PDA

View Full Version : Jay's Blog :)

Jayhmmz
12-18-2010, 06:57 AM
Hey Guys and Girls :)

I started a new blog on the 14th December! It's mainly going to be about Gaming News, Previews and Reviews - although, I will be doing Movie stuff as well.

I'm aiming to be an entertainments journalist of some description, so I'm using my blog as practice and to build myself a kind of an online portfolio of my work - also to gain a little experience!

So come have a look :) If you use blogger or anything else related that will allow you to follow me, then follow me! If not, hope you enjoy the read!

Constructive critism is welcomed with open arms, as I'm always looking to improve!

Cheers ^_^

Games Reviews And Random Banter, It's Full Of Win! (http://jayhmmz.blogspot.com)

Diligence109
12-18-2010, 10:35 AM
looks pretty nice, Jay! I'll admit I mostly gave it a skim and didn't really get into it, but do be sure to post in this thread if/when you update it :) I'd love to stop back and check what you've written

jango
12-18-2010, 11:22 AM
Aye, nice one Jay. I'll drop back and check it out from time to time :)

Jayhmmz
12-18-2010, 12:26 PM
Cheers guys! :)

Just posted a new one on there, quick first impression article on Battlefield Bad Company 2: Vietnam!

I got to play it three days before retail release, so go check it out if you're interested :)

jango
12-18-2010, 12:39 PM
Rly liked the BC2:V one ..

As a side point, you should definitely consider applying for a Game Reviewer position on GF Jay - you have a great style, and seem to write pretty solid reviews/feedback of stuff. We're always looking for people to review stuff who are good at what they do, and you clearly are. Worth thinking about mate.

Jayhmmz
12-18-2010, 12:45 PM
Thank you very much :) :) Means alot.
I will definitely consider it, I'm edging towards a yes! I will let you know ;-)

HamadaLFC8
12-18-2010, 12:58 PM
Really like your blog! Keep up the good work and good luck on your career =D

Jayhmmz
12-19-2010, 07:39 AM
Cheers mate :)

So what's the requirements for this games review position? What's expected of me, is it just a case of reviewing the newest games and posting the latest news on what ever I can get my hands on, or is there a particular trend?

LiNuX
12-19-2010, 10:54 AM
Nice blog. I always like the simple layouts - they're more readable than the people who try too hard.

Keep it up and good luck!

Also, I was going to get the vietnam package but then decided not to...I started again with BC2 just yesterday (to get my mind off things) and found that they have a few new maps in there - I guess that'll be enough for me for now.

So what's the requirements for this games review position? What's expected of me, is it just a case of reviewing the newest games and posting the latest news on what ever I can get my hands on, or is there a particular trend?

Doesn't have to be the newest or latest, it's just any game that you may have played that you can provide a review of. Could be a game that was released 20 years ago or one that was released today, doesn't matter.

The only strict requirement we have that we always enforce is that the review must be a 100% unique and YOURS. We've had people steal reviews from others claiming it to be their own. I'm sure you won't have a problem with that but that's the only thing you should worry about.

Jayhmmz
12-19-2010, 11:14 AM
Also, I was going to get the vietnam package but then decided not to...I started again with BC2 just yesterday (to get my mind off things) and found that they have a few new maps in there - I guess that'll be enough for me for now.

---------------------------------------

The only strict requirement we have that we always enforce is that the review must be a 100% unique and YOURS. We've had people steal reviews from others claiming it to be their own. I'm sure you won't have a problem with that but that's the only thing you should worry about.

I stopped playing BC2 for a bit too, just to have a break from it more than anything! Then the new maps came out, they are pretty damn awesome so I started playing again - I was gunna start playing again eventually anyway, considering I was so excited when Vietnam got announced! w00t. Been playing it yesterday and today, and it's so win!

Thanks for the kind words :)

Nah I'll have no problems at all there! No-one likes a copy cat :D

I'll see what game is worthy of a review and I'll pop it on :D Cheers for the info!

LemonRising
12-19-2010, 08:52 PM
I definitely like how you do your reviews. Very nice!

I also like that your blog isn't too cluttered (:

Charlotte
12-20-2010, 03:19 AM
Really nice site. The game review is perfect. Good luck with it. :)

Shixx
12-20-2010, 03:31 AM
You have some Nice Articles man.

I'll be sure to check it out from time to time.

Jayhmmz
12-20-2010, 06:08 AM
*big smile*

Thanks guys :D

New blog post up guys :)

Jayhmmz
07-15-2011, 10:28 AM
I have posted what may be my last post on my very first blog! The post is aptly named "Time for something new" :)

You can check it out by clicking here (http://jayhmmz.blogspot.com/2011/07/time-for-something-new.html).

HamadaLFC8
07-15-2011, 10:37 AM
Nice dude! Really like Game Craic and might start following it on a regular basis :D love the "driver" post *drools* haha

Jayhmmz
07-15-2011, 10:46 AM
Nice dude! Really like Game Craic and might start following it on a regular basis :D love the "driver" post *drools* haha

I thought you might like that one ;)

Thank you very much! ^_^