PDA

View Full Version : Anime/Gaming Conventions

Kelranox
10-19-2010, 07:28 AM
I've been to an anime/gaming convention three times in my life, one particular convention that was visited twice. It's actually a really fun experience. It's kind of interesting because in a normal situation, if you're thought of as the nerd in the group, that feeling is instantly dismissed because everyone is the nerd at a convention. I think the main source of intrigue revolving around these conventions is the cosplaying. I've never done it myself, but I hope to change that come March. Sure, it's expensive but I've always been overcome with amazement after having seen someone successfully cosplaying one of my favorite video game characters.

Just to name a couple of conventions that I've visited:

AWA (http://www.awa-con.com/) - This is a really fun con. It's pretty big, but relatively small compared to cons such as Dragoncon or Megacon. I think it's just the right size, though. For this particular convention, I've visited it twice. It was here that I got my first autograph by a voice actor, Troy Baker. (him being the voice of Action Bastard from Shin Chan) AWA always attracts tons of great cosplayers, and overall great people. Besides, you can't beat a Subway cart in the cafeteria ;)

Momocon (http://momocon.moonfruit.com/) - This is the largest free convention in North America. It was also the first convention I went to. I haven't been in a while, but when I did go attendance wasn't near large enough when compared to AWA. That shouldn't ward you away from going, though. As always, everyone was hospitable and the cosplaying was really good. Oh, and just a word of advice from having learned the hard way...NO STANDING IN THE FOUNTAIN!

Shixx
10-19-2010, 09:55 PM
I've never Really been to a GOOD Convention there is none close to me.

I plan on changing that some day though, I love the idea.

Yuuki
10-22-2010, 10:16 AM
I've never been to a gaming convention but I've been to anime cons. (:
I've been to Anime USA in Arlington, Virgina twice and Colossal Con in Ohio once. ^.^
I love them. <3 Mostly because you feel so comfortable there, you know?
Oh! And I love cosplaying. >:3

Kelranox
10-22-2010, 10:19 AM
Oh, I should have mentioned posting pictures of your cosplays. I don't have any just yet but I'm currently contacting someone in getting this done: Click (http://www.icybrian.com/games/chronocross/karsh.jpg)

I'm hoping everything will be done before March 12th. I'm going to have my measurements taken for it today.

Yuuki
10-22-2010, 10:44 AM
I don't have any pics. /: Haha.
But I can get some!
Me and my friend need to get our butts moving and work on our Kingdom Hearts cosplays. x.x

That's gonna look awesomesaucee. (:

Muffincat
10-22-2010, 08:39 PM
OH MY GOSSSHHH KELNAROX LET'S HAVE A GIANT CHRONO CROSS COSPLAYYYYYYYYYYYY XD

I have cosplayed once; I cosplayed Robin from Witch Hunter Robin but I don't have any pics here and I probably wouldn't put them up anyway XD

Kelranox
10-22-2010, 09:23 PM
I don't have any pics. /: Haha.
But I can get some!
Me and my friend need to get our butts moving and work on our Kingdom Hearts cosplays. x.x

That's gonna look awesomesaucee. (:

Nice. Kingdom Hearts is overdone but I can't talk, I've tried portraying Itachi before and while I did have a good resemblance, I didn't have contacts, the proper shoes or the marks under my eyes. It was done out of sheer fandom if nothing else. I don't have a picture of myself in full costume, though.

OH MY GOSSSHHH KELNAROX LET'S HAVE A GIANT CHRONO CROSS COSPLAYYYYYYYYYYYY XD

I have cosplayed once; I cosplayed Robin from Witch Hunter Robin but I don't have any pics here and I probably wouldn't put them up anyway XD

Seriously? Cuz I'm trying to get people together on cosplay.com for a Chrono series cosplay group. If you had any intentions of going to Momocon or AWA next year and have a method of getting a costume, do contact me xD

LemonRising
10-22-2010, 10:51 PM
Only convention I tried to go to was Fan Expo in Toronto, Canada. Ended up not going because of planning fails.

Never really wanted to cosplay, not my thing lol.