PDA

View Full Version : Why did you join?

EpsilonX
09-05-2010, 02:41 PM
So, what's everybody's primary incentive for joining this site? I was a member on some sites, but a lot of them ended, and I wanted some place where I could talk about gaming. I was gonna make my own. I google searched to find some ideas for my forum, as well as maybe find some members that would join too. Eventually though, I realised that this was a good forum, and I didn't really need to make my own. So I abandoned that (my co-admin wasn't too happy) and stuck around here.

Howabout you guys?

Slayer509
09-05-2010, 02:47 PM
I kind of also just wanted a place that I can talk about things that involve games and other stuff, and then I found this website. :-)

Jaykub
09-05-2010, 03:06 PM
Linux paid me to come here.

Slayer509
09-05-2010, 04:42 PM
Linux paid me to come here.

Lol, it sounds like you didn't want to come, but you got bribed. Just kidding;-), I know you enjoy it here right?

HamadaLFC8
09-05-2010, 05:10 PM
I wanted other people than my friends to talk to as well :P I'm a very social person so I like talk 24/7 :P

LiNuX
09-05-2010, 07:01 PM
I never joined the forum. It just...happened.

Dess
09-05-2010, 07:10 PM
I was already a member on a few other forums, but none of them game related. Figured I'd find a gaming forum and here I am.

LemonRising
09-05-2010, 07:38 PM
I was bored
generally looking to join a forum. I looked at a few music ones, art ones, and then gaming. I saw GF and I was like "kay."

what a boring tale lollllllll

Muffincat
09-05-2010, 08:23 PM
It was a distraction from things that were going on in my life at the time. Then I stuck around. :P

glenofimaal
09-05-2010, 08:30 PM
Conman told me to join.... i listened haha

Aniki
09-05-2010, 08:48 PM
Good topic. I joined this forum because I wanted to join a gamers forums just like this one, with a great Art Subforum, so I googled: "gamers forum" and this forum was the very first one in the results... Romantic isn't it? xD

LemonRising
09-05-2010, 10:04 PM
I think I blushed :3

Oh, no thats just the fever

jango
09-06-2010, 12:21 AM
I can't honestly remember .. I think intially it was because I wanted somewhere else to post my reviews, but tbh that wasn't the main driving force. I think my main reason was wanting to find like-minds AND different/vibrant people. Beyond that, like most things, my main goal was finding somewhere to have a laugh while online.

RaiDae
09-06-2010, 07:32 PM
God told me to.

Jaykub
09-07-2010, 03:02 AM
God told me to.

Did he also tell you to become a pokemon master?

zero
09-07-2010, 03:35 AM
So i can nerd out!

Aniki
09-07-2010, 07:44 AM
Lol jango, what happened to yours GFP? Did you went bankrupt? xD

Schwartzy2.0
09-07-2010, 07:52 AM
well i just wanted to have a place to discuss games get news and to kill time befor i get right back into the game or befor i go work

jango
09-07-2010, 10:56 AM
Lol jango, what happened to yours GFP? Did you went bankrupt? xD

hehe .. my gfp is in the gf bank :P

Diligence109
09-08-2010, 09:09 AM
I joined this forum while I was on leave from school. During my time off I had far too much free time... I found myself exploring the depths of 4chan further than I was comfortable with and my g/f at the time was an active member on a different forum so I figured two things - it was time for an intervention and involvement with an online community that left some sense and satisfaction and reward (not 4chan) and I might as well join a forum.

It took me a half a second to think "what is one of my greatest interests that I could find a forum about" and it took google about .32 seconds to produce over 14 million results for the search "gamer forum" for which this site was the first hit.

I spent the last .18 seconds of that second considering if I should join this forum and decided to start lurking threads. Then I saw a post that said Fiesta was a good game. I felt the twitch in my neck, screaming at me to explain to them, in depth, how the game was flawed and how I'd wasted my time with it.

I knew at that moment that I was truly a gamer and belonged here. With one more second, I was a registered member. With another handful of seconds of furious typing, I made my first post (http://gamers-forum.com/showthread.php?p=190467) (I didn't know BBcode back then, this is my first and only forum ever, otherwise I would have used spoiler tags in that post XD)

I thought for sure that when I went back to school I would be too busy and would leave the forum, but there are lots of free seconds and fractions of seconds, even in my busy schedule here, that I find to read and make posts on the forum. The forum has been more than cool enough to me to deserve my time, I'm very happy to be here :)

Th3-devils-princess
09-08-2010, 11:18 AM
knibbler showed me this site and said i should join so here i am :)

Jaykub
09-08-2010, 01:23 PM
knibbler showed me this site and said i should join so here i am :)

And now we can't let you leave B)

Th3-devils-princess
09-08-2010, 03:28 PM
And now we can't let you leave B)
awesome i dont want to leave :P so thats good hehe :)

BobTD
09-08-2010, 11:14 PM
I found it with the power of google. I was searching for a new home and people to talk to after a break from forums for a few years, because my old one was destroyed. But now I has new friends. =D

BIg jACK
09-09-2010, 06:11 AM
Well ive been looking for a forum for a while now cause im a major gamer and i need a forum to use i just randomly typed in gamer forum on Google and this was the first link it looked like a good site so i signed up and planning on staying.:-)

jango
09-09-2010, 06:16 AM
Well ive been looking for a forum for a while now cause im a major gamer and i need a forum to use i just randomly typed in gamer forum on Google and this was the first link it looked like a good site so i signed up and planning on staying.:-)

good to hear mate .. make sure you read thru the forum rules etc, and hope to see u around the forums and maybe irc soon :)

BIg jACK
09-09-2010, 06:27 AM
Hope to see you around as well. I will have to make sure to read those don't want to get in any trouble on the forum anytime soon.:-)

-Jack

Project Blaze
09-09-2010, 11:03 AM
I just joined because I don't have any friends, let alone friends that play gamez. -_- I mean, no friends where I live. Doesn't apply to my net friendz. lol

Sooo, to sort of summarize that, I joined to make some net friends. Gamer friends are even better though, so it's a win/win for me. lol

RaiDae
09-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Did he also tell you to become a pokemon master?

Nah, the dead fly in my glass requested it as his dying wish. :s

Iceskater101
09-11-2010, 06:58 PM
I joined because I recently got my xbox and I wanted to have some friends and people on here that would like to talk about video games because my friends don't like to talk about them or play them so I was searching for forums and I came upon this one and then I liked the people on here and I liked the layout of the forums so I just stayed on and here I am today

the end lol

EpsilonX
09-11-2010, 07:28 PM
I joined because I recently got my xbox and I wanted to have some friends and people on here that would like to talk about video games because my friends don't like to talk about them or play them so I was searching for forums and I came upon this one and then I liked the people on here and I liked the layout of the forums so I just stayed on and here I am today

the end lol

you joined 2 years ago because you RECENTLY got an xbox? wat? Did I miss something?

jango
09-11-2010, 07:41 PM
you joined 2 years ago because you RECENTLY got an xbox? wat? Did I miss something?

My guess is this ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDS81Ibazdk

Blackleo
09-12-2010, 01:02 PM
Well I joined because I was promised Free Health Insurance that covers Dental and Eye care, college money, and 1 million dollars after 4 years of membership. Damn it Linux ...

glenofimaal
09-12-2010, 01:11 PM
Well I joined because I was promised Free Health Insurance that covers Dental and Eye care, college money, and 1 million dollars after 4 years of membership. Damn it Linux ...

Not a bad deal :D

Only 1 more year to go ;-)

Play Search
09-14-2010, 06:48 PM
I just joined a few minutes ago. I just wanted something to do while I'm surfing around on youtube. I like to talk about video games, so I figured I'd try this website out.

Sickangel
10-15-2010, 09:37 AM
I joined this site for the same reason you go to lan centers and cyber cafes.... you have everything you need to play all the games you want at your house... but sometimes its better to be around people just like you who play the same games.... its a social thing.... and environment.... :)

Evan
10-15-2010, 10:47 AM
i randomly found it with the feeling lucky thing on google

Dark War 1556
10-15-2010, 06:29 PM
i was looking for a place to talk gaming with lots of ppl and i used google and found this site and joined up and im liking it alot so far

The_Known_Gamer
10-15-2010, 06:41 PM
the reason i joined because i wanted sum where to talk about games
and stuff with new people not just my friends as they have the same
opinion everytime. as where i can get a thousand other opinions

Kenoi
10-15-2010, 07:56 PM
I was kinda bored this one night on google to find a gamer forum. when I typed those 2 words, I found this & just registered. I can't believe I'm here for almost a year (next month is my anniversary & many others as well, wahoo! one year!)

couple months ago, I couldn't afford any of the next-gen consoles.. finally about 2 or 3 months ago, I got a ps3. soon I'll get a 360. probably next year.
but why? I wanted to make some friends. ain't nothin wrong with that right? also, now that I got a ps3, I can play with some cool people online on some of my games. I currently have 5 games, so eventually my library will be big.