PDA

View Full Version : youtube issue?

Kenoi
10-26-2010, 09:35 PM
anyway, I did all that I could to have youtube in Firefox. I updated adobe flash player & that didn't work.. so... here's the question:

do any of you have the issue where sometimes... when you go on youtube & it looks all jumbled? (like the html coding is revealed, and its mostly a blank white empty page with video links & thumbnails)
also, when you set a youtube video on full screen, you get a white screen?
I have no clue, but sometimes I like to watch youtube vids in full screen mode.
maybe its the website?

(btw, I didn't even know where to put this so, I put it in 'post anything')

thanks in advance.

LiNuX
10-26-2010, 11:11 PM
I've had other issues with youtube but nothing like the what you're describing. It's as if the css file never loaded for you - that could cause the page to just appear as links and thumbnails/images without any organization.

No white screen when full screen. Just tested.

And I'm using firefox as well. I tested it on Google Chrome as well, it's fine.

The only issue I have right now with youtube is that their annotation links stopped working - I know for a fact that it's not just me and that they're having issues. Maybe their latest update went bad which is causing your problems and the ones I'm experiencing.

Charlotte
10-27-2010, 02:03 AM
Not just you but also meh got the same problem before.
Some of the reason which is not reasonably real (come from my head), maybe due to your slow internet (sometime does happen although your internet might be fast) connectivity. Or could it's be that youtube have server problem at that time. (who know)

Beside that, it could be due to your browser problem (just maybe), or mainly because of your cookies and stuff like that.

jango
10-27-2010, 04:05 AM
Aye Kenoi, I've had this happen occasionally too. Apparently it's a 'known bug' that parses stylesheets incorrectly and therefore messing up the page display every now and then. On a positive note 'Bug 471758' is something they've flagged to be fixed in Firefox 4.

- Example screenshot (https://bug471758.bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=355015)

- Bug 471758 (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=471758)

Kenoi
10-27-2010, 08:50 AM
so jango, all I could do is just wait? I've cleared my cookies, & done all that jazz to begin with already.
and that example screenshot, yes, its exactly like that sometimes.

Ilyich Valken
10-27-2010, 09:45 AM
I've had problems with Youtube, but it's a slightly different one. Whether I'm in Firefox 4 or 3.6.11, it tells me "There's been an error with this video, try again later." Haven't bothered trying it with IE.

jango
10-27-2010, 10:01 AM
so jango, all I could do is just wait? I've cleared my cookies, & done all that jazz to begin with already.
and that example screenshot, yes, its exactly like that sometimes.

Aye, I thought you'd recognise the screenie. I sometimes just close FF, re-open and refresh .. that tends to shake it into order. It's quite random though .. but yeah .. ultimately they're aiming to iron out that issue after the beta/release of FF4.

It's an error with the browser rather than with any temporary files (cookies, temp internet files etc) on your PC.