PDA

View Full Version : ITT: Ranting

Ilyich Valken
10-23-2010, 09:38 AM
You know what really pisses me the hell off?

When people ***** and moan about a certain game not having enough maps or enough functions and saying "Well, if they would've just waited to waited and release the game a week or two later.." No, that's not how it works. -_- You don't have any clue about the process of making games, and then try and turn it around and down-talk them making DLC every couple of months.

Take Bungie, for example. Reach released with 9 multiplayer maps. One of which (Forge World) has about 3-4 more multiplayers made in it. Not only this, but they have Forge. Through this, they can add any good maps that they've tested that fit the bill, free of charge, without going through Microsoft to do it. However, they still make company-made maps and release them through the marketplace.

Another example is EPIC, they usually put 3+ maps in every map pack, and then usually release huge packs with everything in it for $15 or release a copy of the game with all the DLC (which happens with all GOTY games)

Sure, $10 for 3 maps is a little retarded, but people have shown that they're willing to pay for it, so they'd be fools not to.

However, my point is, if you don't know what goes into making a game, don't ***** when you think that there aren't enough maps or they release more maps every couple of months to try and increase the longevity of their game.

/Rant.

EpsilonX
10-23-2010, 11:09 PM
Lol, well like they wanna get the game out. But then they come up with more maps and add them, obviously for a price. It's business

"Sure, $10 for 3 maps is a little retarded, but people have shown that they're willing to pay for it, so they'd be fools not to."

lolyea. But usually I find 1 or 2 maps that I like the most and just play those ones.

LemonRising
10-24-2010, 12:22 AM
yeahh people can be a little backwards. Unfortunately every thing's not free.

Though I'll never get used to the idea of buying maps. Haven't done it so far (mostly because i dont have any money LOLOLL), but I don't see myself ever doing it. 10 bucks is a lot of money for a few maps. >:
I blame the people buying them for that price. lmfao

Ilyich Valken
10-24-2010, 05:05 PM
Lol, well like they wanna get the game out. But then they come up with more maps and add them, obviously for a price. It's business

"Sure, $10 for 3 maps is a little retarded, but people have shown that they're willing to pay for it, so they'd be fools not to."

lolyea. But usually I find 1 or 2 maps that I like the most and just play those ones.

It's not even really that. For some content, DLC is the ONLY way it'll see the light of day. It could be something that they were working on prior to hitting certification (where they have to put EVERYTHING down and not touch the game at all) that would have just taken too much time to finish, test, and implement into the game. So they put it aside, and look at it later for possible DLC.

yeahh people can be a little backwards. Unfortunately every thing's not free.

Though I'll never get used to the idea of buying maps. Haven't done it so far (mostly because i dont have any money LOLOLL), but I don't see myself ever doing it. 10 bucks is a lot of money for a few maps. >:
I blame the people buying them for that price. lmfao

I'm sort of in the same boat, though hypocritically. I buy them to elongate my experience, so I'm helping contribute to it, but at the same time, I know that the price is ridiculous, but that it isn't going to change.

Then again, while you'd think all DLC should be free, you do have to look at it from both sides... But that's a different topic.

LemonRising
10-24-2010, 06:18 PM
lol i'd never expect them to be free.. but cheaper would be nice. I can buy whole new games for ten bucks. Small games, but still.