PDA

View Full Version : Older generation games that you still play?

Project Blaze
01-03-2011, 12:31 PM
Just wondering if anyone else was playing the older games for things like Gameboy Color, PS one or whatever else I can't think of.

I still play FVII and FFVIII. Oh, and Xenogears, Front Mission 3, and Vagrant Story.

What about you?

Knibbler
01-03-2011, 01:02 PM
I've found myself going back to play FFVII. Also Future Cop: L. A. P. D. and Abes Oddysy (sp?).

EpsilonX
01-03-2011, 02:02 PM
This topic is my new home.

I just finished another run-through of Legend of Dragoon, and this time I beat all of the side quests (except for that stupid obstacle course minigame after the hero competition, but that doesn't really count) and got my 3 main fighters to their final addition. Now i'm playing through Xenosaga. I actually just got Xenogears for christmas from my friend. Thinkin about pickin up copies of Syphon Filter and Syphon Filter 2 one of these days and playin through those.

In short, PS1 is my favorite console

Epic.girl
01-03-2011, 03:32 PM

I just finished another run-through of Legend of Dragoon, and this time I beat all of the side quests (except for that stupid obstacle course minigame after the hero competition, but that doesn't really count) and got my 3 main fighters to their final addition. Now i'm playing through Xenosaga. I actually just got Xenogears for christmas from my friend. Thinkin about pickin up copies of Syphon Filter and Syphon Filter 2 one of these days and playin through those.

how was legend of dragon i never was able to finish that game my bros cd was damged and got stuckr :(

HiTechSavvy
01-03-2011, 04:04 PM
I can never stop playing Metal Gear Solid for the Playstation, its cinematic quality still holds up well to this day.

EpsilonX
01-03-2011, 06:42 PM
how was legend of dragon i never was able to finish that game my bros cd was damged and got stuckr :(

It's probably my favorite game of all time lol. The first disc is the best, probably because it's the most realistic and it's dealing with a war, then after that you chase this guy around the continent trying to find legendary items and something about a god being born. The plot gets kinda convoluted and cliche, but it's still a fantastic game.

Epic.girl
01-03-2011, 11:53 PM
It's probably my favorite game of all time lol. The first disc is the best, probably because it's the most realistic and it's dealing with a war, then after that you chase this guy around the continent trying to find legendary items and something about a god being born. The plot gets kinda convoluted and cliche, but it's still a fantastic game.

aweee wanted to play it but at least its cool!!:D

Turles
01-04-2011, 01:35 AM
I still play Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, and FFX is one of my favorites.

Jayhmmz
01-04-2011, 05:30 AM
I'm scared to play any old school games because the sh*t graphics will make me sad :(
I'm such a graphics snob...

Knibbler
01-04-2011, 08:19 AM
I'm scared to play any old school games because the sh*t graphics will make me sad :(
I'm such a graphics snob...

That about the only thing stopping me from really putting the hours into FFVII again like I use to.

Ilyich Valken
01-04-2011, 10:21 AM
That about the only thing stopping me from really putting the hours into FFVII again like I use to.

I'd say this is the reason I can't go back and finish FFVII.. but my dad has my PS2 and I don't know where the memory card went.

LysiaMoon
01-04-2011, 11:56 AM
LOL.
Would you believe, PS1 Original Spyro.
I just saw it, collecting dust in my draw and I was like. Whuuuuut!!!
I just had to resurrect it :)
And I dunno if anyone remembers the beasty Omega's ??? But Manic Mansion. Legendary.

xxxxxxxxxx

EpsilonX
01-04-2011, 12:59 PM
Oh man guys...I personally think games these days, the graphics sometimes ruins them. Think about The Force Unleashed. What if it had graphics like Spyro? The game would be very plain. I like older games cuz a lot of the focus these days goes into graphics, and if a game doesn't have absolutely perfect graphics, then the graphics are bad. Nobody really cared as much back in the day.

Knibbler
01-04-2011, 01:02 PM
Another I like going back to is Beast Wars.
That is one awesome beat 'em up.

Ilyich Valken
01-04-2011, 01:47 PM
and if a game doesn't have absolutely perfect graphics, then the graphics are bad. Nobody really cared as much back in the day.

That's not true. Just because people don't want to stare at geography/people/things with unsmooth somewhat square-shaped bodies doesn't mean that the graphics have to be perfect to look good. There's got to be a certain amount of visual polish with the gameplay for it to be good and interesting.

Would you play the God of War games if they looked like the overworld characters/graphics in FFVII with the same(GoW) gameplay? Probably not.

EpsilonX
01-04-2011, 01:52 PM
That's not true. Just because people don't want to stare at geography/people/things with unsmooth somewhat square-shaped bodies doesn't mean that the graphics have to be perfect to look good. There's got to be a certain amount of visual polish with the gameplay for it to be good and interesting.

Would you play the God of War games if they looked like the overworld characters/graphics in FFVII with the same gameplay? Probably not.

Well, when Dragon Age came out I saw reviews and stuff saying that the graphics sucked. So yea, i think my point stands lol

Blackbird
01-04-2011, 03:08 PM
I was thinking to going back to Wild Arms, Star Ocean & XenoGears, haven't play these games in years so going to refresh to start over in New Game.

ROFLBRYCE
01-04-2011, 06:50 PM
I've been finding myself playing a lot more Mario Bros. for the NES, and various SNES games over the last few weeks

paecmaker
01-05-2011, 03:50 PM
I still play (and love) rollercoaster tycoon. Also got a sega megadrive II that i occasionally play.

MeshiaSamurai
01-05-2011, 04:59 PM
Pulled out Fable the other night. Play FFIII on an emulator on my phone from time to time. If I still had a working PS2 I know I would be playing Legend of Dragoon, FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX and FFXII non-stop.

EpsilonX
01-05-2011, 05:09 PM
Pulled out Fable the other night. Play FFIII on an emulator on my phone from time to time. If I still had a working PS2 I know I would be playing Legend of Dragoon, FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX and FFXII non-stop.

I hear legend of dragoon has a lot of glitches on a ps2.

and by FF3 do you mean Final Fantasy 3 or Final Fantasy 6?

MeshiaSamurai
01-05-2011, 08:19 PM
FF6. I just know it as FFIII from my SNES days. I had PC versions of both FFVII and FFVIII, but I think they got ost when I broke up with my ex.

Project Blaze
01-06-2011, 09:05 AM
Reading all this brings back a lot of sweet memoriez. Gamez can NEVER get old! Well... you know what I mean. XP Nostalgia comes and goes with my older gamez since I'm mostly online now. lol

paecmaker
01-06-2011, 09:29 AM
Reading all this brings back a lot of sweet memoriez. Gamez can NEVER get old! Well... you know what I mean. XP Nostalgia comes and goes with my older gamez since I'm mostly online now. lol

I agree completely

New games in their glory but nothing can compare to play doom with a buddy on xbox 360.:cheesy:

Project Blaze
01-06-2011, 09:42 AM
Man, I should've just bought the Xbox. It's like everyone here has one! >_<

paecmaker
01-06-2011, 09:55 AM
Man, I should've just bought the Xbox. It's like everyone here has one! >_<

What do you got?

Project Blaze
01-06-2011, 10:19 AM
A PS3 Slim, but I don't have broadband. I didn't know that's what it needs for the online stuff. >_<

paecmaker
01-06-2011, 10:41 AM
A PS3 Slim, but I don't have broadband. I didn't know that's what it needs for the online stuff. >_<

The xbox also need broadband and you have to pay every month to play online.

Project Blaze
01-06-2011, 11:15 AM
lol Well I guess that wouldn't have worked out so much. >_< I did see gift cards for Xbox Live though. o_O

paecmaker
01-06-2011, 04:57 PM
Forgot to say that you only have to pay for xbox livew gold while silver is free which means you can download demos,movies and so on for free.(but you still need broadband. damn what i want to get out of this technological black hole i call my home.

Project Blaze
01-06-2011, 06:13 PM
lol I never knew that, just thought it was one subscription or somethin. Man, I'm starting to hate broadband. -_- Gotta hate what you can't have. XD

Kaesaj
01-06-2011, 10:53 PM
I still play a ton of older games. I often play Final Fantasy IV-VIII, and all my old N64 games.
This reminded me that I have to buy a copy of the original Diablo. I haven't played that in forever.

Raoul
01-10-2011, 01:21 AM
Last time I was playing Pokemon lol I have no idea why I started playing this game again:cheesy:but the game is awesome.

BobTD
01-14-2011, 11:59 AM

=D We should be friends. lol

I keep a ps1 with a screen next to my bed on a stand, currently it has FFV in it. Im playing through that and six. I own Legend of Dragoon and love it. I also have Xenogears but it one of those games I own without having played much lol.

Might go through xenogears, we can have a retro game discussion while they are still fresh in our minds then lol.

I dont discriminate against games based on graphics, Im more interested in how they play. I go back to older games all the time. =P

I still play a ton of older games. I often play Final Fantasy IV-VIII, and all my old N64 games.
This reminded me that I have to buy a copy of the original Diablo. I haven't played that in forever.

I have like 3 copies if you want one.

Blackbird
01-14-2011, 12:57 PM
I might going back to play Star Ocean and Wild Arms.

Project Blaze
01-29-2011, 06:08 PM
I dont discriminate against games based on graphics, Im more interested in how they play. I go back to older games all the time. =P
Kuwlz, I'm not the only one!! lol Even though I tend to focus more on the storyline, not just how they play. XD :p Even though I do end up getting interested in how they play too, just not as much as the storyline. O_o

Raoul
01-31-2011, 02:02 AM
I might going back to play Star Ocean and Wild Arms.

I would not mind getting me Star Ocean again that game is awesome it kin of reminds me alot about final fantasy and grandia I should not have borrowed the game to one of my friends and it's now lost so now I have to buy the game for me to play the game again

Exentenzed
02-03-2011, 04:15 AM
I myself is a hardcore fan of the good old classics. Find myself playing good oldies on a weekly basis.

F.eks:
Transport Tycoon
Startopia
Black & White 1
Tiberian Sun
Operation Flashpoint
Call of Duty 1&2
Freelancer
Nexus: Jupiter incident
Baldur's gate
Diablo 2
Homeworld
and a couple more. :)

While some are not as famous as some obvious classics, nor as old,
all these games listed are in my oppinion great games that deserves to be called classics :)

Raoul
02-03-2011, 04:25 AM
I myself is a hardcore fan of the good old classics. Find myself playing good oldies on a weekly basis.

F.eks:
Transport Tycoon
Startopia
Black & White 1
Tiberian Sun
Operation Flashpoint
Call of Duty 1&2
Freelancer
Nexus: Jupiter incident
Baldur's gate
Diablo 2
Homeworld
and a couple more. :)

While some are not as famous as some obvious classics, nor as old,
all these games listed are in my oppinion great games that deserves to be called classics :)

Diablo 2 and Black and White 1 they were games that I played alot, but I also loved star craft 1 that game I play so now and then:cheesy:

paecmaker
02-03-2011, 07:20 AM
I play some sonic the hedgehog on SEGA megadrive2

NickLane
02-03-2011, 04:21 PM
gta on old xbox

Raoul
02-04-2011, 02:23 AM
gta on old xbox

Gta I only played GTA 2 and that game is really fun especially the tank part that's the best way to make the money to advance to the next level

jcmcdo12
02-04-2011, 09:40 AM
well really all of them. I love classic/older games but right now im playing Smuggler`s Run

(Info on Smuggler's run)
Smuggler's Run (http://www.rockstargames.com/smugglersrun1/)

Raoul
02-07-2011, 01:39 AM
Starcraft 1 still rocks for me and Warcraft 2, but I still like starcraft 1 more that game I play now and then with, but I play with Terran and Zerg, because when I play with Protoss and then the multiplayer does not last very long and then it's not really challenging for me when I play with Protoss the game is too easy:laugh1::laugh1: