PDA

View Full Version : Portal 1 on the PC

Linx_is_me
09-24-2010, 07:52 PM
I am thinking about getting Portal 1 on the pc . But I am ot sure if my computer is good enough . Or if the game is still great on the pc . So could someone please post to me if they have it on the Pc . What type of computer are you running it with and does it play smooth .

jango
09-24-2010, 08:01 PM
Can't remember the PC I had when I played it .. but it was certainly before the one I have now.

Tbh if you can run HL2 then you can run Portal 1 ..

This might help (http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/).

Charlotte
09-25-2010, 10:43 PM
You mean Portal 1? I have download it before from Steam for free for some limited time.

And the graphic doesn't really required a good graphic card as long as your pc is not an old rubbish pc. :D

LiNuX
09-25-2010, 10:51 PM
Link jango gave is perfect but what kind of specs does your computer have? The first portal isn't very resource intensive so it shouldn't be a problem if you got/built your pc within the past 5-6 years (which is pretty old for computers nowadays)

Linx_is_me
09-25-2010, 11:13 PM
I have a Xp , I am just worried about how much memory I need . My labtop has 324mb or so . Not much , but I am going to put more in and I am sure it will work . Thanks for the replies .

LiNuX
09-25-2010, 11:43 PM
How old is your laptop? And Portal needs 1gb RAM to work. I hope you know how to upgrade the RAM before buying it just so you don't waste money.

Linx_is_me
09-26-2010, 12:08 AM
How old is your laptop? And Portal needs 1gb RAM to work. I hope you know how to upgrade the RAM before buying it just so you don't waste money.

Yeah linux , I am pretty computer savy . I know how to upgrade my laptop . I am going to be taking some RAM off my other laptop . I am poor so I can not just get some new RAM but it's cool .