PDA

View Full Version : joker needs joo.

Jokersvirus
09-14-2010, 08:47 PM
I gots a question..

Does anyone know a good way to get my videos out there and spread around. Cause mr youtube is getting me alot of hits and I kinda wanna help shixx get his videos more known. So do you guys know anything I should try, because I thought about going around forums and posting, but then I would be a spammer and I dont feel like lowering myself like that

jango
09-14-2010, 08:53 PM
In my view looking past youtube is key .. with reviews or gameplay footage it's often good to post them elsewhere too, and be involved in other communities. An example would be Escapist magazine who have a vibrant user review section .. I can generate perhaps another 200% views from there alone so long as the vid itself is of benefit to someone watching it. There are plenty of other sites that offer user review sections, which often in-turn generate more views of other vids or registrations. Beyond that for me it's providing more for people if they want it rather than just having stuff that's great on its own, but offers nothing further.

Jaykub
09-14-2010, 08:54 PM
Yeah I don't really suggest going around forums spamming shixxs site.

HamadaLFC8
09-14-2010, 09:03 PM
Add a crap load of tags! that's .... pretty much the only thing I know :/

LemonRising
09-14-2010, 09:12 PM
lmfao covering stuff that's got a lot of public interest helps.
But you'll probably get most of your views from participating in other communities, as jango said.

even joining forums and communicating with people opens a door way to introduce them to your youtube channel. I find people are more likely to accept your spam if you actually contribute to the forum, instead of dropping a link and running.

LiNuX
09-14-2010, 09:17 PM
I find people are more likely to accept your spam if you actually contribute to the forum, instead of dropping a link and running.

That's very true. That's why we allow members to advertise when they've earned it. And that's how I've advertised GF and my other sites in other forums. I probably have a 100k posts all over the internet (on forums) not counting GF in the past 8-9 years.

LemonRising
09-14-2010, 09:19 PM
It's common internet courtesy <:

also makes your site look like its full of intelligent people. not just scary bad men who want your money.

Jokersvirus
09-14-2010, 09:49 PM
I did find gametrailers they do uservideos so I think that was a good way.

Jaykub
09-14-2010, 10:00 PM
It's common internet courtesy <:

They always said...

The internet: Its serious Business

jango
09-14-2010, 10:01 PM
I did find gametrailers they do uservideos so I think that was a good way.

There's a lot of things like that like I said in my post .. some are better than others tbh.

Jokersvirus
09-14-2010, 10:18 PM
ya, but you go with what you got :P

Linx_is_me
09-15-2010, 02:29 PM
Yeah I was wondering the same thing . I make youtube Vids too. But is there any other websites you guys could link that would better grow my fan-base ?

LiNuX
09-15-2010, 02:57 PM
Yeah I was wondering the same thing . I make youtube Vids too. But is there any other websites you guys could link that would better grow my fan-base ?

You should just use youtube for that. Try to make videos people would enjoy watching - that's how most people get subscribers, not because they post their links in other websites.

Jokersvirus
09-15-2010, 04:14 PM
Im using gametrailers they have a user section for usermovies. AVGN uses that and gets alot of hits.

right now my first video I put up is 284 out of 270,000. which isnt bad.