PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Slowing down pc and flash game

missy
01-09-2011, 02:18 PM
Hi!
If I slow down my pc with some software will online flash quiz also slow down speed?
Is it dangerous for my pc doing this and is it reversible (speeding it again up as before)?

Is there any other way to slow down online flash quiz?
Thanks for info.

:D

Jaykub
01-09-2011, 02:23 PM
You.. want to slow down your PC with software?

missy
01-09-2011, 02:45 PM
You.. want to slow down your PC with software?

well, I don't know, is there any software that slows down processor speed?

LemonRising
01-09-2011, 03:13 PM
It probably exists.
Why would you want to though?

Jayhmmz
01-09-2011, 03:20 PM
maybe she is like a secret agent in training and wants to sabotage PCs?

LiNuX
01-09-2011, 03:26 PM
slow down processor speed? underclocking? You can do that in bios...it's not unsafe - it actually helps your processor run cooler which is good long term.

leica
01-09-2011, 07:19 PM
some processors allow you to scale down without actually underclocking in bios. depends on your mobo and cpu. you could also install a virtual machine or something if you only want certain applications to run slower.

Muffincat
01-09-2011, 09:46 PM
It probably exists.
Why would you want to though?

Sounds like they want to cheat in a flash game by making it slower?

Diligence109
01-10-2011, 10:56 AM
Sounds like they want to cheat in a flash game by making it slower?

this

google'd, clicked, read a thread on a different forum, google'd again, found an application that shuts down/clogs a variable amount of your CPU... I was about to post it here when Muffin pointed out to me that we don't really want an application like that readily available for the forum to use in our Arcade; so I'm not posting it.

Also, as an aside, you should be careful with a CPU lagger because if you don't really know what you're doing you could pretty easily crash your computer... Just sayin'!

Also, if we see suspicious high scores show up with inexplicably long times in the arcade we reserve the right to delete high scores and dole out infractions... Just sayin'! ;) (Unless glitching the game would also slow down the timer that posts to the high score, in which case I'm wrong to think that a red flag like this would even go up.)

missy
01-10-2011, 11:59 AM
Yes, I was asking because of a flash game quiz with timer. But it sounds too complicated. I give up.

Thanx anyway. 8)

leica
01-10-2011, 06:31 PM
For a typical flash game, this won't really help, but if you just want to pause the game while you think, it is possible that you pause the process which contains the flash player (npviewer.bin in my case) then resume it when you're done thinking. But this still doesn't always work because most modern flash games keep track of real time, rather than tracking CPU cycles.