PDA

View Full Version : quick fix on an impacted tooth.

Jokersvirus
10-09-2010, 09:31 PM
So I got a impacted tooth and I have to wait till most likely next friday before anything can be done about it. It is truly annoying and im half temped to rip it out myself but I dont have the proper tools, and it looks the lining of my mouth is attached to the impacted tooth so by ripping it out im ripping so of the lining if my mouth.

So does anyone have some quick fixes to make this pain go away or lessen for at least 6 days?

FYI im not in a good mood so stupid post will be met with anger and rage.

If you want to know how this pain feels like its like getting stabbed every second by some moron who has pointy stick and the only time the pain is gone is when you sleep.

jango
10-09-2010, 09:38 PM
If it was me I'd use bongela (as a temporary solution at least) .. it's normally for mouth ulcers but works well in your mouth as an anticeptic and pain killer - I guess you guys have an equivalent. Beyond that .. whisky :)

Either way i hope it feels better soon mate.

Charlotte
10-09-2010, 09:39 PM
Hmm if you don't have the tools, I'm highly suggest you to use door.

Jokersvirus
10-09-2010, 09:45 PM
Hmm if you don't have the tools, I'm highly suggest you to use door.

.... Im biting my tongue, but do you not know what impacted means? Means the tooth isnt coming out of the skin it is still under the skin pushing causing alot of pain...

So i cant use a door..

-rep for not thinking comment out...

-Jango

Only thing I have is some pain killers and i called my mom telling her the pain just jumped 10fold in the past 5 minutes so said to take that till i can get some oral-gel tomorrow or what not.. I know the best feeling will be when I get this tooth remove and I can stomp on it for causing me pain

Muffincat
10-09-2010, 09:49 PM
Have you tried:

Over-the-counter pain relievers may help if the impacted tooth causes discomfort. Warm salt water (one-half teaspoon of salt in one cup of water) or over-the-counter mouthwashes may be soothing to the gums.

Impacted tooth: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia (http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001057.htm)

You've probably googled the crap out of this, but the salt water thing might help a little. I did that a lot when I got my wisdom teeth out, and it helped a bit.

I'm sorry; I hope you find something :/ Tooth pain is the worst..

Jokersvirus
10-09-2010, 09:54 PM
I might go try the mouthwash thing

I am drinking room temp water and it seems to help some

glenofimaal
10-09-2010, 10:06 PM
Perhaps take some motrin or advil.... just some type of pain reliever

Jokersvirus
10-09-2010, 10:08 PM
I took some baer about 10 minutes ago i think its working im not sure..

I hope to god they knock me out, I do not want to see, hear or feel anything during the removal i hate the dentist.

Charlotte
10-09-2010, 10:09 PM
.... Im biting my tongue, but do you not know what impacted means? Means the tooth isnt coming out of the skin it is still under the skin pushing causing alot of pain...

So i cant use a door..

There is nothing to mad about that. I though I can teasing someone but I'm wrong then.
I have worst paint than you're now cause I'm having two (I don't know what we called those thing: It's something like because the effect of drinking less water and causing big stuff on our mouth which is really really paint).

LiNuX
10-09-2010, 10:14 PM
I've felt that pain with my wisdom teeth before, annoying as hell.

The warm water with salt helped me as muffin pointed out along with mouthwash (I used listerine). But these had short term effects, I've used tylenol for longer relief.

I've also heard chewing gum helps, it massages the gum (in your mouth) for some relief although I've never tried it.

There is nothing to mad about that. I though I can teasing someone but I'm wrong then.

He did say he wasn't in the mood...

Jokersvirus
10-09-2010, 10:25 PM
Chewing food makes it painful, and swallowing hurts but when i have water or somethign cold in my mouth its fine. I have 3 wisdom teeth but this is the only one causing me pain, but when i tried to mess with the skin over the impacted tooth and i bought my fingers out of my mouth... It had a smell like it was infected yet I see no infection or rotting.

So I think im in a bit of trouble, from the reading ive done a smell like that means something has gotten into it. But since I have midterms in next week and only one... Thrusday wont come fast enough..

Also I the baer killed in so now i am content with my life. I just hope the oral sugrey person thingy gives me some good drugs so i wont feel anything.