PDA

View Full Version : Tony Hawk Shred Only Sells 3000 Last Week of October

RecreationalGamer
11-22-2010, 12:30 AM
Sorry if this is a repost:

Tony Hawk: Shred sells 3,000 in first week - Report - Wii News at GameSpot (http://www.gamespot.com/wii/sports/tonyhawkshred/news.html?sid=6284159)

Ouch. And LoL

WobbleSock
11-22-2010, 12:38 AM
Wow, that's a shock.

I remember when I was a little kid, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 was one of my favourite games. I loved it so much...and I don't like skating games at all, and nor do I skate IRL.

However, it seems that the franchise has now has gone to sh*t.

RecreationalGamer
11-22-2010, 12:44 AM
Meh...I feel like I'm 10 whenever I play a skateboarding game these days because it's always filled with Kirk Cobain-wannabe dialogue.

Lots of, "Duuudes" and "Toootally" and stuff like that. Gets old after a while.

I totally use those words in context, but...when it is said over and over again all the time.

LOL I just thought about the cars in Tony Hawk 2, I think it was 2. They looked so funny!

jango
11-22-2010, 12:48 AM
There was one i really enjoyed once .. a long time ago .. can't remmeber which it was.

I guess they've just tried to pump out too many too quickly without doing much with it?

Meh .. at least it keeps Tony in sneakers and knee pads ..

RecreationalGamer
11-22-2010, 12:49 AM
Meh .. at least it keeps Tony in sneakers and knee pads ..

True, can't hate on that. He's kinda becoming the Brett Favre of skateboarding, no?

jango
11-22-2010, 12:52 AM
True, can't hate on that. He's kinda becoming the Brett Favre of skateboarding, no?

I'm British so don't quite get the reference .. isn't that a type of bean? :p

But I get your point though. I just remember the lanky kid from the Powell and Peralta vids .. seems like a different person .. which I suppose he is hehe.

thedeparted
11-22-2010, 09:09 AM
Shaun White only sold 6k and the music games aka Rock Band/GH.ect revenue is fallen off again

http://www.gamasutra.com/db_area/images/feature/6210/music-sales-decline-oct-2010.png

I think it's pretty funny.

EpsilonX
11-22-2010, 10:08 AM
Everybody's spending their money on the annual CoD games. >.>

I remember playing the demo for the first tony hawk game before it came out. that was a fun game.

Ilyich Valken
11-22-2010, 11:49 AM
Everybody's spending their money on the annual CoD games. >.>

I remember playing the demo for the first tony hawk game before it came out. that was a fun game.

This, and I think that music/skating games are pretty much just becoming more of the same with little to no changes in any aspect.

RecreationalGamer
11-22-2010, 11:51 AM
This, and I think that music/skating games are pretty much just becoming more of the same with little to no changes in any aspect.

Yep...in other words, Call of Duty needs something more than just a mini-car and the ability to prone-jump by MW3 or else people are gonna start getting bored.

EpsilonX
11-22-2010, 12:00 PM
Is there even gonna be a MW3?

RecreationalGamer
11-22-2010, 01:01 PM
Is there even gonna be a MW3?

Pretty sure it's coming in 2011

Ilyich Valken
11-22-2010, 04:58 PM
Yep...in other words, Call of Duty needs something more than just a mini-car and the ability to prone-jump by MW3 or else people are gonna start getting bored.

Actually, each CoD since 4 has had enough of a face-lift to keep it relatively refreshing. Sure, it's still got the core gameplay, but the content within it has changed, where with music and skating games.. it's basically all been the same since the first one. Sure, Rock Band 3 may have added a keyboard, but it doesn't change much.

Pretty sure it's coming in 2011
There IS a game coming out sometime late in 2011, but there's no info on much of anything for it. Not to mention, it's probably going to suck balls since IW was gutted.

RecreationalGamer
11-22-2010, 05:01 PM
Actually, each CoD since 4 has had enough of a face-lift to keep it relatively refreshing.

Yeah, but those are in the past. I'm talking about in the future.

Ilyich Valken
11-22-2010, 05:11 PM
Yeah, but those are in the past. I'm talking about in the future.

The only way you can predict the future is by looking to the past..

RecreationalGamer
11-22-2010, 05:27 PM
The only way you can predict the future is by looking to the past..

This is turning into an opinionated debated, but ^that^ doesn't apply to video games.

Mario Bros, or just Mario in general...
Legends of Zelda
Madden NFL
Fable
Grand Theft Auto
Left 4 Dead
Mortal Kombat
Max Payne
Every racing game on the planet

(side note) ah, man i just had a flash back of Oddworld (/side note)

Perfect Dark
Prince of Persia
Rainbow Six
Sonic the Hedgehog (another stretch)
Street Fighter
Halo Reach (almost forgot that one)
Tomb Raider
and of course...

Unreal Tournament

As a gamer, I love these franchises and would gladly play them, but as far as the general public goes, based on this history, I'd say CODMW3 might have a lot of work to do.

Ilyich Valken
11-22-2010, 05:39 PM
This is turning into an opinionated debated, but ^that^ doesn't apply to video games.

Mario Bros, or just Mario in general...
Legends of Zelda
Madden NFL
Fable
Grand Theft Auto
Left 4 Dead
Mortal Kombat
Max Payne
Every racing game on the planet

(side note) ah, man i just had a flash back of Oddworld (/side note)

Perfect Dark
Prince of Persia
Rainbow Six
Sonic the Hedgehog (another stretch)
Street Fighter
Halo Reach (almost forgot that one)
Tomb Raider
and of course...

Unreal Tournament

As a gamer, I love these franchises and would gladly play them, but as far as the general public goes, based on this history, I'd say CODMW3 might have a lot of work to do.
All of the bolded games are generally the same, game after game. CoD would be one of them, but there's obviously been enough change between the titles to keep people playing (people to this day STILL play CoD 4 and WaW).

There's really not much you can do to radically revamp an FPS franchise like CoD without completely falling face-first into the concrete. I think gameplay mechanics(like killstreaks), setting, and different weapons each game are about all that'll change, but it seems to be working so far.

Edit: I'm on the fence about LoZ. On one side, it's generally the same story (same goes for Mario) but each game has had new characters, settings, mechanics, etc. Not to say that I hate those games, I love the LoZ series.

RecreationalGamer
11-22-2010, 05:42 PM
All of the bolded games are generally the same, game after game. CoD would be one of them, but there's obviously been enough change between the titles to keep people playing (people to this day STILL play CoD 4 and WaW).

There's really not much you can do to radically revamp an FPS franchise like CoD without completely falling face-first into the concrete. I think gameplay mechanics(like killstreaks), setting, and different weapons each game are about all that'll change, but it seems to be working so far.

I was actually expecting to get more harshly flamed from that list, it was pretty opinionated.

I agree though, not much will probably change with COD, which in the long run (2, 3 yrs) might hurt them, especially if some fresh new FPS comes out and blows them outta the water...

Holy crap I can't stop laughing about the cars in Tony Hawk 2.

leech4free
11-28-2010, 11:05 AM
thats impresive man , its tony hawk

i`ll get one in next days