PDA

View Full Version : Iranian PC Games

iAdam
09-20-2010, 01:49 PM
I'm looking for these 4 games:

- Special Operation 85: Hostage Rescue
- Devil Den 1+2
- Assault on Freedom Convoy

These are Iranian video games (while one of them deals with the nuke subject, the other are kind of anti Israel type of games).

Please, any lead on where to buying these games online will be appreciated.

these games were made by a group called "Students Basij Organization" or something like that...

I don't mean to create a talk about politics Israel/Palestine/Nuke or not... Just looking for a way to get my hands on these games.

Thanks for the helpers...

Linx_is_me
09-20-2010, 02:24 PM
I read your first post just recently , What do you need these game for . I mean how is this for school . I got to be honest they do sound kinda offensive .

EpsilonX
09-20-2010, 03:35 PM
"Assault on Freedom Convoy?"

The Escapist : Forums : The News Room : Iran Publishes Anti-Israel Videogames (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.229799-Iran-Publishes-Anti-Israel-Videogames)

that's what I found on the games. I take it you're doing research on them or something?

Jokersvirus
09-20-2010, 03:54 PM
I read your first post just recently , What do you need these game for . I mean how is this for school . I got to be honest they do sound kinda offensive .

Im no fan of iranian video games that "teach about the crimes of the zionist" but he said it is for research and at this moment we have no reason to doubt it. However, I will state it is kinda odd to ask for those types of games.

Linx_is_me
09-20-2010, 04:20 PM
Yeah That was all I was getting at , I was just wondering what kind of research involved these types of games . I have no reason to think your a terrorist or anything . I just found the concept of the games to be rather offensive .

Jokersvirus
09-20-2010, 04:37 PM
I misread your post my bad.

ANYWHO, the concept is made by groups who want to increase their numbers by trying to make us look like the bad guy thats all

iAdam
09-20-2010, 06:17 PM
I need these games, as you guessed, for a research... no terror here.
the purpose of my final work is to take some political games and examine their influence.

These games are not familiar to the western world but I believe that they have enough influence on the people who play them.

I'm glad to see that this forum is so alive.
and i'm impressed by the good spirit of the gamers here.

thanks.

Blackleo
09-20-2010, 10:13 PM
Wow very interesting topic you got here. This is a bit weird having ther Iranian pres over here today but yet wasn't aware they had game like this. If it is for research purposes then go for it. I think it will be helpful to educate and investigate politics and effects such game has.

Linx_is_me
09-21-2010, 12:09 AM
I googled around for you but I found nothing of buying them , Maybe a more in depth search on ebay would produce better results. Then again It may be banned in America I have no idea .

Charlotte
09-21-2010, 04:39 AM
Oh anti-israel games?
I never heard of that.
Why you really wanna those kind of games?

jango
09-21-2010, 04:44 AM
I don't know these types of games iAdam, so can't help. GL with the project though.

EpsilonX
09-22-2010, 01:49 PM
I have a feeling these aren't going to be available for use in the US.

Jaykub
09-22-2010, 01:52 PM
I have a feeling these aren't going to be available for use in the US.

Is he even in the US?

sanny20
09-26-2010, 04:11 AM
lol funny :)

Linx_is_me
09-26-2010, 02:05 PM
lol funny :)

How so .... ?

iAdam
10-13-2010, 04:25 PM
I thought that the games would be available somewhere... but since no one can get them, I don't mind revealing my birth country (I even signd up for some Arabic forums to try and get this game and I thought i would have to lie in order to get them, but no luck there either).

I'm from IL and my project is about propagnda in Video Games.
Since I don't have this games, I cannot verify stuff that is written about them.
I cannot even verify they exist...

Uh.. nevermind. at least I found this great forum.;-)

Thanks to all who tried to help, I Appreciate it.

sanny20
10-14-2010, 06:38 AM
Iran is making a huge technological advancements, large steps that kinda start to bother US and other "developed" countries, so its obvious that people from US will ignore games from Iran (or those games will be banned) due to local US propaganda ... duh! :)

Charlotte
10-14-2010, 06:52 AM
I'm from IL
Where/what is that?

sanny20
10-14-2010, 08:10 AM
Illinois ... duh!! :)

if you want to support a non-US developers, this one deserves it, that guy made a very addictive and fun game called Bloxidy and released it for just one buck:

Casual and non-casual PC games for Windows, free downloads, Bloxidy (http://www.codergames.com/games/gamedetails/casual-puzzle-action-pc-game-bloxidy/)

crazy! i paid 3 bucks, i mean, its practically free, a giveaway lol

jango
10-14-2010, 08:13 AM
Illinois ... duh!! :)

Not everyone here will know that Sanny .. GF has people from all over the world.

Does this 'propaganda in games' have to be from specifically an Iranian POV, or can it be about general propaganda in games? If so it might open up the scope a little .. especially with games like Medal of Honor and older games like Delta Force etc etc.

sanny20
10-14-2010, 08:17 AM
what's a GF?

jango
10-14-2010, 08:20 AM
what's a GF?

The forum you're on .. Gamers Forum

sanny20
10-14-2010, 09:12 AM
i knew that .. duh!

jango
10-14-2010, 09:18 AM