PDA

View Full Version : Most Overrated Games this Gen?

EpsilonX
08-11-2010, 11:43 AM
So, what games this generation do you think are extremely overrated?

I'm gonna have to go with the Modern Warfare games, as well as Halo 3 and Fable 2, even though fable 2 isn't really well-regarded its still overrated

glenofimaal
08-11-2010, 11:45 AM
Definitely all the cod games

BocReaper
08-11-2010, 11:50 AM
I can agree with with Fable 2, it was fun but there was a bit of a let down in the story. Halo is just overblown. It's fun, I enjoy it playing it, but it was nowhere near as impacting as the first one. I do agree with the CoD bit for live. In LAN it's great, online not so much.
I know a few other games I think were over hyped, but they never got huge amounts. Like Star Trek Legacy (what happened between preview and release?), Brothers in Arms Hells Highway (that really let me down compared to the first two), and Halo Wars (while good it missed a ton of potential via console only).

ghegpatatas
08-11-2010, 12:43 PM
HALO. yeahh..

Rachel
08-11-2010, 01:21 PM
Lol I believe the over-rated thing is just bull crickets if you ask me.

Different people love different games. There is a reason the COD games and Halo games sold so well. They're fun to play online. [Not the only reason, but a freakin huge one]

I love every game if it's good.. xD

thedeparted
08-11-2010, 01:25 PM
I can't speak for MW2, but MW campaign rockorz. MP now thats a different story people jizzed for MW MP i found it bleh

Subb
08-11-2010, 02:24 PM
I agree with Rachel here i mean all these ppl buy halo and COD because they are awesome and a blast to play. But everyone has there own types of games they like to play but the majority of gamers who like shooter love COD and Halo and theres nothing wrong with that

glenofimaal
08-11-2010, 05:03 PM
I actually like mario ;)

Kenoi
08-11-2010, 07:55 PM
grand theft auto 4, fable 2, red dead redemption -- (its fun to play, its just that everyone has it? I dont know)

EpsilonX
08-11-2010, 09:17 PM
well people go crazy over modern warfare, i mean its sorta the same as other shooters, u just run around shooting each other. I played the multiplayer and it just made me angry. and the single player i hear is only like 4 hours long. and they're like the top selling games this gen. i'd call that overrated.

btw rachel i can't see ur font worth crap

norid
08-11-2010, 09:28 PM
@ silent was that a reference to pest?
I think street fighter is over rated