PDA

View Full Version : My school's HvZ is a go!

Jokersvirus
09-07-2010, 11:10 AM
Well... Almost, the dean approved my request to use nerf blasters and we are calling this a "beta game" meaning that we are trying to give it a trail if it works I will fight to make it a semester or yearly event with student events.

I got... 3 things to do, confirm Homeland Security will co sponsor, register event and review it with VUPD, campus police. After which I should have my team of mods together and we can review everything in great detail and make a determination if we should roll this semester or next.

so much work to be done not even time.

jango
09-07-2010, 11:20 AM
This sounds kinda interesting .. but I'm still not sure wot it is /blush

Jokersvirus
09-07-2010, 11:26 AM
humansvszombies.org

is your friend

Dess
09-07-2010, 11:26 AM
Sweet!!!! Congrats dude! I know you've been workin on this for awhile. *hugs*

Jokersvirus
09-07-2010, 11:45 AM
I was really surprised by how we just knocked it out. Im glad he is allowing me to do this

jango
09-07-2010, 11:53 AM
ahhhhh i see .. still sounds kinda funz :)

LiNuX
09-07-2010, 02:19 PM
I think I remember Stephen Colbert mentioning this a while back. Definitely sounds like something I'd do but not sure how many other people would be interested from my campus. But either way...I'm too lazy to set it up anyway.

Have fun dude!

Jokersvirus
09-07-2010, 03:54 PM
All the red tape I had to cute it should be fun.. Still have to set up the website too, damn it!

LemonRising
09-07-2010, 04:14 PM
sounds like youve got things under control hawhaw

I'd have so much fun with that

Jokersvirus
09-07-2010, 04:31 PM
Everything is under control to the best of my ability. Beyond that ya..

Diligence109
09-08-2010, 08:16 AM
We're in the middle of our round of HvZ here at Ithaca right now :) This year has been wild... we've had it two years running already so it's gained some serious following and we've been having some fun with it. We've got about 200 of the freshmen playing (a fifth of their class) and we've been having missions every day!

Good luck with all the red tape... I know the fun of running to every conceivable office on campus just to make sure the game isn't just one huge public disturbance. It's a whole 'nother beast when you're trying to keep your players from actually being a public disturbance while playing... it's all so worth it for how fun the game is, though! :)

That year that Steven Colbert ran his HvZ skit was great, I remember that (mostly because everyone I knew on Facebook must have posted that on my wall because I was the first person they thought of when they saw it.)

Have fun with HvZ, Joker! Best of luck, and have fun! I'd say feel free to ask me any questions cause I've been running the game on my campus for two years already but you seem to be well on your way on your own, anyway :P

Jokersvirus
09-08-2010, 10:48 AM
Well since I got my co sponsor I can now register the event and review the situation with VUPD.

But I still need to have a informational meeting sometime and explain everything.

Jokersvirus
01-27-2011, 02:42 PM
Thought I would post an update.

As of right now All I need is the event paperwork signed by the Director of my hall, the person who is allowing me to host the game and use the dorm as the sponsor, and she will not see me till Monday. Ive been waiting for about... 3 weeks, or going on 3 weeks, for her to see me for 10 minutes and sign the paperwork. Its getting close since we are about 35 days away from Spring break and the week we come back Game on.

Everything else we just need to make some very small props nothing cardboard and duct tape cant fix, and I finally got the walkie talkies under control. So really once i get the signatures I need I can start throwing out flyers and get this rolling.

LiNuX
01-27-2011, 02:56 PM
I hate chasing people around for a few minutes to get a signature. I'm still chasing someone (have been for 7 weeks or so now and he can't give my paper 30 seconds to sign.

But hopefully you catch up with her soon and get the paper signed!

Dess
01-27-2011, 02:59 PM
Hope it works out sir!!

Jokersvirus
01-27-2011, 03:55 PM
I hate chasing people around for a few minutes to get a signature. I'm still chasing someone (have been for 7 weeks or so now and he can't give my paper 30 seconds to sign.

But hopefully you catch up with her soon and get the paper signed!

Oh on monday nothing will stop me from seeing her she set up an appointment I will miss my classes to make her sign that paper. She will question and drill me thats fine but seriously, how hard is it to give me 10 minutes to sign one line?