PDA

View Full Version : Mission : get new memebers

Linx_is_me
10-31-2010, 10:31 PM
I am going to spread the word about GF , By flooding IRC. I am sending people the link to our IRC ,So if they seem confused as to why they are there . Try to explain about the forum . Be friendly to the confused people.

LiNuX
10-31-2010, 10:37 PM
Just don't spam the name...can't have the forum associated with spam.

Good luck.

jango
10-31-2010, 10:38 PM
I am going to spread the word about GF , By flooding IRC. I am sending people the link to our IRC ,So if they seem confused as to why they are there . Try to explain about the forum . Be friendly to the confused people.

Hmm, not sure that's wise mate. Flooding tends to A. annoy people, B. Get you g-lined, and C. attract flooders. I like the intention behind the idea, but not sure if this is a good/productive way to spread the GF word :)

Linx_is_me
10-31-2010, 10:42 PM
Well , maybe... did I did not think it fully through but the damage is done .Just hope for the best I guess. A new guy is in irc talking to linux right now you should join .

jango
10-31-2010, 10:45 PM
Nah .. I'm winding down for bed now :p

LiNuX
10-31-2010, 10:46 PM
ok...just be careful when spreading the word. We don't tolerate spam on the forum and we definitely don't want others to associate our community with the 's' word.

But I appreciate your enthusiasm on helping the forum grow. You'd be better off just spreading the word to your friends and family rather than sending out mass messages to people. It has a higher rate of success and I can confirm that from experience.

Linx_is_me
10-31-2010, 10:48 PM
I am just putting it up on my own internet groups

Jaykub
11-01-2010, 12:07 AM
Good luck getting the users.. Just get the right users.

Linx_is_me
11-01-2010, 12:47 AM
Thats the plan , I was just posting this so if some random people join IRC . You can better help me them out .