PDA

View Full Version : What is the number one reason people are banned from GF

Metallica1983
11-20-2010, 08:28 AM
just curious because I've been seeing a lot more people being banned

jango
11-20-2010, 08:34 AM
Dunno why this needs a poll really ..

.. the simple answer is bots, duplicate accounts, or abusing other standard GF rules with alarming regularity.

/poll :p

EpsilonX
11-20-2010, 08:37 AM
most of the bans we see here are from people who come on here and make a whole bunch of useless posts, then pimp their site. Sometimes you'll get rude responses when the rules are being referred to.

jango
11-20-2010, 08:42 AM
most of the bans we see here are from people who come on here and make a whole bunch of useless posts, then pimp their site. Sometimes you'll get rude responses when the rules are being referred to.

That's not actually true - the vast majority I see tend to be for duplicate/spam accounts these days that only occasionally relate to web sites or advertising. It used to be a little different, but that was some time ago.

Aniki
11-20-2010, 09:08 AM
I voted for Spamming, but maybe I should have voten for Other, since the number one cause for being banned from GF is breaking the rules, like: Advertising (out of the right forum), Rage posts (like Evan) and other things related.

Ilyich Valken
11-20-2010, 09:14 AM

.. the simple answer is bots, duplicate accounts, or abusing other standard GF rules with alarming regularity.

Well, in a way, duplicate accounts could be considered spam. And to some extent, bots.

jango
11-20-2010, 09:25 AM
Well, in a way, duplicate accounts could be considered spam. And to some extent, bots.

Well yes, if they always happened the same way .. sometimes it can be more devious than simply being 'spam'.

Th3-devils-princess
11-20-2010, 10:08 AM
I voted for Spamming, but maybe I should have voten for Other, since the number one cause for being banned from GF is breaking the rules, like: Advertising (out of the right forum), Rage posts (like Evan) and other things related.

Lol I agree lol I sort of thought about that after lol :) :) :)

EpsilonX
11-20-2010, 11:06 AM
Well, breaking the rules is obviously the number 1 reason for being banned...the rules are guidelines of what you cannot do, and to enforce the rules you ban people. But I think the most common one is forms of spam. I've seen like 5 people rage and get banned for it, but i see countless people banned for spamming. and yes, advertising is spam here unless you follow the rules

Aniki
11-20-2010, 11:44 AM
The people have spoken.
The Rules by Linux can not be countered.

Jaykub
11-20-2010, 12:36 PM
Because they be stealin our cake D:

Diligence109
11-20-2010, 01:48 PM

this

I think we can safely say that about 90% of the bans are people or bots that spam affilate/advertisement links.

Charlotte
11-20-2010, 09:34 PM
It should be spamming, making duplicate accounts and posting link while they got less than 10 posts.

Linx_is_me
11-21-2010, 12:57 AM
My user name is a choice ..... XD..