PDA

View Full Version : Help Me I need your opinions!

HamadaLFC8
09-13-2010, 12:23 PM
Hey GF! :D Once more I'm asking you guys for your opinions about an important decision!!

Topic: Where should I go to University?
Option A: Vienna, Austria
Option B: Saginaw, MI, USA

Pros and cons (Vienna)

Pros:
- I already know this city and know my way around
- It would only cost me 16 euro's per semester!
- I have family there
- I'd be way closer to my family (they will be staying in Saudi)
- Vienna is a big city, and theres a lot to do
- There's this gorgeous girl here WHO WONT' GET OUT OF MY MIND XD :rolleyes1:
- Here I'd go into Law right away but in the US I'd do Pre-Law first
- You don't get homework in Uni and attending class is optional

Cons
- Since the 8th grade my school was in English

__________________________________________________ _____________

Pros and cons (Saginaw MI)

Pros
- American lifestyle (I love it =p )
- I have an American High School diploma
- My sister lives there

Cons
- Cost: $21000
- It's a small city and it might get boring
- No family (except sister)
- I would have to transfer because the Uni is not so well known and the job oppurtunities wouldn't be too great :confused1:
- I don't really like change (talking about the transferring)
- I would do Pre-Law instead of going right into Law

Well that's the list what would YOU do ? I still have until December to decide so ya :D

THANK YOU GUYS!!!

Jaykub
09-13-2010, 12:28 PM
Vienna, Austria seems like the best way to go and where your going it pretty much nows there 7 months of the year :P

HamadaLFC8
09-13-2010, 12:30 PM
Vienna, Austria seems like the best way to go and where your going it pretty much nows there 7 months of the year :P

I don't get the second part with the 7 months? huh :S

Jaykub
09-13-2010, 12:35 PM
I don't get the second part with the 7 months? huh :S

It would prolly be a nice place if your used to cold weather.

HamadaLFC8
09-13-2010, 03:22 PM
Ohhh SNOWS! you said nows so I didn't get what u meant ahha! Yeah I love snow so it doesn't really matter :P weather is not a problem

LemonRising
09-13-2010, 03:33 PM
Yeah vienna sounds like a better deal, close to family (+hot girl), cheaper, and it seems like you're more comfortable there. And hey, stuff to do!

Gotta keep yourself entertained and sane!

jango
09-13-2010, 03:40 PM
For me it's Austria hands-down.

HamadaLFC8
09-13-2010, 03:45 PM
Mhm yeah it does but there still is something SOMETHING i DONT know what but it makes me very unsure! keep them opinions comingg :D thanks people!

LemonRising
09-13-2010, 04:01 PM
Could just be that it's a big life decision?

Aniki
09-13-2010, 04:21 PM
I like the fact that Saginaw is in USA, but the cons you pointed, just scary! xD
I vote for Vienna, Austriaaa!

HamadaLFC8
09-13-2010, 04:32 PM
hahaha SMART POINT LEMON XD

Thanks for your vote aniki!

jango
09-13-2010, 04:36 PM
hahaha SMART POINT LEMON XD

Underneath her often abstract humour, and behind those tiny, tiny arms, she's quite astute .. obviously she'll make up for that sensible post soon - prepare yourself :P

LemonRising
09-13-2010, 06:51 PM
ohhh jango, you slay me.

i'm such a smart cookie :3

RaiDae
09-13-2010, 08:22 PM
- Are you fluent in German?
- Will your understanding (or lack thereof) of the language hold you back in Austria?
- Is the law degree from Austria accredited outside of that country - if not, are you comfortable with living there for the rest of your life?
- are you including tuition fees in your living cost?
- do you still have time to sign up to either?
- are you sure your gonna get along with the family your staying with?
- do you have any idea what makes you want to go to america?
- which course is better (accademically - aka, which will be more likely to get you a job)
-how long does each course last?
- if you don't have to go to class, will there be enough pressure on you to actually learn?

And also, don't do it because of a relationship. You go to uni PRIMARILY for the quality of your course and it's relevance to what you want to do. Then you should take into account money, life style, exeriences, relationships etc.

Some of the questions might be a wee bit silly, but think about it seriously. :)

HamadaLFC8
09-14-2010, 11:47 AM
Thanks a lot Rai! I really appreciate your help! Yeah I'm fluent in German its my first language so it wouldn't be a problem :) And the degree would be accepted in Austria only but if I'd go to Vienna, I'd continue doing international law which would expand the degree to all European countries or even the world :o :D and I'm starting next semester anyway so there's plenty of time! Family, my mom's side is Austrian and yeah they're all really nice, and I wouldn't mind living here all my life :P I'm Austrian and pretty patriotic :P I LOVE IT :P
But the US... well its the US and everyone would like love to go there so I still dunno xD

Jaykub
09-14-2010, 06:25 PM
Thanks a lot Rai! I really appreciate your help! Yeah I'm fluent in German its my first language so it wouldn't be a problem :) And the degree would be accepted in Austria only but if I'd go to Vienna, I'd continue doing international law which would expand the degree to all European countries or even the world :o :D and I'm starting next semester anyway so there's plenty of time! Family, my mom's side is Austrian and yeah they're all really nice, and I wouldn't mind living here all my life :P I'm Austrian and pretty patriotic :P I LOVE IT :P
But the US... well its the US and everyone would like love to go there so I still dunno xD

I didn't know you speak German :D
I'm trying to learn German but failing pretty hard.

HamadaLFC8
09-14-2010, 06:40 PM
I didn't know you speak German :D
I'm trying to learn German but failing pretty hard.

haha yeah dude I do speak German, and yeah! It's reallllly hard O.o :-( if you need help let me know ;)

RaiDae
09-14-2010, 06:44 PM

Re-read over what you just said. If your only argument for going to america is "it's america!!! AMERICA!!", i think you've already made up your mind. I was in the same situation. I really wanted to go to St. Andrews, because it was st. andrews and awesome. But glasgow is closer to home, had a better course and a better social life. Good luck with whatever you do :)

and it's really weird you can leave it so late to decide.... we had to have applied by feb i think it was...

HamadaLFC8
09-14-2010, 06:50 PM
Re-read over what you just said. If your only argument for going to america is "it's america!!! AMERICA!!", i think you've already made up your mind. I was in the same situation. I really wanted to go to St. Andrews, because it was st. andrews and awesome. But glasgow is closer to home, had a better course and a better social life. Good luck with whatever you do :)

and it's really weird you can leave it so late to decide.... we had to have applied by feb i think it was...

Yeah you're right Rai... but I don't know I realllly liked the US >.< but probably you're right... A flight home would only take me about 4 hours... and if I'd go to the states it could easily add up to 17 ? arghhhh why is this so harddddd

Jaykub
09-14-2010, 06:51 PM
haha yeah dude I do speak German, and yeah! It's reallllly hard O.o :-( if you need help let me know ;)

Haha I will.

I should speak it perfectly now since most of my family is german :P

HamadaLFC8
09-14-2010, 06:57 PM
Haha I will.

I should speak it perfectly now since most of my family is german :P

Ahhh! That's pretty cool man! My great grandfather was killed by Russians in world war II >.< and clue where in Germany tho ?

Jaykub
09-14-2010, 07:01 PM
Ahhh! That's pretty cool man! My great grandfather was killed by Russians in world war II >.< and clue where in Germany tho ?

That sucks :C

My moms side is from north germany and my dads side of the family is from the south.

HamadaLFC8
09-14-2010, 07:04 PM
That sucks :C

My moms side is from north germany and my dads side of the family is from the south.

Oh the South :D The south always liked Austrians ^^ and vice versa :P and the north... was and is pretty much in its own world hahah

HamadaLFC8
09-14-2010, 07:28 PM
Random Fact!

The University of Vienna is a public university located in Vienna, Austria. It was founded by Duke Rudolph IV in 1365 and is the oldest university in the German-speaking world and one of the largest in Europe.

:O

Muffincat
09-14-2010, 08:15 PM
OMG HAMTARO I DIDN'T KNOW YOU SPOKE GERMAN

I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR PEOPLE TO PRACTICE GERMAN WITH (I took a bit in college and am rusty but I love the language)

and yeah I would say go to Vienna.

You can always go to the US later on and look for work with your awesome foreignness ;P or whatever

cheapness is the best option. XD also german...mmm.... <3 XD

LemonRising
09-14-2010, 09:00 PM
*whisper* viennnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

/subliminal

HamadaLFC8
09-14-2010, 09:00 PM
haahha Muffin! I'd be glad to help you too :P trust me haha and thanks for your opinion !!!

P.s: Hamtaro in German is way better than the English version :P

Edit: Lol lemon ... the voices in my head are telling me to go to Vienna =o

Diligence109
09-16-2010, 09:14 PM
after reading what you have listed here, the obvious choice (and majority opinion) is to go to Vienna. The states are overrated, I want to get out and see the world, myself :P

jango
09-16-2010, 10:55 PM
the voices in my head are telling me to go to Vienna =o

*whispers from the ether* I knew this Jedi mind trick would work ..

Charlotte
09-17-2010, 04:38 AM
Vienna Austria is better though.

Cause it's got more pros than cons and also more pros than pros's Saginaw, MI, USA.

HamadaLFC8
09-17-2010, 05:15 AM
Yeahh :D Thanks everyone ^^

LemonRising
09-17-2010, 12:59 PM
Voices in your head: No problem bro <: