PDA

View Full Version : Limbo...

RecreationalGamer
11-21-2010, 11:10 PM
Well just took Fable III back to Blockbuster. Still a little stale on CODMW2, despise Halo Reach, don't wanna go all the way back to Halo 3 or below, and I don't have any mad cash to fork over to another rental for the week. *sigh*

I'm in limbo.

Don't know what to do. I only have the 360 hooked up, everything else is stored away and...I...don't really wanna pull out the PS1. I think I may have a PS2 somewhere but all I have is GTA and that game makes me feel lonely after playing it too long lol

Maybe I'll just NetFlix it up with my lady this week.

LOL sorry MODS I meant to ask:

Does anyone have any suggestions that will keep me occupied for about a week?

EpsilonX
11-21-2010, 11:52 PM
go on xbox live and download a lot of demos, play them all, and see if you want to get any of the games while also keeping yourself sort of entertained.

Linx_is_me
11-22-2010, 12:10 AM
go on xbox live and download a lot of demos, play them all, and see if you want to get any of the games while also keeping yourself sort of entertained.

I do this :)

WobbleSock
11-22-2010, 12:13 AM
Bad Company 2 is a absolutely fantastic game. You should get it. I would also suggest Medal of Honor, but the Xbox 360 version isn't patched so no point in getting it.

RecreationalGamer
11-22-2010, 12:27 AM
Bad Company 2 is a absolutely fantastic game. You should get it. I would also suggest Medal of Honor, but the Xbox 360 version isn't patched so no point in getting it.

Thanks,

But like I said I don't have any mad cash to be putting towards renting another game for about a week or two. I'll definitely keep those in mind when I get the chance to grab one, but...I dunno I feel like I might be too spoiled by COD to play another army-like FPS.

Is there anything about BC2 that's really outstanding?

I was thinking my next rental will either be Assassin's Creed Brohood or Need for Speed Hot Pursuit.

WobbleSock
11-22-2010, 12:32 AM
Well, the biggest difference it has to other FPS games is that it has a destructable environment; meaning that if a bunch of enemies are in a building, I can opt to either go inside and kill them all, or get into a tank and bring the building down ontop of them.

Multiple times I have been in the building for cover, occasionally firing out the window and healing my team mates, only to have it all collapse on top of us in a dramatic fashion.

There is also a fair few vehicles, including attack helicopters which you can fly.

RecreationalGamer
11-22-2010, 12:34 AM
it has a destructable environment.

Did you say it has a destructable environment?

Hmm....that changes things.

jango
11-22-2010, 12:34 AM
Aye the scale is the biggest divider over other online shooters .. Wobble is right on the other aspects .. the destructable stuff is a LOT of fun no matter what class you choose too hehe.

I'd make some recommendations but I see you're mostly looking for console stuff. I'm sure a few people will suggest stuff taht isn't ultranew/ultra expensive though.

RecreationalGamer
11-22-2010, 12:37 AM
Aye the scale is the biggest divider over other online shooters .. Wobble is right on the other aspects .. the destructable stuff is a LOT of fun no matter what class you choose too hehe.

I'd make some recommendations but I see you're mostly looking for console stuff. I'm sure a few people will suggest stuff taht isn't ultranew/ultra expensive though.

Yup, I'm a 360 playa. Had a brand new gaming PC somewhere between 2004 and 05 with call of duty 2. that was a such a great experience. the sound was so crisp. epic warfare too. Got on Xfire (?), but eventually the computer got moved around and eventually just stopped working lol I have no idea.

But it's okay, cause it's 2010 and that computer is probably already be obsolete in gaming.

jango
11-22-2010, 12:41 AM
Yup, I'm a 360 playa. Had a brand new gaming PC somewhere between 2004 and 05 with call of duty 2. that was a such a great experience. the sound was so crisp. epic warfare too. Got on Xfire (?), but eventually the computer got moved around and eventually just stopped working lol I have no idea.

But it's okay, cause it's 2010 and that computer is probably already be obsolete in gaming.

you never know .. mine's not all that hot, and probably quite average :p

good luck with the hunt though

WobbleSock
11-22-2010, 12:41 AM
Yeah, I am still surprised at the scale of it. There is one map where the Attacking Team come down from this snowy mountain onto the enemy base, and the mountain is covered with tree's which means plenty of cover for Bush Wookies [Bush Wookie is BadCompanese for the Recon Class, which is a Sniper]. In a matter of minutes, all the trees were destroyed by people on the machine guns and some using C4. It was pretty strange, looking at the treeless mountain side....at least they couldn't snipe us.

Speaking of Bush Wookies, there is also gravity in the game. Meaning that if you are a Sniper, you will have to aim a bit higher at a target at further range because of bullet drop. Also, the bullet has to travel so if the enemy is running you have to aim infront of them. It will be a bit difficult at first, but you will get used to it.

RecreationalGamer
11-22-2010, 12:47 AM
Yeah, I am still surprised at the scale of it. There is one map where the Attacking Team come down from this snowy mountain onto the enemy base, and the mountain is covered with tree's which means plenty of cover for Bush Wookies [Bush Wookie is BadCompanese for the Recon Class, which is a Sniper]. In a matter of minutes, all the trees were destroyed by people on the machine guns and some using C4. It was pretty strange, looking at the treeless mountain side....at least they couldn't snipe us.

Speaking of Bush Wookies, there is also gravity in the game. Meaning that if you are a Sniper, you will have to aim a bit higher at a target at further range because of bullet drop. Also, the bullet has to travel so if the enemy is running you have to aim infront of them. It will be a bit difficult at first, but you will get used to it.

I love having an open mind and asking questions about games I'm hesitant to ask about.

Destructible environments
Gravity
Relativity

Now if I can steal a car, pay for a hooker, then off her with a baseball I'm in.

WobbleSock
11-22-2010, 05:13 AM
Well...You can sneak into an enemy base and steal their vehicles. Mind you, trying to get out of there alive could be difficult seeing as you'll get RPG's stuck up yer arse.

However, I highly suggest you steal an enemy helicopter when you get the chance, especially an attack helicopter. Having air support while the enemy doesn't can be a huge advantage, and even so if you got a good gunner.

Also, who needs hookers when you got big ass Russian tanks rolling over everyone?

W1CKEDTW1STED
11-22-2010, 07:27 AM
Hah, I thought you were talking about the game Limbo. LAWL

Ilyich Valken
11-22-2010, 10:38 AM
Hah, I thought you were talking about the game Limbo. LAWL

So did I. :(

RecreationalGamer
11-22-2010, 10:41 AM
should i look into Limbo, could this be a sign?