View Full Version : somethin that angers me

EpsilonX
11-15-2010, 09:28 AM
"You say 50 Cent, I say SimplePlan

You say Kanye, I say Sum41

You say Soulja Boy, I say Bullet For My Valentine

You say Miley Cyrus, I say GreenDay

You say Britney Spears, i say Spineshank

You say Jonas Brothers, i say YOU ******!

92 % of kids have turned to rap, pop, and hip hop. If your one of the 8 % who like to headbang and ROCK OUT, copy and paste to 4 videos. Unless your one thats scared to stand up for real music"

so they insult commercial rap/pop artists, and post a bunch of commercial rock artists. It's like....if you're gonna do that at least use good artists.

Jokersvirus
11-15-2010, 09:47 AM
I Would rather listen to those rock bands than those crappy rap,etc etc, "artists" listed.

EpsilonX
11-15-2010, 10:40 AM
well i mean it's a step up, but still

Th3-devils-princess
11-15-2010, 11:00 AM
i love all music :) :) :) :) its a huge part of my life :) :) :)

im a head banging chick hehe :) :) :) :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIRNdveLnJI

:) :) :) hehe :) :)

HamadaLFC8
11-15-2010, 02:39 PM
Seriously rap nowadays is ridiculous, it's all about money, sex, and cars ... wtf?

RecreationalGamer
11-15-2010, 03:08 PM
hmm...

Both styles of music you mention use audio compression, which basically sterilizes any quality sound that was ever recorded.

Recorded music in general is terrible, mainly because it all uses audio compression, as well as other effects that manipulate the true audio into something entirely different (electronically changed).

Even Live Audio uses audio compression, which hinders much of what comes from the guitar amps you hear in rock-out music.

I'm pretty much against audio compression in general. If you can't play at a volume that doesn't have to be compressed in order to sound tolerable, perhaps you should get a day job. lol

Seriously rap nowadays is ridiculous, it's all about money, sex, and cars ... wtf?

Not really...

EpsilonX
11-15-2010, 08:21 PM
You'd get along well with Steve Wilson lmao. he's the vocalist/guitarist/songwriter/founding member for porcupine tree and is like extremely against compression

but that doesn't really have anything to do with the genres...

Diligence109
11-15-2010, 08:34 PM
Turn Me Up! | Bringing Dynamics Back To Music (http://turnmeup.org/)

the "Loudness war" with compression has been an interesting debate for a while now. I'm not going to say too much on the issue as I've a very deep and developed opinion for working so extensively in the industry... but I'm for reversing some of the damage over compression has done to music. It's hard to do it to too much of a degree because on most consumer speakers higher compression sounds better, especially to the untrained ear, and makes a better master... but I'm not going to get into it.

This thread looks very much like a thread you would make, Eps XD

RecreationalGamer
11-15-2010, 09:28 PM
You'd get along well with Steve Wilson lmao. he's the vocalist/guitarist/songwriter/founding member for porcupine tree and is like extremely against compression

but that doesn't really have anything to do with the genres...

lol, true...

EpsilonX
11-15-2010, 10:02 PM
For example, this place I usually go to for concerts, normally not that great. But that band played there and I heard it sounded absolutely perfect (i didnt go)

OMFG Its Barbie
11-15-2010, 10:11 PM
Im more into hardore metal music, most of the crap they make now is weak.

ps if ever see justin beiber in person... imma kick him in the nuts for general principle cause hes a retard

... end rant.

EpsilonX
11-15-2010, 10:16 PM
Im more into hardore metal music, most of the crap they make now is weak.

ps if ever see justin beiber in person... imma kick him in the nuts for general principle cause hes a retard

... end rant.

list some bands and we'll see if you're my new favorite member

OMFG Its Barbie
11-15-2010, 10:21 PM
-all shall perish
-all that remains
-as i lay dying
-droid
-job for a cowboy
-did you mean australia (local band round here)
-chimaria
-deftones
-metallia (gotta respect old school)
-devil wears prada
-rob zombie
-black dahlia murder

...did i pass lol

Jaykub
11-15-2010, 10:26 PM
-all shall perish
-all that remains
-as i lay dying
-droid
-job for a cowboy
-chimaria
-deftones
-devil wears prada
-rob zombie
-black dahlia murder

...did i pass lol

You win :D :D

OMFG Its Barbie
11-15-2010, 10:29 PM
whooo hooo!

Jaykub
11-15-2010, 10:32 PM
whooo hooo!

You should click the chat room link in my sig and come talk to us sometime :P

EpsilonX
11-16-2010, 03:21 PM
-all shall perish
-all that remains
-as i lay dying
-droid
-job for a cowboy
-chimaria
-deftones
-devil wears prada
-rob zombie
-black dahlia murder

Ftw. too bad you're engaged. =[

OMFG Its Barbie
11-16-2010, 03:31 PM
Ftw. too bad you're engaged. =[

lol you gona come to ohio and sweep me off my feet?

Linx_is_me
11-16-2010, 03:35 PM
has ugre to say a funny comeback ,
but i love a lot of the bands eps posted . I also like a few that barbie posted .

EpsilonX
11-16-2010, 08:51 PM

You know it :)

Samus-Fan
11-16-2010, 08:59 PM
Is this member 4 or 5 from Ohio?
I think 7.

I like some of the bands listed in that youtube thing, but I hate when people talk about "commercial"
Some might be. A lot might be. Doesn't effect whether or not they have good music.
I'd prefer Chuck from Sum 41 over City of Evil from Avenged Sevenfold most of the time.

EpsilonX
11-16-2010, 10:06 PM
all of those bands ARE commercial though. I mean, it'd be one thing if they said "you say jonas brothers I say the Beatles, you say jay Z i say queen, you say etc i say pink floyd" cuz while commercial those are all highly skilled and influential bands. But then "you say hannah montana i say fall out boy" or something, that's like okay pop vs pop with guitars. You say Fall Out Boy, I say Misfits.

btw, i think angers is the wrong word. more like sorta bothers me when i see it.