PDA

View Full Version : MGS: Rising won't see many returning characters

DirtyDMan
08-10-2010, 04:48 PM
http://media.psu.com/media/articles/large_mgs_rising_thumb_2.jpg

Metal Gear Solid: Rising producer Shigenobu Matsuyama has confirmed that fans shouldn’t expect to see too many familiar faces pop up in the ‘Lightning Bolt Action’ gore fest.

Chatting with the folks at gamesTM, Matsuyama revealed that the decision came down to the fact the team want MGS newcomers to hop in to the driving seat without worrying about acquainting themselves with the series’ extensive background.

“To answer you question about returning characters, we’re probably not going to show too many characters in Rising because, since it’s a new part of a series, we don’t really want to refer to and dwell upon the Metal Gear sago so much,” he said.

“We want newcomers to the game to come in and play freely without needing to know and understand the background of the whole Metal Gear Solid universe.”

Rising takes place between MGS2 and MGS4, with players hopping in to the shoes of the floppy-haired Ninja-esque Raiden. A release date for the project has yet to be announced.

MGS: Rising won't see many returning characters -- PlayStation Universe (http://www.psu.com/news/9531)

I dont have a problem with this since its a story about Raiden and not Snake..

Some people dont like this but I think a game like this (a spin off of MGS) should have new characters and its own story that they can build on...

What you guys think?...

norid
08-10-2010, 06:06 PM
I agree. Although a camio would be cool. Rising should keep it fresh by introducing new characters since the game play style with be different. Also what kinda of bosses do ya think they will add?

DirtyDMan
08-10-2010, 06:38 PM
Also what kinda of bosses do ya think they will add?

IDK... I hope they make the boss fights like Snake Eater boss fights... Those were the best in my opinion....

I'm sure youll have to fight another ninja like yourself.... Yet im excited to see what that do and when I find out I'll post it on here for you guys....

EpsilonX
08-10-2010, 07:51 PM
I see this as a good thing, because I hated how MGS4 was mostly already established characters. I wouldn't mind Vamp being in it though.

norid
08-10-2010, 08:35 PM
Bring back grey fox!!!!!!!!!!!

Junky
08-22-2010, 09:46 AM
There's always been a Johnny in every game, i'm expecting to see one in rising.