PDA

View Full Version : Mass Effect 2

thedeparted
08-18-2010, 10:53 PM
It’s official, BioWare’s Mass Effect 2 will be coming to the PlayStation 3 in January 2011. This via an announcement teaser trailer that debuted during the EA Press Conference at GC 2010 in Germany. The teaser, which you can see right here, doesn’t give away anything in terms of enhancements or PS3-specific content, but we’ll expect to hear more pertaining to PlayStation 3 version soon.

Of course, one would now assume that the highly-anticipated Mass Effect 3 will now be a simultaneous multi-platform release, but we’ll just have to wait to get official word on that. Also, those hoping for the original Mass Effect to surface on Sony’s console should remember that it was published by Microsoft exclusively on the PC and 360.

That’s all for now, but feel free to comment on this exciting development in the comments section below.

Bring 1 as well or leave keep 2 away scum

Shixx
08-18-2010, 11:07 PM
Ha, take that Microsoft you evil Pay everyone a ton of money to get Timed Exclusives ass company.

EpsilonX
08-19-2010, 12:04 AM
Mass Effect 2 for PS3 announced - Gamers Forum (http://www.gamers-forum.com/showthread.php?t=16041&highlight=mass+effect)

You're a bit late.

thedeparted
08-19-2010, 01:09 AM
In my defense:

It's in the wrong section
+
I'm usually the only person that posts news

BobTD
08-19-2010, 02:19 AM
Touche'

But yeah I don't see how anyone could fully enjoy the greatness of the Mass Effect universe without first playing the original.

How can you appreciate the significance of your characters role and why he is held in such esteem without knowing his past exploits?

If anything this is going to sell a few PC copies or 360's, since anyone who really appreciates the setting of the game is going to need to play the first one like a crack whore needs sweet, sweet nose powder.

ViciousGamer04
09-30-2010, 12:50 AM
This game is not really a TRUE RPG.. but yeah, that's getting a bit off-topic.

I am not really "anticipating" it..., there are much better games out there then this. it's kind of overrated.

Kuwabara5678
09-30-2010, 04:32 PM
I agree with most everyone else.

Playing ME2 without playing ME is like playing MGS4 without playing the older ones.
It's a dumb move in my opinion.
But there's a long time until January... It might get released cheap.
At least I hope... Or I will not be purchasing it. :/

jango
09-30-2010, 04:34 PM
Playing ME2 without playing ME is like playing MGS4 without playing the older ones.
It's a dumb move in my opinion./

Dunno if I'd go along with that .. I only played ME1 a little tbh (can't remember what distracted me at the time from playing it more), but I enjoyed ME2 .. although for me at least its replay-value diminished rapidly.

Kuwabara5678
09-30-2010, 04:41 PM
Well every 360 owner I've ever known has told me it's a waste of time to play ME2 without ever playing ME.

With the game so heavily dependent on your ME save file.
But I dunno for sure, you may be right Jango. xD

BobTD
10-04-2010, 02:35 AM
This game is not really a TRUE RPG.. but yeah, that's getting a bit off-topic.

I am not really "anticipating" it..., there are much better games out there then this. it's kind of overrated.

Gasp.

You are looking at it from a RPG gamers perspective. Or maybe you aren't big into sci-fi. But there is nothing overrated about the series. I just downloaded the latest DLC and it blew my mind. It was far better then any DLC I have ever played for any other 360 game. (shadow broker)

This series is refined and polished and all about the setting and the characters. And the artistic value! If the direction of the DLC is any indicator the final chapter will blow the first two games out of the water.

I cant even begin to explain...

But your right about it not being a traditional RPG, thought "true" is a debatable term, its certainly a role playing game. I would think more its an action RPG that isnt based on stat building, so much as developing a character based on in game choices, witch is groundbreaking in my opinion.

Raoul
11-08-2010, 03:24 AM
Mass Effect 2 is really an awesome game to play and the detail in this game is also very beautiful. I enjoy finding new upgrades and exploring in this game so that I can get all the items that is just laying around. The new feature in this game is that while you are taking damage your health would regenerate by itself while not taking damage which is actually great and now your weapons use ammunition.