PDA

View Full Version : Fav grand theft auto game?

CZRose
01-14-2011, 09:00 PM
San Andres hands down!:D

LiNuX
01-14-2011, 09:11 PM
Vice City is the only one I played all the way through. I played San Andreas but I don't own the game. I would have liked to play the online version of it but never got the chance. Moved onto mostly FPS around that time.

Jaykub
01-14-2011, 09:19 PM
Like linux, Vice City is the only one I played all the way through. I still play it often.

insert_cliche_here
01-14-2011, 09:21 PM
4ftw! Niko Bellic is one of my favourite video game characters ever :D

HamadaLFC8
01-14-2011, 09:56 PM
i love all of them seriously! haha GTA IV is veryyy decent, then Vice City and then San andreas or GTA III

Charlotte
01-14-2011, 10:38 PM
I have play kinda a lots of the series including the old classic version. Well, I thing I like San Andreas and Liberty City.

Jayhmmz
01-15-2011, 08:24 AM
Niko Bellic has my vote!

LysiaMoon
01-15-2011, 09:18 AM
The original no contest!
I remember playing it when I was really really young and thinking omg I'm so naughty!
I never really used to do the missions I just walked around shipping cars over the docks, shooting people and driving really fast trying to make loads of cars get stuck in one place so I could blow one up and cause a domino effect! Oh and killing frenzy! HA!
I loved that game and it's awesome birds eye view format.
Those were the days!

TimmoUK
01-15-2011, 09:24 AM
GTA4 and Vice City.

I like the customizable cars on San Andreas though and a lot of map to explore.

Raoul
01-20-2011, 01:56 AM
Mine would be Vice City and GTA IV:cheesy:

rexxar
01-23-2011, 02:34 PM
Of course the best game of GTA is GTA 4. You can't even compare it with previous games.

Raoul
01-24-2011, 04:16 AM
True, but there are people that also still love playng the older GTA series which is also awesome.

CZRose
03-11-2011, 07:06 PM
i havent really played that many GTA games other than San Andres and vice city stories, but from what you guys say im gonna have to get GTA 4

DirtyDMan
03-11-2011, 08:58 PM
San Andreas... You could do just about anything on that game... So when IV came out I was disappointed in it..

paecmaker
03-12-2011, 02:22 AM
I must choose vice city and GTA IV. REPUBLIKAN SPACE RANGERS Shoot first, ask questions later.

CZRose
04-14-2011, 08:24 PM
ya GTA IV has some pretty awesome graphics and such, but there isnt much to do and not that much to the story line i think

Saph
04-14-2011, 10:03 PM
I think the best GTA game of all was GTA: San Andreas. It was just better in every aspect to me.

Storyline, gameplay, plot, layout, it all worked for me.

But come on...GTA IV's storyline and plot was just lame, like pulled out of a slot machine.

A russian on a ship sails into the US and meets his loser cousin and decides to go on a rampage to make a buck.
Great...

Synge
04-14-2011, 11:02 PM
I never finished San Andreas, but I played enough of it to consider it the best, followed by Vice City and GTA4 is last on m list. Haven't played much of the other ones.

Ailithic
04-15-2011, 05:42 AM
GTA IV hands down plus the DLC is awesome to

ROFLBRYCE
04-16-2011, 10:33 AM
Most time wasted was definitely on San Andreas. God that game was fun. Granted, I was probably 10 and it was the most sex, violence and swearing my little brain had ever been exposed to, so I thought it was awesome.

Saph
04-16-2011, 11:59 AM
Dont forget organized crime and gang related violence!!!

red.
04-18-2011, 09:14 PM
GTA3 is my favorite. Couldn't stop playing that game.

Mordry
04-19-2011, 05:58 AM
Nothing goes over Vice City, super Atmosphere, nice Story and nice Gameplay.

San Andreas was nice but there was 2 Problems: The PC Version was raped by rockstar games with bugs...the controls had the same problems (I remember on the airplane mission where you have to drive in an airplane and all the barrels came in your way, it was hell or the car-training missions). I only talk about the PC Version so don't going on rage.

GTA 3 was the problem that your charakter was a puppet, it wasn't able to talk and did everything that the others wanted.

GTA 4: I won't play it because I just don't want to. I like to spent my money more for Crysis 2, The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword, Duke Nukem Forever, Risen 2, Elder Scrolls 5 and more games. GTA 4 just can't give me a reason for buying it.

Saph
04-19-2011, 11:29 AM
First of all: Elder Scrolls 5??? REALLY!?!?!?!

I agree, I wish I hadnt bought GTAIV cause its really just more of the same. To me, GTA3 was AWESOME because it was the first GTA game where you werent stuck with being overhead with crappy graphics, now GTA was actually a free roaming RPG of some sort!

GTA:San Andreas was the end of the line for me, really. It was like striking gold early and getting used to it, and then when silver comes along its just not as exciting. San Andreas was AWESOME(I dont know about PC cause I never played any of the 3rd person GTA games on computer, only the oldies). The whole game just had an awesome atmosphere and the way you played was just laid out beautifully.

GTAIV made me sad cause they hyped people up about new awesome stuff and great graphics and an active city to roam in. GTAIV has nothing that other GTA games had. It was just more violence, more bad attempts at humor, and more bashing grandmas with a baseball bat cause some homo in an ugly suit told you to do it for 200 bucks. Big deal, we've been there since GTAIII

GTA: Vice City was pretty darned awesome cause it was DIFFERENT. All the other games had a 'big city' atmosphere to them, while Vice City took a different turn, and was a tropical island. The character, Tony Versatti(?) Was perfectly made, and really gave you the feeling that he had come for ONE reason, to hit the big leagues, and do anything he can to become the person giving orders, rather than taking them! Add the huge mansion to it, and you really feel like you have something to work towards!

GTAIVs Niko Bellic was a character pulled from a slot machine! He didn't tell me anything at all, and I had absolutely no problem with flying him to the top of a sky scraper and jumping his ass off of a building. That was my favorite part of GTAIV, the AWESOME ways you can kill yourself, the rest is just boring. I completed it, yes, but I wish I never had.

In all essense, all of the game are awesome in their own way, but if you ask ME? I would say that Rockstar Games should think about giving a more lined up conclusion to all of the chaos.

I mean look at ALL of the GTA games: Every time you complete the game, you get nice cars, lots of money, a nice place to call home, and maybe a hot girlfriend in the newer games, but my issue is that despite ALL this you're still the same scumbag you always were. You go out and do your own dirty work despite having money enough to hire an entire army of your own. This bothers me...I wish Rockstar Games would make the final ends of the game about YOU giving orders, and YOU decide how harsh or kind you'll be to those who fail/succeed. I mean isn't that the point in GTA games? Starting as a pathetic pet of thugs and work your way up to become the Crime Lord of all Crime Lords? It doesnt feel like that in the GTA games, you just do a ton of **** that'd make any sane person commit suicide to escape the guilt, and yet you dont really get much of a reward for all of your hidious crimes against the many thousands of people you're murdered.

edgecrusher
04-25-2011, 11:28 PM
as far as gameplay, san andreas. the story was kind of lame though compared to the other games. organized crime and mafia stuff is more entertaining to me than ghetto taking back the hood storylines. as far as atmosphere though, gta IV. but gta III was serisouly one of my best and most memeorable experiences as far as playing a game for the first time. the first day i had off with that game i literally played it for like 10+ hours straight, easy.

Fr0stByte
05-03-2011, 06:24 AM
i like all gta games, with SA being my favourite i loved the pixellated graphics, running through car doors, and all the other cheats that allowed for a hilarious crime filled gaming experience.