PDA

View Full Version : help about GIF image.

ghegpatatas
08-06-2010, 10:28 AM
Can you help me remove the white background and make it transparent?

I would like to place it in a flash file but i cant remove the white background.

http://www.crossed-flag-pins.com/genimg/flaggen/Philippines-240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

help would be appreciated so much. thank you!

Muffincat
08-06-2010, 11:50 AM
This is just too annoying to do quickly. :/ I would help you, but it's frustrating with you not having the actual original image with the flag separate from the background, and blah blah it causes the white part of the flag to be transparent and I *could* probably fix it for you, but it would just take a lot of time and I'm really sorry, but you might just have to be on your own. I really don't want to go frame-by-frame and fix this. Perhaps someone with more knowledge knows something I don't, but...

I suggest making your background white, or finding a different animation @_@

LiNuX
08-06-2010, 01:40 PM
Agreed with muffin. If the image was static then rendering would have been easy but to fully remove the background, you're gonna have to tackle each frame individually and by the end of it, you probably won't have an animated GIF anyway.

hadingrh
08-06-2010, 11:42 PM
i believe you have to first extract the gif, frame by frame, use gif extractor. and then use photoshop to remove the white from background. the rest is adobe flash job

jassinlive
08-08-2010, 04:17 AM
maybe try photoshop?

ghegpatatas
08-08-2010, 02:42 PM
hey guys..tnx for the replies..I just used another one..it's really hard work to edit this one frame by frame..140 frames is alot!