PDA

View Full Version : time to get an iPhone...

Diligence109
08-11-2010, 09:40 AM
my roommate sent me this earlier today:

http://cdn.okcimg.com/blog/camera/SexAndSmartPhones.png

Dess
08-11-2010, 10:31 AM
LIES!!!!! ALLL LIES!!!!!

I have iPhone.. it has not helped the sex life.... :P

EpsilonX
08-11-2010, 10:49 AM
buy an iphone for all girls you like? k.

BocReaper
08-11-2010, 10:52 AM
iPhones are expensive. I will obtain the same effect in ah...different ways.

EpsilonX
08-11-2010, 11:40 AM
Ysee, i don't have that skillz.

glenofimaal
08-11-2010, 11:42 AM
What is this i dont even no ;)

thedeparted
08-11-2010, 11:46 AM
LIES!!!!! ALLL LIES!!!!!

I have iPhone.. it has not helped the sex life.... :P

thats cause you keep turning me down :/

Muffincat
08-11-2010, 11:48 AM
Soooooo women with iphones are.....

um...

promiscuous?

*does not get iphone, for fear of suddenly being sexually assaulted*

BocReaper
08-11-2010, 11:52 AM
Haha Muffin, that's an average. So some are below it. It seems that they usually have at least 12 different partners at age 30 though. I suggest you get a brick/reg flip phone then. I can tell you mine has never worked as an aphrodisiac.

Muffincat
08-11-2010, 11:56 AM
I know, Boc :P But a ~12 person average seems pretty darn high. o_O

Anyone want to bother looking up the statistics for average number of sexual partners just in general? I can't imagine it is close to that high. But I guess there are a lot of people sleeping around. Anyway, curious.

and I do have a lovely, hideous flip phone ;P (I refuse to buy anything but flip phones because I just like them and refuse to change)

BocReaper
08-11-2010, 12:05 PM
Muffin found solid numbers. Based on a report from the Kinsey Institute (Just assuming/not checking credentials), for 30-44 women the average is 4 partners, assuming they aren't lying. The social desirability bias means they probably reported less than what they really did. Other, unofficial sources using volunteer selection, report at least 20 by age 25.

thedeparted
08-11-2010, 12:12 PM
I know, Boc :P But a ~12 person average seems pretty darn high. o_O

Anyone want to bother looking up the statistics for average number of sexual partners just in general? I can't imagine it is close to that high. But I guess there are a lot of people sleeping around. Anyway, curious.

and I do have a lovely, hideous flip phone ;P (I refuse to buy anything but flip phones because I just like them and refuse to change)

Depends on how you look at it, you start at 15 and by the time you reach 30 you only, thats less than 1 new per years. Depends on how big a conservative you are I suppose

Muffincat
08-11-2010, 12:16 PM
That's true, but it just seems like most people, at least, the people I know (who aren't necessarily conservative), have a lot less than 12 at age 30 o.o

But times are changing and people are getting more open about talking about these sorts of things so *shrug*

I guess it just depends on how long your relationships are. (Though other factors come in, i.e. drunken one-night-stands or cheating, blah blah)

thedeparted
08-11-2010, 12:16 PM
Muffin found solid numbers. Based on a report from the Kinsey Institute (Just assuming/not checking credentials), for 30-44 women the average is 4 partners, assuming they aren't lying.

I call bs, thats far too small

That's true, but it just seems like most people, at least, the people I know (who aren't necessarily conservative), have a lot less than 12 at age 30 o.o

But times are changing and people are getting more open about talking about these sorts of things so *shrug*

I guess it just depends on how long your relationships are. (Though other factors come in, i.e. drunken one-night-stands or cheating, blah blah)

very. i got nothing to back it up but it seems relationship length are on the decline, one night stands in general and cheating are on the rise

Another thought to skew the figure one way or the other if the woman has been in a relationship throughout most of her 17-23 age. It seems to me in my limited data scope that woman for the most tend to go through a lot of sexual partners in this age when single. If they were a loyal gf for most or all of that age group that obviously skew there age 30 number. thoughts on my thought?

BocReaper
08-11-2010, 12:34 PM
That makes sense. I know at college the single girls in that age range are always out having partners. So it could result in less if she is a loyal girlfriend at the time. Unless of course she aims to make up for it. It does have merit though.

Dess
08-12-2010, 06:31 AM
Most of the people I know had 5 or 6 by the time they graduated highschool....

and then.... they went to college.... sooooo I'm calling BS

Diligence109
08-12-2010, 08:47 AM
Another thought to skew the figure one way or the other if the woman has been in a relationship throughout most of her 17-23 age. It seems to me in my limited data scope that woman for the most tend to go through a lot of sexual partners in this age when single. If they were a loyal gf for most or all of that age group that obviously skew there age 30 number. thoughts on my thought?

People definitely score most their points during those exploratory later high school/college years, imo. I've never owned a smartphone of any sort AND I was in a 3 year relationship with my high school sweetie that carried through two years of college, a 3 month relationship with a terribly conservative Christian that was a terrible rebound idea (no sex), a 6 month relationship, and now Muffin.

While I'd expect that data to put me somewhere considerably below the average sexual partners of our promiscuous smartphone wielding comrades, somehow I've managed a formidable 5 by age 20... so I'm at least well on my way to challenging Android users with my cheesy little slide phone. (AndByThatIMeanILoveYouForeverMuffinAndWillNeverHa veAnyMoreSexualPartnersInMyLifeEverOfCourse)

Muffincat
08-12-2010, 08:49 AM
Dili, your phone will never get you any chicks. I have no worries.

thedeparted
08-12-2010, 09:21 AM
HAWHAW

lolz last 2 comments

EpsilonX
08-12-2010, 10:27 AM
I know some people who are like 15 and have slep with like 5 or 6 people

BocReaper
08-12-2010, 10:34 AM
I know a few that are lower than the 5 or so, a few that match the five and one above. By above that I mean uh...at least 100 by age 18.

Muffincat
08-12-2010, 11:04 AM
I knew some girls who were way over 12 partners just in junior high... but they had serious issues. Not really the kind of girls you want a relationship with... just an easy lay.

The normal, somewhat sane girls I know, are all under 5 at around age 21ish. (Like, 1, 2, or 3 partners, usually). Most of the girls I know believe in steady, long, stable relationships and in not sleeping around (like myself).

And the guys I know are at about the same numbers or less.

Muffincat
08-12-2010, 11:20 AM
Also

iPhone Owners Have the Most Sex Partners [STUDY] (http://mashable.com/2010/08/10/iphone-sex-okcupid/)

This is apparently what it is from for anyone curious

I don't think this is exactly credible *cough* :P

and it is impossible to get accurate numbers because people lie about this stuff all the time o.o

Iceskater101
08-12-2010, 08:07 PM
haha this is funny
lol I was considering getting an iPhone
lol

Subb
08-12-2010, 08:11 PM
hmm i might get one as well, maybe it will increase my chances of getting some action. lol