PDA

View Full Version : Examine my software

Jokersvirus
01-15-2011, 05:23 AM
I got a few programs on my computer I wanted some general opinions on mainly just protection software. I wanted to know if there is something better out there or something I should take a look at.

For antivirus/firewall im using Comodo internet security.

Spyware Terminator
CCleaner
Malwarebytes
Auslogics Registry cleaner - I know CCleaner has a registry cleaner but this one picks up things ccleaner doesnt find sometimes.

It seems like alot but im trying to better protect my system from all possible threats.

Dark~Angel74
01-15-2011, 08:02 AM
Have you tried looking into a hardware firewall like sonicwall?

Jayhmmz
01-15-2011, 08:12 AM
I'm sorry but this is going to be completely unrelated; I would just like to say that I easily found the dirty side of this thread title, and yes, I LOLd.

Ilyich Valken
01-15-2011, 11:21 AM
CCleaner and Malwarebytes are good, I've never heard of/used the other two.

LiNuX
01-15-2011, 11:23 AM
CCCleaner is good - haven't used the rest.

Best way to protect yourself from malware is to not visit random websites. Or allow people to use your computer without your permission.

Jayhmmz
01-15-2011, 12:17 PM
I love CCleaner. I got advised to download it last Summer, and it's pretty much helped keep my PC in working order. I have it do a scan every time my PC starts up and then I do my own scan at the end of the week. Magic.

leica
01-15-2011, 01:23 PM

hardware firewalls are nearly useless for a pc. most routers have something of a firewall built in anyway. just sayin'.

Jokersvirus
01-15-2011, 04:54 PM
I got a good firewall, I use comodo and according to the reviews ive read and some computer tech people its one of the best freeware programs out there and I havent had issues with it yet

I'm sorry but this is going to be completely unrelated; I would just like to say that I easily found the dirty side of this thread title, and yes, I LOLd.
I did too you made my mind dirty today, meanie

CCleaner and Malwarebytes are good, I've never heard of/used the other two.
Registry cleaner, spyware terminator? Spyware terminator is pretty much like anti virus scan but it checks as much or as little as you want of your system for mal code the registry cleaner is the same way.

CCCleaner is good - haven't used the rest.

Best way to protect yourself from malware is to not visit random websites. Or allow people to use your computer without your permission.
by random you just mean some joe blow site off a google search ive never heard of? Ya I will agree with that. Also have you heard of a program called space sniffer? Its pretty cool tells you how every kilabyte of memory on your hard drive is being used.

Polishkid
01-17-2011, 09:41 PM

hahaha i thought the same thing when i read the title