PDA

View Full Version : what?

Kenoi
11-02-2010, 08:26 PM
hmm. I don't know where to put this cause I got 2 things to say. true stories, it just happened today...

I just got done upgrading my ps3 hard drive, 40gb to 250gb, I could have went higher than that, but I thought it was enough. although it was a difficult process, I tried my best not to strip the screws holding the hard drive. OR I could have went & bought a ps3 slim with the 250gb built into it already, but oh well. so I hope my ps3 will last long, I've heard many other stories that after upgrading, ps3's dont even last a year. so they had to sacrifice getting a whole new unit... (which is pretty dumb, there must be a solution) I'm just not sure, they could be rumors...

anyway, a few minutes ago, a friend just called me saying he had the red/yellow light of doom. I asked him if he played his ps3 for a long amount of time, & he says, he hardly goes over 5 hours of gameplay. (maybe he's lying) so what he did was buy a new unit from Target, and he's getting the 160gb ps3 slim.
which brings up this question:

For you ps3 owners out there, how do you PREVENT the 'red/yellow light of doom'?
I've had mine since August of this year, & I don't really plan on replacing old with new...

Ilyich Valken
11-02-2010, 08:31 PM
Don't really think there is a way. It's just like the RROD in the old 360 models. That one error covered what could be several problems, so it's hard to say.

WobbleSock
11-03-2010, 01:53 AM
There are a lot of different websites with information on how to keep your PS3 in good condition, just Google it & you will get way more information than you could get from us.

A big tip though is to keep your PS3 in a well ventilated spot & clean it regularly of dust, you don't want your PS3 overheating because there is so much dust clogged up in there.