PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Bush to forfeit Heisman

DirtyDMan
09-15-2010, 08:25 PM
Go here to read up on it.........

Reggie Bush decides to forfeit 2005 Heisman Trophy - ESPN Los Angeles (http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=5572827)

I know most of you on here arent sports fans on this forum which is fine but I would like to know how some of you feel about this if you have an opinion on it....

This is my opinion and I dont think Reggie Bush should have to return the heisman he won in 05...

First of all Reggie 05 season was one of the best season in college football... In 2005, he was spectacular, running for 1,740 yards, scoring 18 touchdowns and helping the Trojans reach the national championship game against Texas and Young.

The Money he took didnt improve his performance on the field unlike some players who take HGH...

I'm not saying what he did was right but theres plenty of college football players that have takin money.. Which is still going on now and if you think otherwise then your being dumb.. They just havent been caught like Bush has been..

Just put your self in his situation and then judge him on what he did... He's a poor kid, is getting offered $$$ to him and his family. Lets not forget that USC is making millions off of him as well with marketing and selling his jersey.. Which Bush see none of it..

So if you were him why wouldnt you take the money. I know I would even tho it would be the wrong decision.. Plus for your guys in college wouldnt you take money if someone offered it to you? Just for being a part of that college.... or do you have more then a $20 in your pocket right now?...

That just me tho.. Another thing that bugs me is V. Young is saying he want the heisman. I dont think anyone should get it b/c they didnt win it for a reason. That reason is b/c Bush had a better year then anyone and just b/c you take the heisman away from him doesnt mean that what he did never happen...

What he did was wrong but I think their taking this to far in my opinion. Also the coach of USC Pete Carrol isnt getting in trouble at all.. The fact that he said he didnt know what was going on is B.S. to me.. Now he leave USC who cant go to a bowl game this year and has a new Coaching job with Seattle.. talk about getting off scott free.. Just doesnt seem right to me....

Iceskater101
09-15-2010, 09:43 PM
I heard about it but I don't get it
can you tell me the quick version
why did he have to give it up?
I am interested to know

DirtyDMan
09-16-2010, 02:36 AM
Allegations that Bush and his family had received hundreds of thousands of dollars in gifts from two California-based marketing agents...

One of the few guidelines given to Heisman Trophy voters is that a player must be in compliance with NCAA rules to be eligible for the trophy. One of the rule is a player cant receive money/gifts an agent or anyone..... something like that...

So he broke the rule.. So the NCAA has takin action b/c of this....

stripped of 14 wins during Bush's last two seasons there, including a win in the BCS national title game over Oklahoma. It's also lost 30 football scholarships over three years and will not be allowed to participate in bowl games for two seasons.

the NCAA requires that Reggie Bush and USC have nothing to do with each other from this day forward.

The thing is tho..Bush isnt the only college athlete who ever took money or gifts from crooked sports agents before he was allowed to do so and it still is going on now....

It is worthy of note, too, that the two sports agents involved in this scandal are pretty much free and clear of the mess. They contributed to the rule breaking as much as anyone, but so far they've escaped pretty much unscathed.

All I'm saying is that Bush shouldnt have to return the heisman b/c whatever he did take didnt help him on the field.... The fact that he came from a poor upbringing..... Made a mistake by taking money from an agent which a lot of young athletes do....

What he did was wrong but I blame that more on the School and the Coach for not knowing what was going on... Plus they allow these agents into the school to talk to the athletes...

If your poor all your life and someone offers money/gifts for you and your family.. Your going to take it right?... Especially if your a young kid....

I'm just saying that this didnt help him on the field like taking HGH would.. What he did that year was amazing, what he did was wrong but a lot of people take money from agents, and the only reason there doing this is because he got caught...

I just blame the School,Coaches, and the agents more then I do Bush for deciding to take the money/gifts he was offered... that just my opinion tho....

Jaykub
09-17-2010, 08:00 PM
Its pretty stupid if you ask me. But rules are rules.

Jokersvirus
09-17-2010, 10:46 PM
Money is the root of all evil, but there are rules. Im not a sports person but I do feel bad for him since the college is making off him he should be able to sue and get some of that profit.

Muffincat
09-18-2010, 11:25 AM
Money is the root of all evil, but there are rules. Im not a sports person but I do feel bad for him since the college is making off him he should be able to sue and get some of that profit.

The love of money is the root of all evil

Money itself is pretty good at sitting there motionless

People just always get that quote wrong :P

But yeah I mean. That sucks for him. At least he's stepping down and not making a huge deal about it, I guess. That's kind of...noble...ish...

maybe he's getting bribed

:P