PDA

View Full Version : What is the scariest game you have ever played?

HiTechSavvy
01-02-2011, 01:52 AM
These days I havnt seen many horror games that were really scary. But what game truely managed to scare the heck out of you? Doesnt matter what console.

In my case it would have to be Silent Hill 2 for the Playstation 2, just the sound effects managed to send a chill down my spine. The camera angles prevented you from seeing what was sneaking up behind you which made it even more intense. I got to a point where I didnt even want to continue playing.

EpsilonX
01-02-2011, 03:16 AM
Silent Hill 2 is pretty close, but I think Haunting Ground managed to get to me even more. You're a girl, and you can't fight, but you have this dog that follows you around. You're like stuck in a castle and there's a big monster chasing you around. If you've played Clock Tower 3, it's somewhat similar, but it's a lot grittier and scarier. Whenever the monster is nearby, it gets really quiet. One time I turned the PS2 on, loaded up the game, looked at the screen for a few seconds, didn't hear any music (which meant the stalker was close), and turned it off. I think i've played it like once since.

Dark~Angel74
01-02-2011, 09:26 AM
K, both of those are pretty good but for me it is Ju-on (the grudge). It's a haunted house simulator based on the movie. Scares me just thinking bout it.

Th3-devils-princess
01-02-2011, 09:33 AM
Mmm I think it's dead space two I think lol princess's mind has gone blank lol :) :p

Ilyich Valken
01-02-2011, 11:47 AM
I'd probably have to say Fatal Frame... I mean, ffs, all you have is a CAMERA to fight off ghosts/demons.

Coke457
01-02-2011, 12:30 PM
Well once my friends tricked me into playing a game for the Xbox 360 that THEY made. It was a little stickman platformer thing. I played for about 10 secconds and then all of a sudden a freaky face poped up at me and screamed! Ugh. Its ghost car all over again.

EpsilonX
01-02-2011, 02:14 PM
I'd probably have to say Fatal Frame... I mean, ffs, all you have is a CAMERA to fight off ghosts/demons.

I have Fatal Frame 2, and it was scary at first, cuz I thought for some reason you could only see the ghosts while looking through the camera...but when that turned out not to be true it wasn't really scary anymore...

i still have to go with haunting ground. You're just running down a hallway, and you get the key to this room and you can finally go inside, and then the music stops...do you go in? do you run and hide? Sometimes the hiding places work, sometimes he finds you. its freakin me out just thinkin about lol

blaze4556
01-02-2011, 02:51 PM
Condemned 1, there are some parts in that game that will have you screaming like a little baby

Ilyich Valken
01-02-2011, 03:51 PM
I have Fatal Frame 2, and it was scary at first, cuz I thought for some reason you could only see the ghosts while looking through the camera...but when that turned out not to be true it wasn't really scary anymore...

i still have to go with haunting ground. You're just running down a hallway, and you get the key to this room and you can finally go inside, and then the music stops...do you go in? do you run and hide? Sometimes the hiding places work, sometimes he finds you. its freakin me out just thinkin about lol

Eh, dunno. Kinda sounds like Amnesia. Fun and scary at first, but quickly gets boring because you can't do anything to stop it.

EpsilonX
01-02-2011, 04:11 PM
Eh, dunno. Kinda sounds like Amnesia. Fun and scary at first, but quickly gets boring because you can't do anything to stop it.

kinda, but the chases are really thrilling, and there are lots of hiding spots around the castle, so... Clock Tower 3, however, I'll probably never finish. It's basically the same, except the enemies aren't scary they're just annoying. I think i'm at a part where this guy with like a sword is chasing me around, and he jumps on the walls and stuff, but there's no hiding spots. you just run, and since you can't get rid of the enemy, you can't actually solve the puzzles.

Nikarulz
01-03-2011, 03:23 AM
Condemned Criminal Origins & Condemned Bloodshot (sequel). Two games that had me jumping out of my skin.

Charlotte
01-03-2011, 04:54 AM
for me it is Ju-on (the grudge). It's a haunted house simulator based on the movie. Scares me just thinking bout it.
Same bro, it's one of the scariest (not the scariest) game. Ju-on (the grudge) is totally an exact simulator as it movie. But the movie is way scary. :'(

Th3-devils-princess
01-03-2011, 04:58 AM
Well once my friends tricked me into playing a game for the Xbox 360 that THEY made. It was a little stickman platformer thing. I played for about 10 secconds and then all of a sudden a freaky face poped up at me and screamed! Ugh. Its ghost car all over again.

I've played a similar game to this scared the f*** out if me lol fun when you get someone else to play it though lol :)

Epic.girl
01-04-2011, 12:24 AM
silent hill :S and fear sometimes makes me jump but i dint played it just my older bro always make me to sit w him so he didnt want to play alone...

Turles
01-04-2011, 01:33 AM
Dead Space scared the hell out of me I had to turn if off more than once cuz i was so freaked out...and I remember the Shadow Temple in Zelda: Ocarina of Time, the music combined with the dark atmosphere of the temple, I had to turn it off once or twice :P

Jayhmmz
01-04-2011, 05:37 AM
I havent played Dead Space yet, don't really want to because I'm a sh*t bag when it comes to scary games! I played Silent Hill once upon a time, but not for long, I bailed on it :P Also, F.E.A.R had me turning my PC off, haha!

paecmaker
01-07-2011, 12:34 PM
I must say that the most scary game i have played is Amnesia.
You have no weapon so your only means to survive the monsters is to run and hide and thats not all. You hide in the darkness but then a sanity meter starts to tick down. If your sanity goes down a bit you start to halucinate.

And the game set in an old scary as hell castle and that you have no clue what it is all about.

happy thoughts:D

EpsilonX
01-07-2011, 12:35 PM
I must say that the most scary game i have played is Amnesia.
You have no weapon so your only means to survive the monsters is to run and hide and thats not all. You hide in the darkness but then a sanity meter starts to tick down. If your sanity goes down a bit you start to halucinate.

And the game set in an old scary as hell castle and that you have no clue what it is all about.

happy thoughts:D

This sounds like a crazy version of Haunting Ground, what's it for?

paecmaker
01-07-2011, 12:49 PM

I think its only for pc and for download. Its pretty cheap but you can download the demo at the gamesite.

just google Anesia the dark descent and it should pop out. Try out the penumbra series while you at it.

Happy thoughts:D

Ilyich Valken
01-08-2011, 12:16 AM

It's on Steam.

http://paradoxdgn.com/junk/avatars/trollface.jpg

Raoul
01-10-2011, 01:24 AM
I would say F.E.A.R 1 and Silent hill, but in silent hill the monsters walks funny lol but still they are scary and the sounds in the game but I love scary games it's the best.;)

rexxar
01-23-2011, 02:25 PM
I think silent hill 2 is one of the scariest games ever made

Raoul
01-24-2011, 04:18 AM
Lol true I would have to agree with you there it made me shout one loud late night when I got a massive shock lol:cheesy:

Shooter99
01-24-2011, 09:02 AM
Silent Hill 4" The Room and Doom 3 - Just the idea of fighting hordes of demons and undead personnel who came out of hell, while in the same time you're all alone on another planet in a closed dark place not knowing where to go and what to do is pretty scary and there were a lot of sound effects that could freak you out. And of course Bioshock was a rather scary game, but it wasn't scary enough.

LysiaMoon
01-24-2011, 11:05 AM
I have to say Alien Resurrection.
On PS1.
LOL.
Only because that's the last time I remember being scared :O !!
I used to play I when I was little and as soon as an Alien would go on the screen I'd cry
and switch it off, but I'd always try and get further every time I played it but I never did!

Morticia
01-25-2011, 12:09 AM
I change my answer... It's Amnesia. Scares the living daylights out of me. O_O

Raoul
01-25-2011, 02:28 AM
I change my answer... It's Amnesia. Scares the living daylights out of me. O_O

Saw now the review and a clip of it and yeah this game is freaky and awesome I must get me this game so that I can play this game late at nights:cheesy::cheesy:

maddenking
01-26-2011, 09:27 PM
Amnesia? I'm gonna have to give that a try!

paecmaker
01-27-2011, 07:15 AM
I just tried avp 2 and even if it is old that game made me jump many time as a marine.

Raoul
02-01-2011, 02:41 AM
What's avp 2 about and what type of game is it?

paecmaker
02-01-2011, 05:04 AM
What's avp 2 about and what type of game is it?

Its name is Alien vs predator 2. Its old but its also very scary playing as a marine.

You can play tree campaigns Marine, alien or predator.

As a marine you are a lone soldier walking in dark rooms and corridors fighting the aliens. They are silent and your only means of detecting them in the dark is some sort of detector wich beeps and you see a small dot on a radar.

Raoul
02-01-2011, 05:13 AM
Its name is Alien vs predator 2. Its old but its also very scary playing as a marine.

You can play tree campaigns Marine, alien or predator.

As a marine you are a lone soldier walking in dark rooms and corridors fighting the aliens. They are silent and your only means of detecting them in the dark is some sort of detector wich beeps and you see a small dot on a radar.

Cool this game sounds really awesome. I'll maybe try this game out sometime when I see the game:cheesy:

paecmaker
02-01-2011, 07:47 AM
Cool this game sounds really awesome. I'll maybe try this game out sometime when I see the game:cheesy:

LIke I said, its old and the graphics arent the best. You can download it cause i dont think it is out in the stores anymore.

Raoul
02-02-2011, 01:29 AM
LIke I said, its old and the graphics arent the best. You can download it cause i dont think it is out in the stores anymore.

Certain games with old graphics are sometime also really good games.:cheesy:

Jayhmmz
02-02-2011, 08:54 AM
Raoul man! You've posted on almost every single topic to date :P
Giving me too much to read! xD

funnyfunny51
02-02-2011, 11:43 AM
comdemned :shocked:

Jayhmmz
02-02-2011, 03:25 PM
comdemned :shocked:

Dude got banned, swiftly! Haha!

Raoul
02-03-2011, 01:44 AM
Raoul man! You've posted on almost every single topic to date :P
Giving me too much to read! xD

Lol it's good I like being active on this forum, because all of use reply and chat cool I like it and it make me want to chat more lol use are awesome in this forum:cheesy::cheesy: I must give you much to read lol:D

Polishkid
02-03-2011, 08:37 AM
the thing for the PS2 scared me so bad i couldnt sleep yet i kept playing it in the dark lol

NickLane
02-03-2011, 04:18 PM
Tomb raiders dreamcast

or whatever the name was

paecmaker
02-04-2011, 01:04 AM
The games that scares the **** out of me, any licence game makes me wanna cry and burn my eyes out. (There are some exceptions)

Raoul
02-04-2011, 01:28 AM
The last Scariest game that I can think of the I played was Dead Space 1. Not actually scary just when I am into the game then certain monsters suprise me and then a get a shock. lol last time I shouted by mistake and that was just really funny.

sunexim
02-22-2011, 11:06 PM
Those games are very good.

LemonRising
02-22-2011, 11:09 PM
I don't think I've actually played any games that have scared me...

except when I was much younger, my friend had this computer game that scared the sheeet outta me. But I can't remember.. what it was about.. or what it was called lol

Project Blaze
02-24-2011, 01:57 PM
I don't think I've actually played any games that have scared me...

except when I was much younger, my friend had this computer game that scared the sheeet outta me. But I can't remember.. what it was about.. or what it was called lol
XD Maybe you blocked it out? :p I know I prolly would. lol

One game that seriously scared me was the my first Resident Evil game, Resident Evil: Survivor. I was alone and those dead things kept creepin up out of nowhere. I think I actually jumped once or twice. XD XD But hey, I was alone! XP

paecmaker
02-24-2011, 02:03 PM
The last time I got a little scared was in Singularity.

I were swimming in some pipes and had to hurry. I rounded a corner and behind that corner was a corpse. It came right up my face and I practically jumped cause it happend so fast. One thing that made it even more scary before you realised that it was dead were the fact that you were defenceless in the water.

Singularity had some surprises but that was the most creepy one.

Irlmurf
02-24-2011, 02:43 PM
for me it has to resident evil 1 for the playstation 1 when it first came out. or the first silent hill game. it wasnt even the gameplay that was scary but the time spent walking around wondering what was gonna happen next. and the music just made it more intense. gives me chills just thinking about it.

paecmaker
02-25-2011, 09:17 AM
for me it has to resident evil 1 for the playstation 1 when it first came out. or the first silent hill game. it wasnt even the gameplay that was scary but the time spent walking around wondering what was gonna happen next. and the music just made it more intense. gives me chills just thinking about it.

Play a game that is not scary and put in some creepy music. You will think that something will happen.

Irlmurf
02-25-2011, 11:15 AM
Play a game that is not scary and put in some creepy music. You will think that something will happen.

dude i was 7 when it was released. and im sure that a lot of people will agree that the soundtrack to a game is important as it helps to create some atmosphere wit the game.

paecmaker
02-25-2011, 12:16 PM
dude i was 7 when it was released. and im sure that a lot of people will agree that the soundtrack to a game is important as it helps to create some atmosphere wit the game.

Ok, maybe it didnt seemed that way but I accually ment it.

For example minecraft, A not scary game (on peacfull)at all but when I hear the noises in caves I almost have to look behind that nothing is following me.

I totally get chills when certain music is played. Sorry if I insulted you.

Irlmurf
02-25-2011, 02:13 PM
Ok, maybe it didnt seemed that way but I accually ment it.

For example minecraft, A not scary game (on peacfull)at all but when I hear the noises in caves I almost have to look behind that nothing is following me.

I totally get chills when certain music is played. Sorry if I insulted you.

No insult taken:) i just thought you werte being sarcastic. its hard to tell on forums when someone is bein serious or not.lol

Nanoko
02-28-2011, 08:13 PM
I absolutely love horror, though so few games are able to pull it off successfully: I was severely disappointed with Amnesia (though I really wanted to be scared by it), but Yume Nikki is by far the most terrifying game I have ever played. I always get chills when I think about it, and it's instilled a couple of paranoid fears.... very good.

paecmaker
03-01-2011, 10:38 AM
I absolutely love horror, though so few games are able to pull it off successfully: I was severely disappointed with Amnesia (though I really wanted to be scared by it), but Yume Nikki is by far the most terrifying game I have ever played. I always get chills when I think about it, and it's instilled a couple of paranoid fears.... very good.

Why were you dissapointed by amnesia. Personally I think that is one of the most scary games out there.

Yasdnil
03-10-2011, 06:17 AM
I'm playing dead Space 2 at the moment, and that is pretty scary in places.