PDA

View Full Version : Stand up Attempt # 2 Girls are like Pokemon Cards

Linx_is_me
11-02-2010, 12:49 AM
You may or may not remember my Stand up on guitar hero I had put up under my youthism account . Please keep in mind that this does sound better when I say it myself . I have edited it so it should be clean enough for this forum , now then lets give this thing a go . I am all open for your thoughts and comments. If it is not funny feel free to tell me . I am ready for the Criticism so I can get better also though I do think this probably sounds better when I say It myself .

Stand Up
Girls are like pokemon Cards ( rough Draft 1)
Back in highschool there was always different types of girls and they were like pokemon cards , The common ones and the rares then there is the duplicates.
There are the duplicates , Aka the white girls ,... all freaking white girls look the same . I mean the ones with the blonde hair and a hoodie that is too small to claim i is on for te warmth , which by the way is kinda funny to see them in the cold Grapsing both sides ... Are you warm ... yeah and I look super hot ...know you look cold ....
anyways then you have the commons , which is the emo kids , Goth .. its like getting a caterpi card ... all you serius people out there are starting think ... Why The F%#@ iam i listening to this guy and his castraitpe cards ... anyways . These emo kids come in bunches they all want to be important but in the end they are only one of 150 or after the johto seres 1 of 600 or something . Then you got you Rare's these are the girls that are soo randomly out of place but super special . The ones you want to show all your friends like a shiny ri chu card . Just so proud you found it then there is the ripped and torn cards, the ones who have outlived there coolness , AKA all the pregger chicks , they have already been ripped and torn no more room for the friendly abuse . And there you have it why girls are like pokemon cards , plus it is also super easy to turn anything with pokemon into a innuendo.

ok thanks I hope you will vote on the pool and maybe give me a comment .

jango
11-02-2010, 09:01 AM
I liked the idea of this Other, but the delivery was pretty bad. Personally I didn't find it very funny, but more an interesting observation. Did you rush it?

Linx_is_me
11-02-2010, 10:51 AM
I kind of just put it out there ya , It took me know longer then maybe 10 minutes . I will do another but put more effort into this . Thanks for reading it and to all who voted . Thanks , I got to work on this so I can get my funny vote higher .

Aniki
11-02-2010, 12:10 PM
'Girls' on GF, like Damage and Lemons, will rage you. Ahah just kidding (not, run away while you can).
It looks good, was it you who thought of this? I'm looking forward to see your other stand up jokes =D

jango
11-02-2010, 12:25 PM
Aye that's one of things I meant when I said 'delivery' .. it's about as sophisticated in delivery as a velvet sledgehammer ..

Diligence109
11-02-2010, 12:47 PM
Aye that's one of things I meant when I said 'delivery' .. it's about as sophisticated in delivery as a velvet sledgehammer ..

now THAT'S funny XD

jango said pretty much what I wanted to say after reading this... you've got some ideas in here and some conceptually funny comparisons, but there's no art to the delivery to frame the concepts in a way that paints them comedically. jango, of course, said that in a way that makes a lot more sense and used half as many words... but hey, it would be a shame if I were to comment and be out of character.

Muffincat
11-02-2010, 12:56 PM
'Girls' on GF, like Damage and Lemons, will rage you. Ahah just kidding (not, run away while you can).
It looks good, was it you who thought of this? I'm looking forward to see your other stand up jokes =D

lawl you clearly have not been on this forum long :P

everyone knows muffin is the one who rages at sexist comments/jokes :3

also, yeah, not funny :3 sorry :3

Jokersvirus
11-02-2010, 01:59 PM
Ehh, its ok but you would offend some people. What is the theme of your stand up? if you dont know figure it out and run with that. Like... all the comedians that come to my college have a theme of college and police jokes.

Aniki
11-02-2010, 02:48 PM
lawl you clearly have not been on this forum long :P

everyone knows muffin is the one who rages at sexist comments/jokes :3

also, yeah, not funny :3 sorry :3

Sorry, Muffin, I made this reply in like 1 minutes (i was in a rush) and totally forgot about you. I just said a couple of them, and done, xD Sorryyyyyyyyy

Remake: The Amazing Muffincat, Damdam and Lemons will hunt you down other. RUN!

Morticia
11-02-2010, 02:55 PM
Sorry, Muffin, I made this reply in like 1 minutes (i was in a rush) and totally forgot about you. I just said a couple of them, and done, xD Sorryyyyyyyyy

Remake: The Amazing Muffincat, Damdam and Lemons will hunt you down other. RUN!

Lol, I've been away for so long none of the newcomers know who I am >.<

Anywho, Other, the idea was solid, like Jango said, but the delivery was... poor.
It seemed like you were forcing it, didn't flow very well from one idea to the next. And if you work on your grammar with it a little better then it may fix some of the flow issues.
^.^

Aniki
11-02-2010, 03:00 PM
I said, all the 'girls' in GF, like...

I just said some, don't get mad at me anymore =(

Morticia
11-02-2010, 03:04 PM

Lol, I'm not mad. ^.^ Just noting that no one knows who I am anymore O_O My DoooOOom has faded.

jango
11-02-2010, 03:06 PM
My DoooOOom has faded.

NEVAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHHHHHHHHH!!!111

I couldn't think of GF without your doom .. and I refuse to consider it dwindling. REFUSE!

EpsilonX
11-02-2010, 03:22 PM
I kind of just put it out there ya , It took me know longer then maybe 10 minutes . I will do another but put more effort into this . Thanks for reading it and to all who voted . Thanks , I got to work on this so I can get my funny vote higher .

try making it an actual video. But personally I only find stand-up funny if its done like how Mitch Hedberg does it: a bunch of one-liners that tie together.

Dess
11-02-2010, 03:22 PM
I'm actually not offended... mainly because he said "girls" and I have been a woman for quite awhile... but with that being said.. my retort is this...

I always thought men were like cats. HEAR ME OUT MUFFIN!!!!

Ahem. Men are like cats for a few reasons....

No matter how much you train them, they always miss the litter box.
They rub up against you one day and then act like they've never seen you before the next.
They leave all those little hairs on your bed... ( gross )
If they make a mess, they just leave the room and pretend it's not there.
They have their own agenda... which may or may not include you.
They groom themselves in front of company.
They disappear for days on end, and then show back up like nothing ever happened.

and... just about the time you're ready to throw them outside... they do something incredibly cute....

jango
11-02-2010, 03:24 PM
lmao .. aye .. I think Damage just gave a good lesson in how to do it .. nice!

.. and mostly true :p

EpsilonX
11-02-2010, 04:16 PM
I'm actually not offended... mainly because he said "girls" and I have been a woman for quite awhile... but with that being said.. my retort is this...

I always thought men were like cats. HEAR ME OUT MUFFIN!!!!

Ahem. Men are like cats for a few reasons....

No matter how much you train them, they always miss the litter box.
They rub up against you one day and then act like they've never seen you before the next.
They leave all those little hairs on your bed... ( gross )
If they make a mess, they just leave the room and pretend it's not there.
They have their own agenda... which may or may not include you.
They groom themselves in front of company.
They disappear for days on end, and then show back up like nothing ever happened.

and... just about the time you're ready to throw them outside... they do something incredibly cute....

you act like that's a bad thing?

Muffincat
11-02-2010, 04:40 PM

I'm just teasing :P

and I don't think any of us are mad. I just don't think it's funny o.o

Linx_is_me
11-02-2010, 05:47 PM
lol I read all of these post ,
@ Aniki yes I came up with this , I made another one but it was to rank to put up on gamers forum .
@ Morti I am not a new comer you just use to hate me on my old account XD which to keep the happyness I will not say what it was .
and @ jango and Dili
Thanks I think I have learned a bit from this , and my next one should be better .
@ Eps , I should record them yes ...my cam broke ....need a new one . I will play mgo with you later this week I have work a lot this week .

Morticia
11-02-2010, 08:29 PM
lol I read all of these post ,
@ Aniki yes I came up with this , I made another one but it was to rank to put up on gamers forum .
@ Morti I am not a new comer you just use to hate me on my old account XD which to keep the happyness I will not say what it was .
and @ jango and Dili
Thanks I think I have learned a bit from this , and my next one should be better .
@ Eps , I should record them yes ...my cam broke ....need a new one . I will play mgo with you later this week I have work a lot this week .

Ahem.. Other... I was talking to/about Aniki. Not you.
/facepalm

Linx_is_me
11-03-2010, 10:37 AM
>< I get more facepalm then any other user I know lol , You guys use that term like wow'ers use the term Noob .

jcmcdo12
11-03-2010, 05:10 PM
And then theres those cards like the charizard card that make you look at the value of them in a whole new way

Dess
11-03-2010, 05:43 PM
And then theres those cards like the charizard card that make you look at the value of them in a whole new way

+rep for making Damage have a huge smile. Very well said. ^_^

jcmcdo12
11-04-2010, 07:18 PM
thank you damage ;-)