PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo wii Worth it or not

nimb686
08-05-2010, 11:33 PM
Hi, first of all, sry for my bad english

I have two questions...

I wanna buy a Nintendo wii
But i don't know too much of Nintendo world, i want to know if nintendo wii is a good option, i mean, don't wanna buy a wii today and then they relase a new console tomorrow...so i just wanna kno if nintendo don't plan to relase anything new on next year or so?

and my second question is...if i buy a nintendo wii, do i need to have all the controls? or i can play all games with the normal control....i mean don't want to play sports game, i'm talking about zelda, mario RE this kind of stuff...do i need a specil control or with the normal one i can play all of these kind of games?

Ty all for further answers
and again...Sry for my bad english....Thx

BobTD
08-05-2010, 11:39 PM
The wii has several good games. ANd I doubt they will release another console soon, but no one can be sure about that. I think its a system worth getting now rather then waiting for the next one that may not support the good games you want to play (twilight princess, metriod trilogy, Monster hunter3 ect.).

For the controller issue, the system comes with a wiimote and nunchuck. Perfectly fine for most games (like zelda), The classic controller is something you should get to play a lot of games including the classic games you can download from the wii shop channel. (and its best for monster hunter to)

Gamecube controllers work as well and I think you might want them to play gamecube games if you plan to take advantage of the wii's reverse compatibility. They are pretty cheap just look for one used.

ghegpatatas
08-05-2010, 11:44 PM
If you're quite a fan of mario and other nintendo exclusive..sure its worth it.

nimb686
08-06-2010, 12:20 AM
The wii has several good games. ANd I doubt they will release another console soon, but no one can be sure about that. I think its a system worth getting now rather then waiting for the next one that may not support the good games you want to play (twilight princess, metriod trilogy, Monster hunter3 ect.).

For the controller issue, the system comes with a wiimote and nunchuck. Perfectly fine for most games (like zelda), The classic controller is something you should get to play a lot of games including the classic games you can download from the wii shop channel. (and its best for monster hunter to)

Gamecube controllers work as well and I think you might want them to play gamecube games if you plan to take advantage of the wii's reverse compatibility. They are pretty cheap just look for one used.

Ty very much for the inf.

and if it's not too much, can u tell how this "wii's reverse compatibility" works? my friend told me that i need to "hack" a wii to play game cube's game

Subb
08-06-2010, 02:40 AM
haha well Nimb u can download the games from the wii shop or wutever u wanna call it. But wut ur friend is talkin about is a bit bit. Which i cant really talk to you about here do to the rules and such but i know a bit about it so to speak.

However the wii is not in HD and there is talk that in 2011 Nintendo is releasing an HD verson. But if u get a wii definitly get a game cude contoller cause man sometimes that motion **** can be a pain in the ass.

nimb686
08-06-2010, 07:37 AM
However the wii is not in HD and there is talk that in 2011 Nintendo is releasing an HD verson.

but, this HD version, is like the ps3 3d, i mean 3d is better than hd but i wanna kno if, nintendo will relase only hd games, and this hd games will not run on the old no hd version of wii.... or the hd games will run on old nintendo just not support hd feature?

Subb
08-06-2010, 11:17 AM
OK, well i mean im sure the old version will run the HD games just fine. I mean i can play my games on the xbox in non HD if i want to by switching the cables or adjusting the settings, So i dont really see that being an issue.

Muffincat
08-06-2010, 11:55 AM
Ty very much for the inf.

and if it's not too much, can u tell how this "wii's reverse compatibility" works? my friend told me that i need to "hack" a wii to play game cube's game

I'm pretty sure you don't need to do any hacking to play a game cube game O_o

BobTD
08-06-2010, 11:59 AM
yeah no hacking or mod'n of the Wii is required to play gamecube games, I was just playing windwaker today and its perfectly fine.

As for the HD thing, you can currently get higher grade audio video cables for a lot of systems, my guess is that you could do the same thing for the wii, because I have seen people play Monster Hunter3 in HD.

As far as I know the new HD feature for the wii will just tweak a few hardware parameters and include HD in the standard model.

EpsilonX
08-06-2010, 12:43 PM
Wii consoles come with gamecube memory slots and controller spots. It's B/C right out of the box.

i'd say the Wii is worth it, but if you have a HDTV you NEED the component cables