PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Game Maker

Flab-Ender
01-12-2011, 07:06 PM
Ok, well I have no idea if anyone has already asked this, but I would like to know, who is your favorite game maker? Mine would probably have to be Bethesda, due to their amazing sandbox making ability, and amazing graphics and realism.

Jayhmmz
01-12-2011, 07:57 PM
Great question this, I will rep you for this.

Tough question also... One of them would definitely have to be THQ for their outstanding efforts with their RTS games, e.g the Dawn of War and Company of Heroes franchise.

Another one would have to be Crytek, I was completely blown away by the release of Crysis and Crysis: Warhead, thoroughly enjoyed the story-line and the graphics were out of this world at the time; Crysis 2 ftw.

I think a novelty mention goes to Blizzard for World of Warcraft, oh how that took off :P But I suppose honourable mention goes to Starcraft II also.

I'd say Infinity Ward for the earlier versions of Call of Duty, especially the first one, amazing and ground-breaking release, it has to be said. Whilst we're on the same genre, EA Dice for their amazing work on the Battlefield series.

All time favourite though? For myself, it cannot be said. There's just too many games that rival eachother! :O I could have mentioned a lot more Developers but there's just too many damn good games!

LiNuX
01-12-2011, 11:36 PM
I like Valve. They've had part of my heart since they first released Counter Strike.

Jokersvirus
01-13-2011, 04:28 AM
I cant say I personal have a favorite game maker because one company, lets go with blizzard for example, can make one awesome game and the rest suck so my loyalty is with the game creators in general to make the best damn thing humanly possible.

Raoul
01-13-2011, 04:37 AM
I would have to say Blizzard, Valve and Bethesda

Jayhmmz
01-13-2011, 10:18 AM
Oh god, I completely forgot about Valve!

Project Blaze
01-13-2011, 01:49 PM
Never heard of any of those... lol Not sure if this is what you mean, but I'd have to say Capcom. Mainly for their Devil May Cry series. I'd list other ones but I can't think of them. That counts, doesn't it?

Jayhmmz
01-13-2011, 02:37 PM
Never heard of any of those... lol Not sure if this is what you mean, but I'd have to say Capcom. Mainly for their Devil May Cry series. I'd list other ones but I can't think of them. That counts, doesn't it?

You haven't heard of any of the developers listed above!? If not, where have you been!?

Project Blaze
01-13-2011, 03:22 PM
You haven't heard of any of the developers listed above!? If not, where have you been!?

In a very secluded cave. XD I just don't really play PC games.

Flab-Ender
01-13-2011, 06:20 PM
In a very secluded cave. XD I just don't really play PC games.

they don't have to be PC lol. Left 4 Dead is from Valve? Fallout 3 and New Vegas from Bethesda haha?

rexxar
01-23-2011, 02:28 PM
My number 1 is definitely Electronic Arts. Mainly because of their awesome sport and racing games. then comes THQ and after that Ubisoft. That is my top 3

Raoul
01-24-2011, 04:17 AM
Capcom also have great games to play :cheesy:

Project Blaze
01-29-2011, 05:46 PM
I'm pretty sure I forgot NIS America and Konami. I've only got like 2 or 3 games from NIS America though. I've been a long-time fan of Konami though.
Oh yeah, not to mention Namco Bandai Games. There's also another one... but it's slightly out of reach... I can almost remember it too. >_<

Flab-Ender
01-29-2011, 10:33 PM
I'm pretty sure I forgot NIS America and Konami. I've only got like 2 or 3 games from NIS America though. I've been a long-time fan of Konami though.
Oh yeah, not to mention Namco Bandai Games. There's also another one... but it's slightly out of reach... I can almost remember it too. >_<

What games can you think of by this mystery maker?

paecmaker
01-30-2011, 02:15 AM
I love Bioware, have they done one single bad game? Dice is also nice.

There are lots more but im to lazy too write them down.

Project Blaze
01-30-2011, 10:34 AM
What games can you think of by this mystery maker?
Oh, that one that I couldn't think of is long gone by now. lol I couldn't remember if my life depended on it now. :x

Warm1nator
01-30-2011, 01:02 PM
VALVE Rules.

BobTD
01-30-2011, 02:31 PM
Bioware for sure I really love. Also a big fan of NIS and Capcom.

Bethesda is up there even though their last game engine choice lasted to long. Im willing to forgive them now that they are making a new one, finally. Im not really critical of graphics, Im talking more about the bugs and glitches that we always get with their new games, but even so their character animations where always bothersome.

And of course my favorite indie game developed is David Rosen, and Wolffire Games for the fantastic job they do at demonstrating their work, and involving the community in their latest project.

Flab-Ender
01-30-2011, 05:05 PM
Bioware for sure I really love. Also a big fan of NIS and Capcom.

Bethesda is up there even though their last game engine choice lasted to long. Im willing to forgive them now that they are making a new one, finally. Im not really critical of graphics, Im talking more about the bugs and glitches that we always get with their new games, but even so their character animations where always bothersome.

And of course my favorite indie game developed is David Rosen, and Wolffire Games for the fantastic job they do at demonstrating their work, and involving the community in their latest project.

What games has Bioware made?

Muffincat
01-30-2011, 05:23 PM
What games has Bioware made?

Current Games | BioWare (http://www.bioware.com/games/)

: D

as for me, maybe Insomniac? Except Resistance...ergh...

ArenaNet... Nippon Ichi Software (NIS, as mentioned above)

Valve is always good, of course. *shrug*

Squaresoft/enix/Square Enix.

I dunno. It depends... there are publishers that I prefer... I don't know if you necessarily mean the developers themselves, or what.

Project Blaze
01-31-2011, 11:15 AM
Oh, I think Toei were the makers of Fist of the North Star: Ken's rage. There might be another word after Toei though that I forgot. But anyway, I was instantly sold when I saw that they made a game from one of the BEST anime out there!! I was blown away by the older anime of FotNS, the newer one didn't really match up to it. Ah, the nostalgia.

Flab-Ender
01-31-2011, 07:55 PM
Current Games | BioWare (http://www.bioware.com/games/)

: D

as for me, maybe Insomniac? Except Resistance...ergh...

ArenaNet... Nippon Ichi Software (NIS, as mentioned above)

Valve is always good, of course. *shrug*

Squaresoft/enix/Square Enix.

I dunno. It depends... there are publishers that I prefer... I don't know if you necessarily mean the developers themselves, or what.

I liked the Kingdom Hearts series, so I guess Square Enix is pretty good. I really only played the second one, but it had a great story.

Raoul
02-02-2011, 02:40 AM
Oh god, I completely forgot about Valve!

:'(How can you forget about them they make brilliant games. lol like L4D that game is just killer awesome.:cheesy:

Exentenzed
02-02-2011, 02:50 AM
I guess my old time favorite was Codemasters because of the original Operation Flashpoint and Westwood Studios.

Currently however my favorites will have to be Bethesda,
Massive Entertainment, Ubisoft and Lionhead Studios :)

Raoul
02-02-2011, 03:01 AM
I guess my old time favorite was Codemasters because of the original Operation Flashpoint and Westwood Studios.

Currently however my favorites will have to be Bethesda,
Massive Entertainment, Ubisoft and Lionhead Studios :)

Ubisoft they also make awesome game I am playing Tom Clancy Rainbox Six Vegas 2 there and that game is fun especially the terrorist hunt:p:p

HiTechSavvy
02-02-2011, 09:31 PM
Great question!
A couple game makers come to mind when choosing a favorite:
3d Realms
Valve
Gearbox
Konami

And I cant recall who made The Neverhood but they are also on the list :D

Raoul
02-03-2011, 01:42 AM
3d Realms and Gearbox they also make nice good game to play and enjoy. Duke Nukem 3D was from 3d Realms and that was awesome;)