind of photographer do you want to be?

Kenoi
08-17-2010, 08:42 AM
um... 14th grade? yeah... i think....

striving to be a network engineer.
i'll probably spend the rest of my life in a small room with switches, lan cables, desktop, servers, & the like....

I dont know, i might switch my major to something IN DEMAND. cause around here, no one's hiring for a job like mine. its just one of a kind! haha.

LiNuX
08-17-2010, 04:29 PM
I dont know, i might switch my major to something IN DEMAND. cause around here, no one's hiring for a job like mine. its just one of a kind! haha.

It's just the recession.

Oh man, a network engineer... That sounds like the life. [/sarcasm]

I couldn't handle the alone-ness. If I'm gonna suffer in front of a Monitor, so are 10-50 other people.

Going into that stuff can get you a lot of money in the long run. Not sure how much loneliness* there will be.

Kenoi
08-18-2010, 07:23 AM
Oh man, a network engineer... That sounds like the life. [/sarcasm]

I couldn't handle the alone-ness. If I'm gonna suffer in front of a Monitor, so are 10-50 other people.

hahaha! well, I guess you could say I like to work alone rather than groups. I suppose a cubicle doesn't fit you huh? haha. messin.

& linux, you have a point there, I think its cause of the recession.... its just... not in demand right now.