PDA

View Full Version : Is Wild Arms worth it?

ViciousGamer04
09-30-2010, 10:00 PM
I was digging through some old gaming magazines and came across a game called "Wild Arms". I do sort of vaguely remember it a while back but I was curious of whether it's any good or not? I can pick it up for about $5 or less if I wanted so I will probably end up getting it anyways but I was just curious of peoples opinions of it. :D

EpsilonX
09-30-2010, 10:02 PM
Never played it but i hear its good. Definitely worth that much at least

ViciousGamer04
09-30-2010, 10:28 PM
Yeah neither have I. It kind of reminded me of Chrono Trigger which is the big reason it caught my eye!

Charlotte
10-01-2010, 03:25 AM
I don't know about this game but after goggling it, I tell ya, it's look like a nice game.

ViciousGamer04
10-01-2010, 03:37 AM
Yeah, I hope it turns out to be at least half-decent. I was doing some searching a little earlier today and noticed they made a LOT of other wild arms games. Seems like a kind of "under the radar" game series.

Blackbird
10-02-2010, 10:17 AM
My father did own this game when I was a little. It's a fun RPG.
The first one were released in PS.
Of course there is also more of Wild Arms, the last one is Wild Arms 5 that's is on PS2.
So go ahead of buy it if you are RPG lover.
^^

The soundtrack is also good and I like it. :D

I like the opening song of Wild Arms

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVOFibwVMw0

When I check back Youtube again, I feel like this song remember me back the time I played Wild Arms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSOvrM20tMA

Sickangel
10-02-2010, 04:56 PM
wild arms was a great game.... reminded me of FFVII.... obviously not quite up to FF's calliber... but a good game none the less

ViciousGamer04
10-02-2010, 05:20 PM
Yeah I started googling after first hearing about it and they made a bunch of them. Hopefully I like the first one as to keep myself entertained with the rest! I still have to beat some Star Oceans though before I move on to this game series, :)

it's a nice one to look forward to though. Thanks for providing the youtube videos, i'll make sure to check them out when I get the chance :)

wild arms was a great game.... reminded me of FFVII.... obviously not quite up to FF's calliber... but a good game none the less

Yeah not sure it will be "top-notch" but I am a big RPG lover so I will probably like it nontheless.

Blackbird
10-02-2010, 06:20 PM
I'm still stuck on Star Ocean, might creating a new game since it were years ago I played it last time so I have forgot it.
Now when you remind me I'm going to get started with Wild Arms & Star Ocean, it's a nice game.

The topic was about Wild Arms, I like first one and 5th game of it.

I haven't finish the YS series yet. I'm still got the YS Orginale but it's a difficult game.
There is many good RPG games like XenoSaga.
Do you have tried XenoSaga yet? :)

ViciousGamer04
10-02-2010, 07:34 PM
I am not sure that i have. It sounds familiar though.. but I would have to look into it. Don't want to overwhelm myself with games, though! Then I would never go outside O.o lol

Blackbird
10-03-2010, 02:44 PM
You right the same goes for anime and other kind of stuff, you need to spend hours to be able to finish, lol I bought a new game recently finish off it in one day. :D

ViciousGamer04
10-03-2010, 03:32 PM
Well if you don't do side-things n' whatnot like for example in the Disgaea game series a lot of games are actually pretty short.

Blackbird
10-04-2010, 06:35 PM
I know what you mean but I'm usually do side games. :D

ViciousGamer04
10-04-2010, 08:08 PM
Yeah if you don't do the side things it takes a looot of fun out of it. I wouldn't like RPG's as much if some of them didn't have as many fun side things to do, :P

BobTD
10-06-2010, 12:58 AM
My father did own this game when I was a little. It's a fun RPG.
The first one were released in PS.
Of course there is also more of Wild Arms, the last one is Wild Arms 5 that's is on PS2.

well actually... a year after Wild Arms5 there was a PSP release:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_Arms_XF

But thats a PSP tactical RPG and not really a traditional part of the series. So your right in a sense.

(I really cant help it, my memory sucks at everything but videogames)

Blackbird
10-07-2010, 03:50 PM
Yeah I did hear it was also one of the first RPG that were on 3D. :P

ViciousGamer04
10-16-2010, 02:52 AM
Yeah, I just hope I can find it from a reliable seller though as I planned on buying it online. Finding it in the stores today would probably be near impossible. :X