PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Iceskater101
11-14-2010, 07:47 PM
I AM SO PSYCHED!
I love Harry Potter and unfortuntely I didn't get midnight tickets to Harry Potter, but I am probably going to see it this week hopefully
but I am excited
I love the books and I just finished the 6th one this weekend (been rereading them all) so now I have the 7th to reread probably won't do that in time for the movie but whatever
I like how they are doing two parts b/c the movies will have way more detail but they should release the parts a month later so I don't forget what happens

but anyways I AM EXCITED
just wondering if there were any other Harry Potter fanss :)

jango
11-14-2010, 07:48 PM
I'm not a fan really .. but the films aren't bad. I can't stomach JK Rowling though.

As for the new film .. my God .. we're flooded with ads for it EVERYWHERE right now, you can't escape!

Jaykub
11-14-2010, 07:56 PM
I can't wait to see it ^_^

LiNuX
11-14-2010, 07:57 PM
NYC is flooded with the ads too. On buses, bus stands, bus seats, bus terminals, bus drivers....

Oh and on TV too.

I saw all the other movies because I have friends and family that like them so I usually tag along but I would never try to get midnight tickets for it.

insert_cliche_here
11-14-2010, 08:16 PM
Yay Harry Potter! I like to watch the movies because complaining is one of my favourite things to do (like Uncle Vernon) and boy do I get a lot of mileage out of those flicks :D
It opens here on Thursday and I will definitely be dragging my boyfriend along to a 9:30 session. And no doubt be spending an hour afterwards explaining it to him because I don't see how any one who hasn't read the books will understand it, you know, since they kinda completely left out anything about Horcurxes, and pretty much anything about Voldermort in the 6th movie.
:D So to answer you query, yes, there are Harry Potter fans here. I'm a HUGE one. Yay!

WobbleSock
11-15-2010, 12:18 AM
I love the books, but the only Harry Potter movies that were good was the first & second one. Not holding my breath for this one, but I will definitely go watch it anyways.

Charlotte
11-15-2010, 02:30 AM
I don't read the book. But I'm truly HP no.1 fan. I'm excited bout this too. I heard about it on MTV. :D

Iceskater101
11-18-2010, 05:24 PM
yah I am psyched
I think I am going to see it tomorrow like at around seven
but yeah super super stoked!
ahhhh! :)

insert_cliche_here
11-18-2010, 09:59 PM
So what'd you think? I saw it last night and spent a good two hours afterwards explaining it to my boyfriend (who hasn't read the books) and complaining about everything I hated. My brain is trying to tell my fingers to type some examples of things I didn't like, but I must have control. Do not get me started.
Overall, for the movie that it was I enjoyed it. It was quite funny at times too, which I, understood. Yes. I understand why it needed to have those funny parts in it, but I didn't like them, oh god! MUST NOT CONTINUE!
What does every one else think of it?

TonyTone
01-04-2011, 10:54 PM
I haven't read any of the books. But i've seen all the movies. I can't wait to see part 2! I just didn't like how everybody was all over facebook giving away a certain part of the movie lol. So when it was time for it to happen in the movie, i was like "oh...here comes THAT part everybody was talking about on facebook lol.

Jayhmmz
01-04-2011, 10:56 PM
The book, as always, shat on the film. Although deathly hallows part 1 shat all over half blood prince film.

LysiaMoon
01-08-2011, 06:50 AM
Right.
So don't kill me but I was mega disappointed with the film.
It was like the same thing being repeated over and over.
The book was better, however I do think that the 'Harry Potter Spark' ran out after
the Goblet of Fire. I think that it was drawn out too much and it could have been filtered
and condensed into something more effective. Having said that, it is what it is and
J.K Rowling is a very talented woman. I've just grown bored, I feel we need something
fresh!!! I really hope all you HP fans loved it though! :)

Lots of love
Lysia
Xxxx

Jayhmmz
01-08-2011, 07:01 AM
Right.
So don't kill me but I was mega disappointed with the film.
It was like the same thing being repeated over and over.
The book was better, however I do think that the 'Harry Potter Spark' ran out after
the Goblet of Fire. I think that it was drawn out too much and it could have been filtered
and condensed into something more effective. Having said that, it is what it is and
J.K Rowling is a very talented woman. I've just grown bored, I feel we need something
fresh!!! I really hope all you HP fans loved it though! :)

Lots of love
Lysia
Xxxx

I agree, the books are always better than the films, but Half Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows even more so! I was left a little let down. If I hadn't of read the book before I watched the film, I think I would have liked it even less...

I also agree with the Goblet of Fire being the last proper Harry Potter feeling film. Hasn't got that spark at all now, it's gone a bit too dark, I know the books did too, but the films just go over-board and dramatise it too much.

osamahatem
01-09-2011, 02:24 PM
I agree with everyone who thinks that the books are better than the movies. I am a hardcore fan of Harry Potter. I think the second part of the movie will be the best HP movie. I have the 7 books on my computer and i also have some extras:
1- Fantastic Beasts and where to find them.
2- Quidditch through the ages.
3- Chapter 0: It's a single page written in JK Rowling's handwriting, you can say it's a prequel she's NOT working on but it's interesting, mysterious and makes you ask yourself a lot of questions.
All this in pdf format BTW. The books are great and i like them a lot.

BlackPhazor
01-11-2011, 08:28 PM
I haven't watched it yet. I've read all the books, but I am always disappointed in the movies. They change and mix up so much from the books to the movies, it's almost like it's an entirely new story.

Jayhmmz
01-11-2011, 09:24 PM
Indeed. Half Blood Prince was a massive let down, I can't get over it. The film was so effing boring compared to the book, the book was epix!

osamahatem
01-12-2011, 01:35 PM
I haven't watched it yet. I've read all the books, but I am always disappointed in the movies. They change and mix up so much from the books to the movies, it's almost like it's an entirely new story.

Yes i agree that some parts were skipped and mixed up but that doesn't mean that the movies are bad. They have to do so to be able to fit, or i should say, "compress" the whole story in the movie's duration.

I also agree that the Half-Blood Prince was the worst movie of the series.

BlackPhazor
01-12-2011, 03:27 PM
Yes i agree that some parts were skipped and mixed up but that doesn't mean that the movies are bad. They have to do so to be able to fit, or i should say, "compress" the whole story in the movie's duration.

I also agree that the Half-Blood Prince was the worst movie of the series.

Yes, the movies are kind of enjoyable, but compared to the books, there really is no contest. I mean, I'm more willing to read a 700-page Harry Potter book rather than see the movie.

Jayhmmz
01-12-2011, 04:28 PM
Is it just me, or is Daniel Radcliffe actually a REALLY bad and annoying actor?

insert_cliche_here
01-12-2011, 07:57 PM
Is it just me, or is Daniel Radcliffe actually a REALLY bad and annoying actor?

Oh please can we turn this into a Dan Radcliffe hate thread? He is useless. Has anyone seen December Boys? Anyone who's unsure about his acting abilities should watch that. You won't be left in doubt for long.

Jayhmmz
01-12-2011, 08:06 PM
Oh please can we turn this into a Dan Radcliffe hate thread? He is useless. Has anyone seen December Boys? Anyone who's unsure about his acting abilities should watch that. You won't be left in doubt for long.

Is that the film where he is dressed all smart and stuff, and he is in the woods at one point? I seen some trailers and previews for that on a movie news program on Sky Movies, but didn't give it that much attention to be fair.

To put it bluntly, he is a gash actor.

insert_cliche_here
01-12-2011, 08:18 PM
I don't think so.... He's an orphan with three other orphans who get to go on a holiday to the beach and they all hope that the family that live there will adopt one of them. He also has a coming of age romance with a local girl. It's a pretty terrible movie to begin with.

Anyway, I'm not sure what 'gash actor' means, but if my Australian way of interpreting it is correct, LOL! I agree :D

Jayhmmz
01-12-2011, 08:32 PM
Well I'm British, so our slang terms for things being bad relate, more often than not. If you're thinking of gash being the very strong, slang terminology for vagina, then yes, you're correct :P

insert_cliche_here
01-12-2011, 08:44 PM
Lolololol. Great minds think alike :D

p.s. oh how this thread has deteriorated

Jayhmmz
01-12-2011, 10:27 PM
Indeed, both in political correctness and topic :P

Raoul
01-13-2011, 02:00 AM
Would is really be worth watching or is it actually best to watch it when part 2 is also out.

Jayhmmz
01-13-2011, 11:02 AM
If you have no big urge to go and watch it, then I would wait for Part 2 and watch them together, because Part 1 is left on a bastard of a cliff hanger.

Raoul
01-31-2011, 03:58 AM
Okay cool i'll wait for the second part to come out and then i'll watch them both:D:D

sunexim
02-22-2011, 11:09 PM
I am big fan of Harry Potter Movies.

Jayhmmz
02-23-2011, 09:41 AM
I am big fan of Harry Potter Movies.

Epic bump!

insert_cliche_here
02-23-2011, 07:34 PM
OotP was on tv the other night. I watched a little bit and was like "Emma Watson, you are totes hot, chill out" and then a few minutes later I was like "Stop overacting you crazy *****!" at Helena Boham Carter and my boyfriend was at the computer and he was like "What the hell are you going off about?"

It was funny.

Yasdnil
02-28-2011, 07:36 AM
I love the books, but the only Harry Potter movies that were good was the first & second one. Not holding my breath for this one, but I will definitely go watch it anyways.

Got to agree with you there WobbleSock. The first two or three were great, but I've lost interest in them now. Only one more to go.....

priya12
05-01-2011, 08:55 PM
Harry Potter the Deathly Hallow is an interesting movie .I like this movie.Now I am waiting for its Part-2 Really ,It is an awesome movie.I watch it many times...........