PDA

View Full Version : Hot Diggity Damage.....

Dess
08-23-2010, 07:16 PM
SCHWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!

Videogame retailer GameStop has now begun selling digital content in more than 4,000 of its stores. This program was originally tested in roughly 35 stores last May before going live nationwide this week.

The DLC centers allow GameStop customers to purchase full digital games, add-on content, and other items such as maps and levels. Customers can also buy content using trade-in credit. The first full digital game available in all U.S. stores is the Xbox Live Summer of Arcade title Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light.

"The beauty of our DLC Centers is in the convenience and options it offers our customers when they are looking to purchase add-on packs or full-length DLC content of top-selling titles for console games or popular Xbox Live games," said GameStop President Tony Bartel in a statement.

"Customers pay only for the specific content they want, such as $14.99 for the Lara Croft game, rather than buying bulk points they don't immediately need and will subsequently have to manage. Also, customers can pay for DLC with any form of payment we accept, including cash, credit or even trade credits."

GameStop says customers who purchase digital content will be given a code printed on their receipt along with instructions on how to download the content to their consoles. The GameStop deal currently only includes Microsoft Xbox Live content, but the company said on its earnings call this week it plans to add PlayStation content later this quarter. The company did not mention plans to add Nintendo content.

thedeparted
08-23-2010, 07:19 PM
it's gamestop though so f them -_-. Someone needs to challenge GS, i'm sick of GS

Dess
08-23-2010, 07:20 PM
it's gamestop though so f them -_-. Someone needs to challenge GS, i'm sick of GS

HAI!!!! Watch your face!!! GS helps pay my bills. =P

thedeparted
08-23-2010, 07:24 PM
hey i dun care if T has job there. place is rape city usa. monopoly's are never good for consumer, competition is positive for consumers

Dess
08-23-2010, 07:26 PM
hey i dun care if T has job there. place is rape city usa. monopoly's are never good for consumer, competition is positive for consumers

Walmart, Bestbuy, and a TON of other places sell games and consoles.

Not to mention... It was only a matter of time. Look how popular Steam is..

LemonRising
08-23-2010, 07:26 PM
I still like hard copies though D:
Digital can be useful but fffffffffff

thedeparted
08-23-2010, 07:30 PM
Yeah digital screwed me out of 150 bucks of PSN stuff -_-

Kenoi
08-23-2010, 09:27 PM
say huh now? its all about the DLC now.... sheesh.
I'm with lemon on this, I still prefer hard copied discs.

thedeparted
08-23-2010, 09:39 PM
say huh now? its all about the DLC now.... sheesh.
I'm with lemon on this, I still prefer hard copied discs.

The ps3 got broke, and between then and the new ps3 they got i had moved out. They instead of asking me for the accounts created a new account , i come back remember one of them try and it turns out that the games weren't on it to re-dl, so somewhere there is an account with like 150 bucks of PSN stuff on it lol

Shixx
08-23-2010, 09:55 PM
I am a Fan of the fact I don't have to buy 400 more points every time I buy something off Live.

thedeparted
08-23-2010, 10:07 PM
Walmart, Bestbuy, and a TON of other places sell games and consoles.

Not to mention... It was only a matter of time. Look how popular Steam is..

I'm talking the used game market.

Diligence109
08-24-2010, 12:12 AM
I'm talking the used game market.

true... can't think of a chain to combat on that note. In all the towns I've lived in there's been a local store that does used/trade-ins... but the one that was here in Ithaca folded in the face of the GameStop down the street. The couple I know in Syracuse are still going strong, though.

Wanna find a town with room for the market and open a local video game store together and devise some unique, original plan to make our store go national? With our powers combined, we'd be two lazy bastards that would get nothing done. It should be great.

thedeparted
08-24-2010, 09:43 AM
We'd have to have your future wife slap us upside the head to do positive productive thigns

rainbowxpanda
08-24-2010, 10:01 AM
digital? :[ i like hard copies

and the last time i went to gamestop my friend griff (who works there) saw the last couple things i bought there. stalkerish. i don't see why they would do that

Muffincat
08-24-2010, 05:14 PM
We'd have to have your future wife slap us upside the head to do positive productive thigns

That's for sure. You guys do all the work while I spend time painting cat pictures to put around the store!

I would also bake cookies? Maybe. Or just hit you. Yeah. That sounds good.

BobTD
08-25-2010, 12:43 AM
I love knowing I can never loose my games if I get them on steam. I have probably had 400+ games on DVD and they get stolen or lost all the time. I have probably lost 20 or more games this way.

I wish I could trade my hard copies in for digital copies.

ddiablo3
09-07-2010, 02:16 PM
one day there will be no need to leave the house! that day will be when you can digitally download grocery's.