PDA

View Full Version : A bad thing kinda turned into a good thing..

DirtyDMan
09-20-2010, 06:13 PM
So I had to reformat my computer this weekend back to factory format...

Which always sucks... The thing I found out tho is my Norton's works again now... Norton's was already installed on this computer but runs out after 60days...

Idk.. Just think it is kinda kool since from now on if I want I can have Norton's for free.... just have to download the update over again....

Thats the only good thing tho... I lost every things else.. Pictures,music, bookmarks, phone numbers, ect ect...

HamadaLFC8
09-20-2010, 06:48 PM
Argh yeah I hate hate HATEEE it when you lose everything, but you always somehow end up finding cooler stuff :)

look at the positive side bro

LiNuX
09-20-2010, 07:56 PM
why not get a second hard drive and save everything in there then every 2 months, take out the second drive and format the first.

But Norton isn't as good as it seems, if you're careful, you won't even need a virus scanner.

jango
09-21-2010, 03:11 AM
why not get a second hard drive

Yeah I'd suggest that too. A few years back I did exactly that and haven't looked back. My external hd has everthing from photos, music, copies of letters, and other stuff .. I often back-up my Steam game files on there too so I don't lose character progress (save games) if my pc went 'pop'. It didn't cost much at the time, and has been a saviour.

Charlotte
09-21-2010, 04:44 AM
This one have happen to me b4 and it's suck! I lost entire stuff. I forgot to backup though.

Why you reformat it? What have happen?!

DirtyDMan
09-21-2010, 06:39 PM
Why you reformat it? What have happen?!

IDK.. I started up my computer and It wouldnt load windows.... Just gave me some kinda error code....

Jaykub
09-21-2010, 06:43 PM
You could always download avg free..

AVG - Antivirus and Internet Security | Virus Protection (http://www.avg.com)

EpsilonX
09-22-2010, 01:47 PM
I need to get a new anti-virus....

anyways, whenever i've had to reformat my laptop it's cuz I couldn't get it to work anymore, so I couldn't back anything up. >.> It was terrible.

Kenoi
09-22-2010, 01:57 PM
was it like an error that kept showing up whenever you turn on your PC?
if so, I had something like that, I had to reformat my computer... twice.
I dont think I'll ever do that again.
I think all computers should have a 'backup-recovery' type of hard drive. a secondary one.

Jaykub
09-22-2010, 01:59 PM
was it like an error that kept showing up whenever you turn on your PC?
if so, I had something like that, I had to reformat my computer... twice.
I dont think I'll ever do that again.
I think all computers should have a 'backup-recovery' type of hard drive. a secondary one.

I hear a great fix for that is called Ubuntu Linux..

:yes:

Charlotte
09-23-2010, 02:26 AM
IDK.. I started up my computer and It wouldnt load windows.... Just gave me some kinda error code....

Duh you should visit Safe Mode. That can may fixed it.