PDA

View Full Version : Do you know what a Let's Play is ?

Linx_is_me
09-18-2010, 02:37 PM
Well a let's play is kinda like a commentary over a real video game . Me and a friend have began this we are playing through the whole legend of zelda minish cap . I have posted the first one . However in the first one we kinda argued over each other but we fixed that and the second and on are very good . Please enjoy . and post some thoughts.
Let's Play the Legend Of Zelda Minish Cap 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJDtQ7BEd9I)

Muffincat
09-18-2010, 02:54 PM
I thought a "Let's Play" was when like you played through a game but had a bunch of other people (say, like members of a forum) choose the choices you make or whatever (vote, etc) o.o

So, like everyone is playing, but not actually playing.... that was my impression, more than your description of "commentary over a video game," but I could be wrong?

jango
09-18-2010, 03:10 PM
I resorted to Urban Dictionary because I haven't a clue .. here's what it said ..

One or more people, usually from message boards, that record themselves playing video games through screenshots or captured video (Mostly the latter). This can be any game, from Doom to Zelda: Ocarina of Time. The most popular of the Let's Play videos come from the extremely difficult Super Mario World hack titled "Super Kaizo World". Usually Let's Play videos consist of jokes (Good, bad, and/or corny), frustration, and bewilderment by the ones playing. Some also explain gameplay, easter eggs, and general trivia pertaining to the game being played. Abbreviation: LP

Linx_is_me
09-18-2010, 03:29 PM
I agree with Jango ... But I am not sure me and my friend saw some others so we started making our own . But Yeah Jango's makes the most sense

jango
09-18-2010, 04:27 PM
I agree with Jango ... But I am not sure me and my friend saw some others so we started making our own . But Yeah Jango's makes the most sense

This isn't my understanding of it .. like I said I didn't have a clue (the only 'Let's Play' I know was from some crappy TV show in the 80s) .. the quote is from Ubran Dictionary, not me :)

EpsilonX
09-18-2010, 05:35 PM
I was on a forum a while ago, and my friend did one of these, except he was using a ROM on his computer (fairly certain he has the actual game though, so its not illegal) and took screenshots while adding captions. It was amazing lol

Jaykub
09-18-2010, 07:31 PM
Lol,

Another thread I don't understand.... What is it? o_o

Charlotte
09-19-2010, 03:00 AM
Lol I already played this game.

And yeh me also doesn't have any idea what is this thread mainly bout?

jango
09-19-2010, 03:03 AM
My guess is there's a secret meaning involved .. behind this post's words might lie the meaning of life, or perhaps just a recipe for quiche ..

Charlotte
09-19-2010, 03:16 AM
My guess is there's a secret meaning involved .. behind this post's words might lie the meaning of life, or perhaps just a recipe for quiche ..

Eh what you mean?

jango
09-19-2010, 03:34 AM
Eh what you mean?

Humour isn't always an international language .. especially sarcasm :)

Linx_is_me
09-19-2010, 02:17 PM
Guys , The over all point was to get the word out about let's plays. It does seem none of you have heard of them . Just try going to youtube . Type in Let's play then a game name . There is a good chance you will find it . So i thought the best way to do so was to post one of my own let's plays. A let's play is a rather nerdy thing . Not common but I thought I would share it with you . Hope that better helps you understand this thread .